TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Smartwatch Support?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Max*, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

I was looking at getting the new Gear S3 (once it's finally available), but wanted to find out if there is a Tesla app for it? From my searching it seems no...

What I see so far:
    Apple - Remote S, etc.
    Android Wear - someone somewhere commented that the Tesla app works on it, but with the same limited functionality that the phone app has
    Tizen - Nada

Anyone have an android wear (Moto? etc.) smartwatch? How does the Tesla app compare?
    Anyone have the Gear S2? Any Tesla options for it?

2. fallen888

fallen888 Member.. hehe, I said "member"

I have an old Moto 360 (first gen). I don't get anything from the Tesla app on it. Maybe I have certain notifications disabled? o_O

• Informative x 1
  3. UCLA98

UCLA98 Member

I have zenwatch 2 that connects to my Samsung note 5. I also paid $6.99 for an android app called AutoAlly, which allows the users to control Tesla, BMW, and other EV cars. You can lock, unlock, honk, turn on light, and turn on the AC using the smart watch. On the phone, you can remote start your car without having to enter the pin number. This app loads much quicker than the Tesla App. I love it.

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
  4. Casey_S

Casey_S Member

Full Android Wear support with Induction.

• Like x 1
  5. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

So several android options, no tizen options. Thanks everyone.

I can't say I'm surprised, but I am disappointed. I may still get the Gear S3 though...