Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snagged a P90D Inventory car for $700/mnth on the new 24 month lease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm just putting people in contact with an OA I think deserves the business. The guy has been super helpful and glad everyone is finding something within their budget.

I agree. I talked to my local OA, and your guy gives pretty much immediate quote breakdowns, along with much better pricing all around. My monthly payment and my money down both dropped in price. He's a great guy

FYI, there is absolutely no reason to get the higher mileage rates with these deals. Paying the overage on miles is cheaper (by a lot actually) than the $0.25 a mile fee. The lease payment was $42 a month more for a 12,000 mile lease than a 10,000 mile lease (in my case), which would come to $1,008 more for the lease term for those extra 2000 miles. If instead I got the 10,000 lease and drove 2000 extra miles, that would only be $500 total overage fee. It's an odd thing with these in-inventory sales, but good to know for sure.

I am seeing roughly $60/month more for a 15k/36 month lease. That comes out to $2100 total for 15,000 additional miles = roughly $.13/mile vs $.25/mile. Maybe I'm figuring something wrong, or perhaps other people's lease terms are different for different models...

I am seeing roughly $60/month more for a 15k/36 month lease. That comes out to $2100 total for 15,000 additional miles = roughly $.13/mile vs $.25/mile. Maybe I'm figuring something wrong, or perhaps other people's lease terms are different for different models...
They're talking about the 24 month lease program. On the 36, most cases it's cheaper to buy them up front. 99% of the time on the 24 month, it isnt

They're talking about the 24 month lease program. On the 36, most cases it's cheaper to buy them up front. 99% of the time on the 24 month, it isnt

Ah...I'm looking at their terms for my 24 month lease option - $74/month difference between 10k and 15k = roughly $1800 total for 15k miles per year for 2 year lease, vs $2500 if paid at the end. Still better but not by much. I'm wondering if their numbers weren't correct on my lease, they have already corrected them once.

I've seen both ways on the 24 month lease. I got some quotes where it was cheaper to do 10K miles and pay the overage and others where it was cheaper to purchase 15K miles upfront on the 24 month lease (assuming you plan to drive 15K miles/year). On all the deals I looked at it was always cheaper to pay the 10K and .25/mile overage than paying the 12K miles/year upfront.

how does the math even make sense?? If you're buying, the payments for a $100k car would be close to $1800 a month on a 60 month loan

I wouldn't be putting $5k down, I would be putting more like $20-30k down on the car to lower the payments. I understand not everyone can do this, I mean there are people paying $116k in cash to Tesla, I can't do that but wish I could. I would also consider a 72 month loan and just pay it off early. Personally for me $900 for a lease doesn't make a ton of sense. I would rather purchase and then flip it back out if I want to go into something better. I really thing the only hardware update, beside battery, is going to be AP2.0.

Like @SD_Engnr said the $600-700 is prime lease spot for them and I feel the same. I did consider $800. To those getting a $900+ lease, it's not a bad deal if leasing works for you and you like to be in the newest car.

All the local deals seem to be gone on the P90DL. I wonder if they'll add more today.

It looks like they pulled back quite a few inventory cars from being available. My guess was they wanted to make everything and anything they had on the ground available as a last minute push and now scaled back. With 7 days left to month end, my OA says any car sold today and on may not make the month end cut as the service centers are so backed up with orders for EOQ, they're working OT.

• Informative
Reactions: SD_Engnr
It looks like they pulled back quite a few inventory cars from being available. My guess was they wanted to make everything and anything they had on the ground available as a last minute push and now scaled back. With 7 days left to month end, my OA says any car sold today and on may not make the month end cut as the service centers are so backed up with orders for EOQ, they're working OT.

I noticed that, the list was close to 500 yesterday now down to ~100 my OA here said it was limited to cars in your state and that even then they really needed to push. Issue is now people know there are these deals. Many people are not going to jump into a $130k P90D when the P100D is there I don't think. Especially if they know last week that car was for sale for $110k. I am sure it hurt the sale of the $96k P85D listed ha. When a used car with 14k miles is about a $10k difference from a loaded new car after the incentive, makes it a tough sell. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the cars we have seen end up in the loaner fleet then pop again enxt quarter.

Reactions: davidc18

I'm getting a little nervous. I put a deposit down in August on an inventory car. It hasn't moved from its original location. Was supposed to be here this week. Now next..."by Friday for sure" I'm told. I'm sort of skeptical that Tesla has bitten off more than they can chew, and at the price I paid, there is very little incentive to make sure they get the car to me in time...

I'm getting a little nervous. I put a deposit down in August on an inventory car. It hasn't moved from its original location. Was supposed to be here this week. Now next..."by Friday for sure" I'm told. I'm sort of skeptical that Tesla has bitten off more than they can chew, and at the price I paid, there is very little incentive to make sure they get the car to me in time...

I wouldn't worry. While the car almost certainly won't show up in time for it to affect Q3 numbers it's not as if Tesla is just going to back out of deal now that they don't have anything to gain this quarter. You put down a deposit and they're updating you. I'd be concerned about their communication (my lease process was a nightmare) but not whether or not I was going to get the car.

I wouldn't worry. While the car almost certainly won't show up in time for it to affect Q3 numbers it's not as if Tesla is just going to back out of deal now that they don't have anything to gain this quarter. You put down a deposit and they're updating you. I'd be concerned about their communication (my lease process was a nightmare) but not whether or not I was going to get the car.

I am leasing as well - what was your nightmare?