Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snagged a P90D Inventory car for $700/mnth on the new 24 month lease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just put a deposit down on a classic P90DL leasing out at ~650/mo + 6k cap cost reduction (24 months). They wouldn't let me reduce the money down to roll in to the lease. Between the tax and fees it will basically run me $1k/mo all-in. Financially not a stretch at all, but certainly not the most prudent thing to do with $24k. Didn't want to pass up the opportunity to drive such a car for a couple years - may not have it again. Now the issue is, what the F(*& do I do 2 years from now, when I have to give it back? Model 3 reservation I guess?

Question for those that have been following the inventory cars for a while.

Is the $30k off thing common or is this a strange situation? The pre-facelift cars are slimming down, will we get the same thing in the facelift cars in 4 months?

Just put a deposit down on a classic P90DL leasing out at ~650/mo + 6k cap cost reduction (24 months). They wouldn't let me reduce the money down to roll in to the lease. Between the tax and fees it will basically run me $1k/mo all-in. Financially not a stretch at all, but certainly not the most prudent thing to do with $24k. Didn't want to pass up the opportunity to drive such a car for a couple years - may not have it again. Now the issue is, what the F(*& do I do 2 years from now, when I have to give it back? Model 3 reservation I guess?

How are the taxes and fees $350/month? That seems really odd?

Also, you didn't buy the Chicago one ending in 230, did you? ;)

That's an awesome deal, congrats! But yes let us know what VIN you got! :)

How are the taxes and fees $350/month? That seems really odd?

Also, you didn't buy the Chicago one ending in 230, did you? ;)

Well, I just meant $650 + the $6k cap cost reduction over 24 months is really +$250/mo for a total of $900/mo. The other $100/mo is $2400 in taxes, acquisition, etc.

No it wasn't in chicago. New Jersey I think. My OA emailed me a quote, I was not able to find the car itself on either tesla.com inventory, or the hidden car portion of ev-cpo.com. He said there was one that was cheaper ($630/mo) but I preferred the Midnight Silver over the MC Red.

Oh nice!
Well, I just meant $650 + the $6k cap cost reduction over 24 months is really +$250/mo for a total of $900/mo. The other $100/mo is $2400 in taxes, acquisition, etc.

No it wasn't in chicago. New Jersey I think. My OA emailed me a quote, I was not able to find the car itself on either tesla.com inventory, or the hidden car portion of ev-cpo.com. He said there was one that was cheaper ($630/mo) but I preferred the Midnight Silver over the MC Red.
Congrats!! Did you do the referral credit for an additional $1k off?

What was the residual and money factor for that 24mo lease?

That's a great price! The best I can find is around $760 or so. A bit hesistant, and doubt the wife will like the idea of a lease, but am in the same boat with wanting to experience this type of car for 2 years. I'm also wondering what will happen at the end of the 2 years, but I do have a pair of Model 3 reservations to fall back on. That, or the P100D might be hitting the CPO list once the P1XXD hits the market.

That's a great price! The best I can find is around $760 or so. A bit hesistant, and doubt the wife will like the idea of a lease, but am in the same boat with wanting to experience this type of car for 2 years. I'm also wondering what will happen at the end of the 2 years, but I do have a pair of Model 3 reservations to fall back on. That, or the P100D might be hitting the CPO list once the P1XXD hits the market.

Yeah, I would just say it's worth talking to a person at a Tesla store. They have access to cars we can't see. My money factor says .0018. He said he factored in the referral credit. It's expensive no matter how you cut it after all the taxes, fees, registration etc, but I guess I would pay that on any car. I usually buy my cars, but leased this one due to the price, and I feel like we are on the steep part of the innovation curve regarding electric / autonomous cars, and I didn't want to worry about the residual value - now it's US Bank's problem. I feel like this is an expensive version of smartphone evolution a few years back.

Yeah, I would just say it's worth talking to a person at a Tesla store. They have access to cars we can't see. My money factor says .0018. He said he factored in the referral credit. It's expensive no matter how you cut it after all the taxes, fees, registration etc, but I guess I would pay that on any car. I usually buy my cars, but leased this one due to the price, and I feel like we are on the steep part of the innovation curve regarding electric / autonomous cars, and I didn't want to worry about the residual value - now it's US Bank's problem. I feel like this is an expensive version of smartphone evolution a few years back.

I agree with you. Sound thinking and decent deal for a beast of a car. I would have done that if I had the cash.

Yep, if AP3 is out in 2 years, who is going to buy an non-upgradable older version at a premium price?

Does anyone know how Tesla came up with such number? I see the money factor, what residual value is being used here? Does a 2015 just have a high inflated residual value based on its original MSRP before discounts?

When you check on their lease page it shows a p90d ($109k) for $1516+tax, 24 months.
I can describe the arithmetic ... approximately

4% interest on 100k * 2 years = $,8000
Residual 65%, so 130*0.35 = $46,500
Discount = ($30,000)

Add them up and you get ~ $24,000 for two years.