Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smooth delivery today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MY-Y

Mar 4, 2020
MD
With much concern from reading this forum and armed with my checklist, I headed out for my MY this afternoon. Its not perfect, but pretty close. Two paint imperfections that will be buffed out, a tiny chip near the headlight, and the biggest issue, a small scratch on the window where they scraped the window sticker off.

It's funny, I checked my other cars for panel gaps before heading out. I've always been happy with them, yet they have some of the same panel alignment issues that are highlighted on Teslas.

I did notice a couple of issues driving home. The FM radio wouldn't play - screen reboot fixed that. One time I entered the car, the passenger window rolled down 1", and at 70, there was some very low frequency noise (I'll check then hatch bumpers soon.)

I updated to the latest SW when I got home, so hopefully the window rolling down issue is solved.

Last edited:
Update: spending some time looking at home, there are two other things that need to be fixed and one that I may ask to be fixed.
1. Small scratch on bumper through the paint
2. Passenger door top trim is wrinkled- like it was mounted with a hammer.
3. Red color on hood isn't even - not sure if I care enough, will have to reevaluate in the sun tomorrow.

There are multiple minor paint imperfections. I guess I see the car as a wear-item vs a piece of fine art, so those don't bug me too much.

Update: spending some time looking at home, there are two other things that need to be fixed and one that I may ask to be fixed.
1. Small scratch on bumper through the paint
2. Passenger door top trim is wrinkled- like it was mounted with a hammer.
3. Red color on hood isn't even - not sure if I care enough, will have to reevaluate in the sun tomorrow.

There are multiple minor paint imperfections. I guess I see the car as a wear-item vs a piece of fine art, so those don't bug me too much.

What is your vin?

That's great. How were you able to confirm that these items were included? I pick up on Sunday.

For the compressor, I removed the plastic cover under the front trunk and looked. For the motor, you can see the motor ID plate through the rear driver's wheel (with the Gemini cover removed). I couldn't read it that way, but it made it easy to see where to hold my cell phone behind the wheel and take a picture. The 990 model number is easy to read that way.

For the compressor, I removed the plastic cover under the front trunk and looked. For the motor, you can see the motor ID plate through the rear driver's wheel (with the Gemini cover removed). I couldn't read it that way, but it made it easy to see where to hold my cell phone behind the wheel and take a picture. The 990 model number is easy to read that way.
Was the frunk trim loose, like we've seen on early cars?