Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snagged a P90D Inventory car for $700/mnth on the new 24 month lease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had one lined up yesterday for $8900 down and $800 a month with a $142,000 sticker. I was going to give her my card to hold it but I had to get to my son's school because it was his birthday and birthday boys need donuts. No phone signal in the Hollywood Hills. So I texted her when I got back and the car was gone. Cheapest at that point was $881 but that's a no go for me. It's a crime of opportunity and not a need. If she comes back at $800 I'm ready this time.

Had one lined up yesterday for $8900 down and $800 a month with a $142,000 sticker. I was going to give her my card to hold it but I had to get to my son's school because it was his birthday and birthday boys need donuts. No phone signal in the Hollywood Hills. So I texted her when I got back and the car was gone. Cheapest at that point was $881 but that's a no go for me. It's a crime of opportunity and not a need. If she comes back at $800 I'm ready this time.

Have you inquired about this one? Model S P90D 5YJSA1E4XGF129740 | Tesla

Reactions: DIL
Is that quote with taxes? My down for a lease is $13,500 for a 90k car. Does GA just suck that bad or am I missing something. To buy its $2500 down and you get $7500 cash at taxes

Is that quote with taxes? My down for a lease is $13,500 for a 90k car. Does GA just suck that bad or am I missing something. To buy its $2500 down and you get $7500 cash at taxes

Yes, GA sucks that bad, we have to pay the entire tax of the car despite driving just 24 months, but this is still an incredible deal. You can actually tell them to adjust the down payment to $0 (base on credit worthiness), and just pay the tax, fees, and 1st payment up front (around $9k)

Got lucky and snagged a P90DL this morning with a 20pct discount. Here in CO you can't register a car a new with more than 1500 miles, so it's not quite as good a deal as some of the others, but the lease payment was almost exactly the same as the 60D I was going to order. No brainer!

It didn't have one of the packages I wanted (premium) and a nice to have (cold weather), but I'll live.

Reactions: EinSV
If anyone is having issues locating a car or working with their OA in So Cal, feel free to message me for my OA's contact info. He's very responsive.

There are several deals still to be had from what I saw last night. There are about 10 P90DL's locally that are in the $800's range that are not on the public Tesla side.

Reactions: SD_Engnr
If anyone is having issues locating a car or working with their OA in So Cal, feel free to message me for my OA's contact info. He's very responsive.

There are several deals still to be had from what I saw last night. There are about 10 P90DL's locally that are in the $800's range that are not on the public Tesla side.

Absolutely correct re. the "shadow" inventory.

Btw, you should have/should put your referral code here somewhere. With all the cars that were purchased thanks to your "tip", I think you would have a clear shot at the loaded X.

I gave my referral to the guy running ev-cpo.com btw since I had been using his site for over a year...It just felt like the (other) right thing to do.

Thanks again, I picked up a fully loaded P90DL for $45 more per month that the bare bone 60 I was about to order, all else being equal.

Reactions: SageBrush
Absolutely correct re. the "shadow" inventory.

Btw, you should have/should put your referral code here somewhere. With all the cars that were purchased thanks to your "tip", I think you would have a clear shot at the loaded X.

I gave my referral to the guy running ev-cpo.com btw since I had been using his site for over a year...It just felt like the (other) right thing to do.

Thanks again, I picked up a fully loaded P90DL for $45 more per month that the bare bone 60 I was about to order, all else being equal.
More details about deal please for sake of comparison

Thanks

More details about deal please for sake of comparison

Thanks

MSRP was $140,500 before tax incentives
Discounts : $33,800 ($32,800+ $1,000 referral)
2 year/12k mi per year for $807 incl. taxes
$6,000k "down".
Car has all options minus kids seats and cold weather package.

I just re-ran my build for the 60 (black 60, only option is the premium upgrade package) and actually had my math wrong (!) as I had misallocated the mandatory $2,500 deposit on custom orders. All else equal that 60 would have been $880/month including taxes.

The P90DL is red and that wasn't my first choice, but the deal was too good and this was a local car so no shipping costs. Now I will just need to be even more careful with that CHP magnet, but I thought it was worth a shot. I will keep you all posted :)

Last edited:
Reactions: K Hall
And here she is. The long awaited lease special of the century.... At least to me.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    521 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    343.5 KB · Views: 71