TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

SMOG Certification - One more thing I no longer have to worry about

Discussion in 'California' started by PureAmps, Feb 7, 2013.

1. PureAmps

PureAmps Model S P85 (#2817)

I just received a registration renewal from the DMV for one of my existing vehicles in the mail today. I opened it up to find this dreaded notice at the top:

Screen Shot 2013-02-07 at 9.43.38 PM.png

Just a reminder of one less headache I'll have with the Model S...

2. gregincal

gregincal Active Member

So do they know not to require that with your EV registration? My worry is that the registration will contain this anyway.

3. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Registrations contain the letter E, designating it is a BEV with zero emissions - you will not be told to get a smog check.

4. JohnEC

JohnEC S 00443

Just take it to a SMOG place and enjoy the show while they try to find the tailpipe (and the engine)!

5. jaanton

jaanton Roadster NA #1026

Some LEAF owners had problems that their Nissan dealer put the wrong fuel code on the DMV paperwork. They had to go through some hoops to get that cleared up. I would recommend all new EV owners to check that their title and registration has the correct fuel code. It would like affect smog checking and "access ok" stickers. Tesla probably gets it right because they only do EV's.