Hello Tesla experts. I am looking for some advice / guidance on a very specific goal and I think this is the right section to post since Im 99 percent I need an X but generally - I want the smoothest riding Tesla possible. A little back story:
Thank you in advance.
- I currently have a 2018 Tesla model three long range and the car is incredible and amazing and still feels like I’m in the future. That said its one of the if not the bumpiest and loudest rides I’ve ever been in. I had 2 Ford Fusions before my 3. I have taken it to the dealership a couple times and they said it’s normal… In casual reading of this forum says that it’s how sport car handles etc. etc. When I initially bought this car it was because I had a three hour round-trip commute in LA traffic and all I cared about was auto drive. So basically I purchased the "cheapest" possible way to have auto drive and it worked and I loved it… However now I am working from home and I don’t use auto drive much even though I still love it for road trips. That said with two kids and a wife who hates bumps and gets nauseous in bumpy cars I am looking for the smoothest Tesla possible which I assume is the model X with the raven suspension.
- My 3 and the Y for all intense and purposes is the same car when it comes to quietness and the smooth ride. I believe the 3 and the Y both have some type of spring coil and the x and s have some type of fancy air suspension.
- I am looking at used as well as new and reports seem to be some kind of improvement with the new raven suspension? I know nothing about cars and have no idea what that means but that seems to be the consensus. Is it true that an X with Raven is "smoother and quieter" than not raven? If so what year did Raven come out in terms of what year+ X I should search for.
- I love the S and have driven some friends and really loved how smooth the ride was but it was too much car with not enough window for me (and the kids) so I dont want S.
- I know there are a lot of aftermarket tips and tricks in terms of new shocks or lowering tire pressure for new tires and smaller tires etc. and I tried variety of those things with not much luck on my 3. To be honest I’m not a guy who wants to spend that much time (kids dont allow for that) updating and suping up a car I just want the quietest smoothest ride possible.
- PS often times people say you should get a Bentley or Camry but I don’t want those I want a Tesla because I love the auto drive and I love feeling like I’m driving in the future! And - I live next door to a service station and close to chargers so it’s very convenient.
Thank you in advance.