Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smashed C-Pillar window at Fleming's in Santa Clara, CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In this video, that’s the owner of Extreme Autowerks (and staff, and customers), and that’s his own shop’s front door.

Earlier this year, we scheduled with Extreme Autowerks to tint our Model X with Photosync, and the guy said their Cerrito shop was currently under "remodeling" and they had to temporary move to another location. After watching that video now I know why.... LOL. :D

Earlier this year, we scheduled with Extreme Autowerks to tint our Model X with Photosync, and the guy said their Cerrito shop was currently under "remodeling" and they had to temporary move to another location. After watching that video now I know why.... LOL. :D

Hehe! Yeah, they moved to Brea after I don’t know how many years in Cerritos.

I look forward to seeing the new shop when I get my roof panels done (Photosync 35) - I heard they’re doing about 1000 Teslas a year now (which is what, a little less than 20/week? Not sure what percentage of that is tint versus wraps versus both). They’re going to need a second story.

Because of Prop 47 and 57, there’s little to no punishment for these types of crimes.

Sounds like crappy place to live, apathetic civic leaders and apathetic law makers... in Virginia >$1000 of property damage is a Felony - maximum of five years in jail and a minimum fine of $2500.

§ 18.2-137. Injuring, etc., any property, monument, etc.
§ 18.2-137(A) . Injuring, etc., any property, monument, etc.
§ 18.2-137(B). Injuring, etc., any property, monument, etc.
§ 15.2-1812. Memorials for war veterans.

I would pay extra for proposition 50mA ripping through a perp with a special alarm system that would make them do the electro-dance.

main-qimg-8f42af631578e9536cab749da9e6fb13

Last edited:
Great links. I would also recommend that C-Bond exterior windshield coating, which is a) inexpensive and b) comes with a great warranty. For those in SoCal, Extreme Autowerks now in Brea is the place to go for C-Bond productized services.

Lastly, for those who want a bit of visual reinforcement wrt the general concept, here’s an example (below) of what we’re trying to achieve - which is to simply make it more annoying and more of a time-consuming hassle to get into your chariot than the 100 chariots nearby. Security film not yet available for cars afaik, but the additive is.

In this video, that’s the owner of Extreme Autowerks (and staff, and customers), and that’s his own shop’s front door.

That is awesome stuff...however the pros have better methods...

• Funny
Reactions: TaoJones
Sounds like crappy place to live, apathetic civic leaders and apathetic law makers... in Virginia >$1000 of property damage is a Felony - maximum of five years in jail and a minimum fine of $2500.

§ 18.2-137. Injuring, etc., any property, monument, etc.
§ 18.2-137(A) . Injuring, etc., any property, monument, etc.
§ 18.2-137(B). Injuring, etc., any property, monument, etc.
§ 15.2-1812. Memorials for war veterans.

I would pay extra for proposition 50mA ripping through a perp with a special alarm system that would make them do the electro-dance.

main-qimg-8f42af631578e9536cab749da9e6fb13

Now there’s a chart that should be stickied in the name of education and innovation.

Further, in the spirit of disproportionate coverage of all things Tesla, wouldn’t it be a darned shame if an article just happened to get promulgated via the InterWebz that noted a thwarted theft somewhere in the American Heartland due to the perpetrator being at the receiving end of a shocking behavioral reconditioning treatment.

Never mind that the headline would read “TESLA SHOCKS CITIZEN”, as long as the body of the article indicated that the car’s contents remained whole and the perpetrator did not require medical attention after he or she regained consciousness.

At minimum, placards with the message “This car protected by electrical current - do not break glass.” with a couple of LED-powered lightning bolt buttons might be an interesting deterrent to the smash and grab crowd.

Unfortunately, auto burglary/vandalism is considered a victimless crime in the Bay Area...
Strange, how anti progressive of the Bay Area residents.

I for one am so progressive that my belongings now have feelings and emotions and they make their own decisions.

Just yesterday my car did not feel like taking me to work. I dare my boss to fire me! I’d sue him so fast!

But seriously what a bunch of BS. Vehicles are someone’s belongings, vandalizing them = owner is the victim.

I have friends in law enforcment and probation. They said you cbs do a lot of heinous stuff and there’s pretty much no punishment.

Major drug dealer in my neighborhood got his house raised by SWAT. They found fighting pitbulls, weapons, 50+ pot plants, etc. Dude got out on bail next day and continued his behavior. I’m giving major cliffs notes here but pretty much nothing happened. Until he moved to another town and is now a homeless meth head.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
It would be nice if we had the Euro Tesla package that *does* have that. Especially given the scope of the problem.
IIRC, some threads discussing dash cam installations in the USA have talked of using "wires that would normally provide power to the intrusion sensor in the European models". Is it worth asking Tesla exactly what would be involved in retrofitting a European Security package in a US spec Tesla? Perhaps owners in US and Canada could lobby Tesla to offer the European Security Package as an option in North America.

IIRC, some threads discussing dash cam installations in the USA have talked of using "wires that would normally provide power to the intrusion sensor in the European models". Is it worth asking Tesla exactly what would be involved in retrofitting a European Security package in a US spec Tesla? Perhaps owners in US and Canada could lobby Tesla to offer the European Security Package as an option in North America.
Tweet to Elon?

I got an estimate from Service King in Santa Clara. About $380-ish installed. The actual glass is about $260 or $280. They called Tesla and said the glass could take 3 days to 3 months to arrive.

A friend at work has a Model 3 that has the same breakage. She's getting her glass in a week.

I have my appt next Monday at Tesla and they said they'll have the glass in stock and can install same day. Fingers crossed.

In the meantime I'll install some razor blades tipped with poisonous tree frog poison on the rear seat latches ;)

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911 and Need
A friend of mine in San Fransciso said there’s a street by his house and it’s lined with broken glass. The signs and open cars don’t deter anyone. They just break the windows regardless.

Because of Prop 47 the entire state let’s criminals walk every day. SF just gets the publicity. This happens in my town every day too and it’s a small town. Our Target parking lot is a hot spot for this.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911