Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

smash repairer recommendations in sydney?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

A concrete wall failed to give way and ran into the side of my Tesla, and now I have a scrape/dent that I want to get fixed up.

Has anyone had a good experience (or bad experience) with smash repairers in Sydney?

I know Tesla recommends Exclusive Body Werks in Granville, but it's a bit out of the way for me, so I was hoping for some alternatives on the north shore?

NRMA recommends Gemini Artarmon, but they seem to have a few bad reviews online, and I don't know if they'll do a good job on aluminium panels?

Cheers,
Carl.

So, this isn't a helpful reply and for that I apologise, but I have to say I love the term "smash repairer". Here we call it a body shop (or autobody shop, to some), but smash repairer is much more...visceral. And descriptive.

Best of luck with your repairs, sorry about your misfortune.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread...

Reactions: Shock-On-T
I can endorse NSC. We have had quite a bit of work done by them over the years. Avik is the owner.
I will be getting them to spray my aftermarket new bumper bar when it finally arrives. Not cheap but they do good work. Bear in mind that Audi also are aluminium, and they do a lot of work on them. However, if new panels are required, I don't know if Tesla will supply a non approved shop.... Tesla WILL supply you personally though, so that may be a work around.
Also, there is nothing fancy about how the panels are put together. Industry standard. Having pulled off the front bumper bar, it mostly all just clicks together with the occasional bolt thrown in.

Last edited:
I can endorse NSC. We have had quite a bit of work done by them over the years. Avik is the owner.
I will be getting them to spray my aftermarket new bumper bar when it finally arrives. Not cheap but they do good work. Bear in mind that Audi also are aluminium, and they do a lot of work on them. However, if new panels are required, I don't know if Tesla will supply a non approved shop.... Tesla WILL supply you personally though, so that may be a work around.
Also, there is nothing fancy about how the panels are put together. Industry standard. Having pulled off the front bumper bar, it mostly all just clicks together with the occasional bolt thrown in.

Thanks Dborn. I took the car into NSC yesterday to get it inspected and they seem very professional and knowledgeable and thorough. Only downside is that they need to have the car for 12 days to fix the damage. But they do provide a free loan car, which makes up for it.