Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smooth delivery in Richmond

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I originally scheduled my delivery for yesterday (Saturday), the first day that was available when I got the text message to schedule. Wednesday evening a woman from the Richmond showroom called me to tell me the car arrived earlier than anticipated and could be picked up any time after noon on Thursday. Since that's my day off, we scheduled the pickup for 12:30 Thursday.

The showroom parking lots, front and back, were packed with new cars for delivery with a transport unloading more vehicles. The delivery only had one glitch, my wife wanted to be on the title and when I was digitally signing all the documents online before delivery day one critical document locked and finalized after my signature alone, said I was done. Turns out they had to have her signature on that one as well. The delivery person said it should only take five minutes to get to it online and add her signature. Unfortunately, three of the four beautiful huge Apple all in one computers were on the glitch, one with black screen of death, another that refused to recognize any keyboard, and a third locked up with a spinning wheel on the screen. Between the one functional unit and mostly the delivery woman's personal HP laptop we were eventually able to get the thing signed. Total delivery time from arrival to driving away was 2 1/2 hours. Sans signature and computer issues it would have been about 30 minutes.

The actual delivery was smooth. The rep even scrubbed my license plates clean before transferring them to my new Y, said she didn't think I'd like putting dirty plates on a clean white car (they were indeed filthy). They used a plate mount on the front that requires no drilling since our state requires plates front and back. On the interior there was one spot where the front carpet piece covering the riser on which the driver's seat is mounted meets the rear section of carpet where the glue strip was exposed. She asked if I could wait and see if service could address this before I left rather than bring it back for a service appointment (I live about a 70 minute drive away). Took five minutes, it was fixed.

There is only one tiny glitch on the exterior. All panels, gaps, trim are fine. There is a single place in an inconspicuous spot where there is a tiny particle in the paint. I'm not going to sweat it, it's like a beauty mark on a beautiful woman. And I suspect a paint repair would be more noticeable than the little speck. My BMW 335i hardtop convertible I was trading in had more paint issues when new than my new Y. On the drive home there was a faint rattle from the back seat area, haven't heard it since.

Overall very pleased with the quality of the build and the delivery process. I now need to upgrade my home wifi to get better reception in the garage.

White/black, LR/DM, FSD, tow hitch, 19" Gemini, VIN 118xx.

Last edited:
Reactions: EinSV and endizguyz
upgrade my home wifi to get better reception in the garage

Mesh router setup. I use Netgear Orbi with public SSID for Internet of things (IOT)stuff, like the Teslas, light switches, etc and a private SSID for my personal devices. The switch was easiest by keeping the old SSID for visitors and IOT devices. Those things I have no control of the security, so public SSID with mesh routers...

Reactions: laservet