Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smartphone as Game Controller? Sonic the Hedgehog!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wanted to play the Sonic the HedgeHog game, but it requires a game controller to use.

Seems logical and simpler that you could just use your iPhone or Android device to act as a game controller...and everyone already has one. No buying a new controller.

Don't know if this has been discussed or if this suggestion can be submitted to Tesla?

Thanks for the input!

Wanted to play the Sonic the HedgeHog game, but it requires a game controller to use.

Seems logical and simpler that you could just use your iPhone or Android device to act as a game controller...and everyone already has one. No buying a new controller.

Don't know if this has been discussed or if this suggestion can be submitted to Tesla?

Thanks for the input!
Buy a controller? I couldn't play a game on a phone without having physical buttons. If buying a controller do a better job than I did. I've a PS4 controller and an xbox controller PS4 won't work in the Tesla, xbox works with everything yet Sonic says "requires a controller" so I can't start the game.

Xbox controllers work with Sonic. I was playing it yesterday. It's buggy so you have to hit a variety of buttons (can't remember which started it) and possibly restart the game to get it to work.

Xbox controllers work with Sonic. I was playing it yesterday. It's buggy so you have to hit a variety of buttons (can't remember which started it) and possibly restart the game to get it to work.
Not the controller I have, I've mashed every button on that thing and it did f all. Started some other random games and worked perfectly. I can't start Sonic it just says requires a controller and mashing the buttons on the controller that does work in other games does nothing. They need a controller calibration screen so you can test that it works then check a box so it forces all games to use it. That or sell a controller that actually works however I'm two controllers deep at this stage.