Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snagged a P90D Inventory car for $700/mnth on the new 24 month lease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
+1 on the thanks. I did not get a P90D. I knew from the outset of this post that if I could get a 90D cheaper I'd do that because the P90D is almost useless on LA roads. As the owner of an early build 2013 S85, it was Autopilot, parking sensors, next gen seats, a new warranty etc that really enticed me and the speed bump over my S85 was going to be nice as well but a 90D would have offered that speed bump too. Alas, the deal here is really in the discount and since there are hardly any 90D demos/ loaners there's not really any heavily discounted 90Ds.

I was ready to bite on the car that Jimmy posted and it ended up selling in between the time him and I hung up with each other and the sale advisor called me. So he took a look at other inventory and popped up with a P85D w/ Insane mode. Fully optioned. 30k discount. The payment ended up being in the $600's. I think $670 exactly. I mean, for $40 more out of pocket each month I have a new warranty, Autopilot, faster car, next gen seats, the parking sensors I so desperately wish I had, a faster charging battery (I have an A pack) and a much faster car. That's a tough one to say no to.

The one suggestion I would make is to do the math on the miles. So far on all of the loan deals I've seen posted it's cheaper to go with the 10,000 miles and pay the .25 overage. For instance, on mine the difference between 10,000 and 12,000 miles is $1464 for the term of the lease but only $1000 if I were to pay the overage. That's basically free money.

The one suggestion I would make is to do the math on the miles. So far on all of the loan deals I've seen posted it's cheaper to go with the 10,000 miles and pay the .25 overage. For instance, on mine the difference between 10,000 and 12,000 miles is $1464 for the term of the lease but only $1000 if I were to pay the overage. That's basically free money.

Good point, my numbers were exactly the same as yours but I had almost overlooked it.

+1 on the thanks. I did not get a P90D. I knew from the outset of this post that if I could get a 90D cheaper I'd do that because the P90D is almost useless on LA roads. As the owner of an early build 2013 S85, it was Autopilot, parking sensors, next gen seats, a new warranty etc that really enticed me and the speed bump over my S85 was going to be nice as well but a 90D would have offered that speed bump too. Alas, the deal here is really in the discount and since there are hardly any 90D demos/ loaners there's not really any heavily discounted 90Ds.

I was ready to bite on the car that Jimmy posted and it ended up selling in between the time him and I hung up with each other and the sale advisor called me. So he took a look at other inventory and popped up with a P85D w/ Insane mode. Fully optioned. 30k discount. The payment ended up being in the $600's. I think $670 exactly. I mean, for $40 more out of pocket each month I have a new warranty, Autopilot, faster car, next gen seats, the parking sensors I so desperately wish I had, a faster charging battery (I have an A pack) and a much faster car. That's a tough one to say no to.

And honestly, you got an awesome car and a way cheaper payment than the one we were talking about initially.

Congrats!

Ive been inundated with messages asking me for help and what not. I'm not ignoring anyone and will love to help you. I helped 4 TMC members personally with ordering their cars, 3 of which were yesterday alone.

As of right now, there are no vehicles in inventory that would be considered a great lease. EV-CPO shows less than 90 cars. My OA is really hoping more cars will become available this coming week.

<insert shameless plug here>
Oh and if you need a spare mobile charging bundle, check the for sale section! I have two brand new sets available and as well as spare j1772 adapters
</end plug>

Ive been inundated with messages asking me for help and what not. I'm not ignoring anyone and will love to help you. I helped 4 TMC members personally with ordering their cars, 3 of which were yesterday alone.

As of right now, there are no vehicles in inventory that would be considered a great lease. EV-CPO shows less than 90 cars. My OA is really hoping more cars will become available this coming week.

<insert shameless plug here>
Oh and if you need a spare mobile charging bundle, check the for sale section! I have two brand new sets available and as well as spare j1772 adapters
</end plug>

Thanks for the info! I'd definitely like the contact info of your OA. I should have checked P85D inventory, because that would be sufficient if the rate was low enough!

I've noticed that they dont seem to have a large number of cpos/inventory cars in HI, but when they do the deals are even better. I think that's easily the best price we've seen on this thread so far?

Difficult to say. I don't think the deals are better than elsewhere. In general, the demos are priced about the same as everywhere else. This was a service loaner pre-refresh. I will say, I was dead-set on waiting for AP2 and I really wanted the refreshed nose, but then I realized my wife pretty much will never use AP because she likes to be in control of the car, then even if the AP hw comes out, I might be waiting 6-12 months for the v2 software, then the 2 year lease became available. It made me re-think the whole thing.

My wife ended up commenting that she really and I mean really likes the older console where her purse fits easily between the two seats (yacht floor I think) and that feature is more important to her than the refresh nose.

Then essentially, we would get a P90D rather than a 60D with roughly equivalent options and SAVE ~$450 a month? This meant she could go a week on one charge and I get to have P90D power on the weekends and we're only giving up the refresh and AP2 possibilities plus we get into the car sooner. The deal seemed phenomenal so we immediately pulled the trigger on it. Kind of a no-brainer low risk way to get into a Tesla and with the quick turn-over, hopefully a significantly improved and possibly autonomous AP system for the next Tesla.

Last edited:
A couple of weeks ago I snagged one of these great deals. The person at the store that took the order did a typo on my email address so I didn't actually have access to it in my My Tesla dashboard until a couple of days ago, so I haven't got all the lease stuff yet and don't know all the terms. But it was $36,500 off MSRP so it should be pretty good.

The only problem is that it is starting to get crowded in here...I only have a 2-car garage. I am going to have to clear something out before the new Model S arrives (the Roadster is already for sale):

Crowded In Here.jpg

Good point, my numbers were exactly the same as yours but I had almost overlooked it.

Thanks for the heads up on the miles. When I sign the paperwork I'll be sure to look at it.

No worries guys. I thought I was doing the math wrong at first but it's pretty easy to see that pre-paying for those miles is a bum deal.

And honestly, you got an awesome car and a way cheaper payment than the one we were talking about initially.

Congrats!

Agreed. It really worked out well. Thank you again.

Funny on the miles numbers...the numbers my OA gave me were far better towards buying 15k than paying the overage on a 10k limit (assuming I use them all, which I think I will). But it may well vary by car depending on starting miles, lease term, and at what mileage they change residual calculations...

An update re. insurance quotes as this was the last missing piece of "my" puzzle. We're with AAA in Norcal with all our insurance there (2 cars + home + umbrella policy). I am too lazy to cut and paste the different level of auto insurance we have but let's just say that based on our own situation, we have extremely solid coverage on all fronts. To replace a 2015 Macan S with a 2016 P90DL only increased our monthly auto bill by $23.91 cents.

I read everywhere that Teslas are expensive to insure and I realize each situation is different, but I thought I would pass this along. No affiliation with AAA.

Last edited:
Progressive quoted a rate (also in Norcal) that is essentially the same price I have been paying with my current insurer for a 2010 Audi Q5, for the same coverage. Definitely pays to shop around -- my quotes have varied dramatically (more than 100%).

Progressive quoted a rate (also in Norcal) that is essentially the same price I have been paying with my current insurer for a 2010 Audi Q5, for the same coverage. Definitely pays to shop around -- my quotes have varied dramatically (more than 100%).
I'm with Progressive as well and they had by far the cheapest rate on my P85D....hopefully soon to be P90D or P90DL

• Helpful
Reactions: EinSV