Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smash Repairs in Brisbane

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had minor work that entailed welding done to the Model S by Kassulkes Smash Repairs at Everton Hills.
They did a good job and quite reasonably priced.

BTW: Tesla Australia also had a tail light in stock in Sydney.

Now - if I just stop running into things...

So Ray, you reversed into something solid? Tell me it wasn't Summon :) Do you not press the camera icon then the traffic cone / witch's hat button to get full-screen situational awareness? (Actually I think it should default to that screen in reverse without hitting 2 buttons) No warning sounds? In any case glad it’s all fixed up & shiny new now!

[Edit] Actually I need to check my facts a better :) It already defaults to that screen...got confused with inching forward in the driveway.

Last edited:
So Ray, you reversed into something solid? Tell me it wasn't Summon :) Do you not press the camera icon then the traffic cone / witch's hat button to get full-screen situational awareness? (Actually I think it should default to that screen in reverse without hitting 2 buttons) No warning sounds? In any case glad it’s all fixed up & shiny new now!

[Edit] Actually once you're in reverse it's only the one button you need to hit to get full-screen vision
I backed into the tray of a parked truck. I rely too much on beep-beep sounds and in this case that just didn't happen :cursing:

The other offenders are these tailgate lifter trucks. Had one recently leave it horizontal sticking out into the traffic lane. Perfectly at eye level and only 50mm thick and dark grey. Saw it at the last moment before it decapitated my S and its passenger.
Needless to say the truck driver was reported, defected, and booked.

I backed into the tray of a parked truck. I rely too much on beep-beep sounds and in this case that just didn't happen :cursing:
ouch! Sorry to hear that! Glad you found someone good to help out, and thanks for the reference.

The other offenders are these tailgate lifter trucks. Had one recently leave it horizontal sticking out into the traffic lane. Perfectly at eye level and only 50mm thick and dark grey. Saw it at the last moment before it decapitated my S and its passenger.
Needless to say the truck driver was reported, defected, and booked.
Impressive follow-through, paulp : good job.

I had a small ding when I reversed into a letter box post. It was very small but just large enough that try as I might I could not ignore it.
The paint code can be found low down on the driver's side B pillar, in my case that was PNT Code:pBCW.

For $81 I purchased three large (created on the spot) aerosol cans; base colour Catalina White (Paint Code: PBCW known as Solid White in Tesla speak), top clear coat and some primer filler that I did not use) some wet and dry abrasive sheets and a pot of filler.

That all came from: Harts Industrial Paint Supplies of 425 Newman Rd, Geebung Qld 4034.
Note: Colour match was perfect and they did a good and easy job but they are not the same paint type as used by Tesla.

I also spent $500 on the correct paint which comes as a two part base colour with separate hardener (I bought 2 litres) plus reducer, one part clear coat (again 2 litres) and reducer and another can of filler.
The reducer thins the paint to a viscosity suitable for spray painting.

That correct paint came from: BASF Automotive Finishes and is known as Glasurit waterborne paint.
I got mine from: Prestige Paint and Equipment Supplies, 1/11 Woomera Place, Archerfield, Qld 4108.

I have not used the Glasurit stuff yet, I understand it has a guaranteed shelf life of 6 months. I recently purchased a couple of cheap spray guns to use with that paint. Maybe I'll paint the wheels with it.

I have zero skill in this area but if you take your time and don't rush it's easy enough to get an apparently perfect result.
Any other colour than Solid White or Solid Black might be a much bigger challenge though.

If a small amount of panel beating is required here is a link to a video I found handy:
https://youtu.be/vcNiYQgsBUU

Last edited:
Paulp you speak some truth, I half expect the paint to fade at a different rate to the rest of the car but I have plenty of paint and I'm happy to redo if things go bad in the future. Turns out spray painting is a pleasant enough activity.

If tesla do that in Adelaide, the tesla's will go.
Huw really has to learn to steer clear or the established *up market* fixit shops. I have two examples in Brisbane where you really would NOT deal with these people.
The shop I used was less than half the price of the robber barons and did a good job in a reasonable time. I strongly suggest Tesla look for this type of shop.

Huw really has to learn to steer clear or the established *up market* fixit shops. I have two examples in Brisbane where you really would NOT deal with these people.
The shop I used was less than half the price of the robber barons and did a good job in a reasonable time. I strongly suggest Tesla look for this type of shop.
yes its a surprising approach given tesla USA's deliberate push away from established places and their archaic slug-at-any-opportunity approach. Tesla Australia seem to support the small communities by placing superchargers amongst them, and this is now a great chance to support small premium quality repair operators. Avoiding lining the pockets of the undeserving multinationals is one of the important considerations of ownership for me.

I believe he is still looking around. Hopefully it doesn't go that way.

The Bridgestone workshop I used in the Brisbane area was awesome. When my steering alignment was off, I was told to get a wheel alignment. I gave them the specs and they aligned it. They also recommended a rotation and balance. Got it back and it was exactly the same.

Talked to Huw again and he suggested they check the steering alignment when they were aligning the wheels. Took it back to the same workshop and they adjusted it again and got it spot on. And they didn't charge me for it either because it was rework. They had never done one before but I was quite happy with the result.

Dear Astroboy747,
I checked my front wheel toe adjustment yesterday.
I was surprised to see my front wheels have been set with a small amount of toe-out, that is the left wheel is set to move left by 1/6th of a degree while the right points 1/6th of a degree to the right when travelling straight for a combined toe-out of 1/3rd of a degree included angle. I have no idea what the official settings are (like you my car is a 70D with air suspension) though I kind of expected all four wheels to be set for zero toe-in and or zero toe-out since that would give the least rolling resistance and best tyre life. I did my measurements with the air suspension at normal height. I also noticed that with the suspension set to maximum hight the slight toe-out becomes quite pronounced toe-in but I guess that change in toe is to be expected as the suspension is raised or lowered substantially.

Please, what are the Tesla recommended settings for toe, camber and caster for the four wheels of the Model S 70D ?
Just what were the specs. you gave to Bridgestone ?

Best regards.

Last edited: