Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snagged a P90D Inventory car for $700/mnth on the new 24 month lease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2 key fobs, UMC cable + NEMA 14-50 and 5-15 standard adapters, J1772 charger adapter, tow hook, and owners manual.

I'm doing the same thing. I turned in my P90D lease and I've ordered a P3D.

Wait there was a manual? I don't think I ever got one. What does it look like?

My AutoVIN guy just got done with my inspection - fwiw, he said his is "it," as in there's not another inspection by US Bank or anyone else. My tires somehow need to be replaced after only 15k mi though. He said that I can put any off-brand tire on there as long as it meets the same specs as the OEM tires - can anyone confirm? I'd hate to take my car to Walmart, but if it'll save me a bundle...

Wait there was a manual? .... but if it'll save me a bundle...

Sorry, I had a "quick start guide" or something. Not a manual. I should have been more clear. I just included since it was there. I figure US Bank can't charge me for having something EXTRA, although I wouldn't put it past them.

I think the autovin guy is correct. The wear guide says things like Matching, have to be same as original (all season, summer etc - I don't think you can turn it in with winters? - but I could be wrong), load/speed rating etc.

If you have a used tire place in your town you could try them. I know at one point my tire guy said I could replace all 4 for $600 installed / balanced / tax etc. I didn't need to but it beats putting $1000 of michelins on a car right before turn in.

Reactions: sbtz
Sorry, I had a "quick start guide" or something. Not a manual. I should have been more clear. I just included since it was there. I figure US Bank can't charge me for having something EXTRA, although I wouldn't put it past them.

I think the autovin guy is correct. The wear guide says things like Matching, have to be same as original (all season, summer etc - I don't think you can turn it in with winters? - but I could be wrong), load/speed rating etc.

If you have a used tire place in your town you could try them. I know at one point my tire guy said I could replace all 4 for $600 installed / balanced / tax etc. I didn't need to but it beats putting $1000 of michelins on a car right before turn in.

I ended up putting the right tires on mine, just in case I ended up buying back the car....

Thanks - it's sad to see all of these familiar usernames in this thread turning in our P90Ds... I'm excited to see that some of you went with P3Ds though. In the end, I had a hard time justifying the extra cost when it still wouldn't even sniff the P90Ds 0-60, so I went with plain AWD. I'm regretting it now though. (well, I haven't taken delivery yet, but I'm already regretting not getting white interior and P)

Thanks - it's sad to see all of these familiar usernames in this thread turning in our P90Ds... I'm excited to see that some of you went with P3Ds though. In the end, I had a hard time justifying the extra cost when it still wouldn't even sniff the P90Ds 0-60, so I went with plain AWD. I'm regretting it now though. (well, I haven't taken delivery yet, but I'm already regretting not getting white interior and P)
I'm slightly regretting not getting red, but I ordered the same day they increased the price for red to $2500, so I went with black.

Honestly it seems like red can be a crapshoot these days. I saw red p100d at my detailer, driven straight from delivery and the paint was awful - nibs, chips, fish eyes etc.

If I were doing it all over again, I might do plain black and put the money into a vinyl wrap. Or do the bright silver and get stealth.

Does anyone know the actual spec the tires need to meet? I have Michelin 245/45/R19 102 Y on there now -- I ordered some off-brand Nankang tires that meet that spec exactly, but the tire guy just called to say that they're truly awful tires and he can get me
Goodyear Eagle RSA2 245/45/R19 98 V Standard Load tires for the same price. Now that's obviously a lower load and speed rating, but he says it should meet OEM specs.

well i turned in the P90DL today, exactly 2 years from the day we picked it up. we are so sad to see it go :(

the person who helped me at the Delivery Center commented on how well kept it was and joked that maybe he would buy it himself when it gets CPO'd. if someone on this forum ends up with it, you are lucky and just know that it was loved and cared for!

the DC was busy but not too crazy. they had a lot of employees working today and a ton of Model 3's were being delivered. kudos to the San Diego DC for running a tight ship! i believe they had 162 deliveries scheduled today alone at this location:eek: anyway, they checked me in quickly and prepared the odometer statement and printed it out for my signature. i was done in about 10 minutes.

onto the next chapter with a Model X... i have a feeling though that we will be back to the redesigned Model S in 2 years! ;)

full

@wamochi Congratulations on the new Model X. I am still undecided on whether I should buy my 2016 at lease end. My alternative is to my a Model 3.

Does anyone buy their leased vehicles? :oops:

I'm not going to buy my lease at the buyout price, but I have been watching for it to show up in the used vehicle inventory. I might buy it when it gets relisted.

You can look for your car to be relisted by periodically checking the URL:

New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla

• Informative
Reactions: Ormond
How long does it take for the car to fall out of your tesla account after you turn in?
funny you mention that! i got a tesla app notification that the battery was very low. so i checked the app and it's at 5% and unplugged. looks like they've moved it to another lot/location. i called the delivery center and let them know and they said thank you and sorry that the car is still on my account. i told them it's no problem but i was just worried it was going to get bricked somewhere!

full

So a heads up. I called US Bank this morning to ask them if Tesla indicated to them that the car has been returned. Nope.

US Bank says Tesla either has to "ground" the vehicle in their computer system or buy it from US Bank - neither of these have occurred.

Fortunately I'm use to Tesla at this point, so 1) I didn't cancel my insurance, 2) I'm following up on things I shouldn't have to.

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
Fortunately I'm use to Tesla at this point, so 1) I didn't cancel my insurance, 2) I'm following up on things I shouldn't have to.

that's painful to keep paying for insurance. when i talked to the DC to set up my return appt, he said the odo statement is my proof of return and release of liability. thankfully i took a picture of the statement before i left even though the guy insisted i'd get a copy in "about 20 minutes". guess what - it's been 5 days and i don't have an executed copy.

anyway, i cancelled my insurance sunday night. my insurance doesn't do retroactive cancellations so it was effective 10/1.

@wamochi If it were my car, I'd call welfare protective services. Are you going to get visitation? I'd definitely adopt that red beauty!
i know :(, i miss our red rocket. and it saddens me to think that it's about to be bricked and no one cares. the woman at the DC said oh we just drive our truck up next to it and charge it up, no big deal o_O. makes me sad. 2 years of love and care (and i've never supercharged), reduced to sitting there bricked.

that's painful to keep paying for insurance. when i talked to the DC to set up my return appt, he said the odo statement is my proof of return and release of liability. thankfully i took a picture of the statement before i left even though the guy insisted i'd get a copy in "about 20 minutes". guess what - it's been 5 days and i don't have an executed copy.

anyway, i cancelled my insurance sunday night. my insurance doesn't do retroactive cancellations so it was effective 10/1.

Yeah I have a copy of the odo statement. Us Bank said that wasn't sufficient but who knows. With Tesla the only thing you can be sure of is that no one knows what they're doing.

Knock on wood, my lease return seems to be going smoothly. Dropped it off and walked away with the odometer statement. I dropped insurance on it right away. I just checked with US bank, it seems they already sent out the final bill, just minor wear and tear amounting to ~$100 for curb rash and over mileage charges.

Hopefully all of your returns go smoothly!

Reactions: Ormond