Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SMS from Tesla re delivery and the virus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not in Sydney or the larger cities but are you getting the same reaction
I went into the city with my daughter yesterday to get some art supplies for if/when the complete 'lockdown' happens. We drove in rather than catch a bus, figuring it would not be hard to get a parking spot (it wasn't). There were not a lot of people walking around. Almost every shop was open, but very few people inside them. We were very careful to touch as few surfaces as possible and clean our hands afterwards.

Normally the George St shopping strip would be absolutely throbbing at 11am on a Saturday morning. This is what it looked like yesterday:

IMG_3260.jpg

I went into the city with my daughter yesterday to get some art supplies for if/when the complete 'lockdown' happens. We drove in rather than catch a bus, figuring it would not be hard to get a parking spot (it wasn't). There were not a lot of people walking around. Almost every shop was open, but very few people inside them. We were very careful to touch as few surfaces as possible and clean our hands afterwards.

Normally the George St shopping strip would be absolutely throbbing at 11am on a Saturday morning. This is what it looked like yesterday:

View attachment 524173
Great photo, quite eerie. Looks like a lot of extra isolation measures about to hit. Victoria is about to go into an early school holidays on Tuesday (and my kids may feel a bit unwell tomorrow too), and all non-essential businesses to shut in 48 hours.

Interesting, the word from the PM is that it’s just social gatherings as non-essential. The ABC suggests that Victoria was pushing harder for truly essential, but has been overruled. So deliveries could still be on, but who knows when the Victorian government will lose patience? Fingers crossed.

View attachment 524173
Looks like taken with iPhone 11. Good HDR :)

Re: coronavirus

I would estimate about 50,000 people in Australia will die from coronavirus this year, on top of the 100,000 or so that die from other causes each year.

Australians don't really stand a chance of stopping the spread of the virus, we just don't have the same mindset as the Chinese or Koreans. I'm sure none of us wore masks when going outside this past week.

I would estimate about 50,000 people in Australia will die from coronavirus this year, on top of the 100,000 or so that die from other causes each year.

Australians don't really stand a chance of stopping the spread of the virus, we just don't have the same mindset as the Chinese or Koreans. I'm sure none of us wore masks when going outside this past week.
That seems a rather pessimistic view. If we get on top of it before the cooler months it will hopefully be nowhere near that bad. In this country we’ve had 143,000 tests done, 1709 confirmed cases (1.2% of those tested), and 7 deaths (0.4% of confirmed cases) which is one of the lowest death rates in the world, and not much more than normal influenza.

While we should never be complacent and think things won’t get worse, the isolation measures now in place, and weather not too cold, should help reduce the spread. I guess we won’t find out for 2-3 weeks whether the new infection rate is starting to bend down or not, let’s hope it does.

That seems a rather pessimistic view. If we get on top of it before the cooler months it will hopefully be nowhere near that bad. In this country we’ve had 143,000 tests done, 1709 confirmed cases (1.2% of those tested), and 7 deaths (0.4% of confirmed cases) which is one of the lowest death rates in the world, and not much more than normal influenza.

While we should never be complacent and think things won’t get worse, the isolation measures now in place, and weather not too cold, should help reduce the spread. I guess we won’t find out for 2-3 weeks whether the new infection rate is starting to bend down or not, let’s hope it does.
I certain hope so too.
We already live more isolated than those in Europe and Asia, which may end up being a big help (bigger houses, fewer communal areas, more suburbia).
On the other hand, the outbreak has only just begun here, so all the negative tests are to be expected.
We will see in due course I suppose.

Touch less handover can be done. I really dont see anything in the present restrictions that prohibit delivery. Even with more strenuous restrictions. The exception would be total lockdown and “confined to barracks”, but i really cant see that happening this week anyway!

Maybe they should use summon for even more touchless delivery.

• Helpful
Reactions: paulp
I picked my Model 3 yesterday up with the No Touch option - to process was

* The staff met me (at distance) in front of the delivery area. They opened the roller door and then went back inside and closed the roller door
* I inspected the car and then they called me on my phone and talked me through setting up my phone as a key, pairing via bluetooth and setting up navigation. The key cards were left on the back table (with a bottle of hand sanitiser)
* They asked if I had any questions and then when i didn't they asked me to reply to their email saying i'd taken delivery
* After they confirmed receipt of the email, they opened the roller door then came out to wave me off

Pretty straightforward and i'm loving the car! Though I'm surprised they didn't send it out with a full (as in 90%) battery - came out with ~50%
We picked up our white M3 Inventory Performance this arvo while the sales guy looked out from the window above guiding me through some basic set ups via mobile. Possibly the last pick up before "lock down"?? All good except for a few paint imperfections. 85% battery charge. We were going to wait for the Model Y, but because of the Aussie dollar going down and the Tesla plants slowing/closing, thought to act now.

Reactions: Vostok and JasonV