Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snapped some pics of the refreshed MS today. Front plate bracket standard?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anyoje still cares, here are some pictures I took at the local SC as I was dropping my car off. Sadly, the SC said all the cars they have gotten from the factory already had that God awful front plate bracket installed. Also, I apologize in advance if these pictures come out huge. I'm having issues resizing on my mobile.

Nj2IloY.jpg

Here's the new headlights close up...

vuimhdW.jpg

And finally the new center console. No rear cup holders, but there is an expandable "baffled" area in the console area thay I'm told is adjustable for any size cup. You can see that here:

JZOSkwS.jpg

EHnCOd3.jpg

I'm sure his camera flash made them much more white than they are. I'm sure those are just the grey seats.

There had been ton of posts regarding the front plate bracket in couple other threads. Consensus was (although not 100% confirmed) that all cars from the factory were having the brackets installed, but it is removable and should not leave holes in the front. The mounting hardware are in part of the bracket that wraps under the lip.

I was just curios, they looked a bit more white than normal, I do like the white seats of the X.
unfortunately for us in SA the front number plate is a must have, so doesn't really matter to me if it came with the brackets or not.

No he was right, the color is the same as previous Model S seats. They just look extra white because of the exposure setting on the camera.

All units will be shipped with the front license plate mount. However , it can easily be removed simply by unscrewing 2 screws.
Leaving two holes in the front of the bumper, or no? It looks kind of like the plate mount extends below the plate itself but is painted body color so it blends in. Perhaps the screws are on the underside of the front bumper so if you remove the mount it will not affect the painted bumper?

My local store had a social event this morning and I asked about the front license plate. Confirmed that here in MN, all vehicles will have a front license plate frame installed, but they are attached underneath the bumper and once removed, leave no visible holes (the back of the body color part has a thick rubber gasket to protect the bumper).

My local store had a social event this morning and I asked about the front license plate. Confirmed that here in MN, all vehicles will have a front license plate frame installed, but they are attached underneath the bumper and once removed, leave no visible holes (the back of the body color part has a thick rubber gasket to protect the bumper).
I was told the same at our local event

Saw a refreshed Model S (Plus a Model X) at the San Diego showroom yesterday.

The front plate holder was fantastic looking. Quality chrome surround with a body color painted lower support.

Feel that this new bumper looks much better than the nose cone model with a front plate. The plate actually breaks up that huge front expanse of plastic bumper and looks better than I would have imagined. Huge improvement here for those needing to sport a front plate.

Looks like a torx plus, but could be a pentalobe, but those are usually female, these are male. That will be a pain if it really is a pentalobe. Can't tell if there is 5 or 6 points.

Nothing a vice grips can't remove! :p
pentalobe.jpg

Looks like a 5 point Torx Plus (Tamper-Resistant), about 3/8 inch. Now sure if vice grips will be able to take this off. These are going to be a real pain to take off.

I have been unable to find the female socket for this. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    249.5 KB · Views: 161