Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snapped some pics of the refreshed MS today. Front plate bracket standard?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone tried this? Not sure this would work either. The screw on the Tesla has 5 lobes, this tool set looks like its for a 6 lobe screw.

No it won't work. I've been trying to post to the various forums. Someone said an 11/32" socket will kind of grip enough to remove.

I'm getting samples of the screws and will release a 3D metal printed socket for those who are interested. I will measure and CAD design a 3D model and offer free to anyone or I'll also probably post it on Shapeways.com for anyone just wanting to get one.

Best guess is that it's a custom 5 point Torx Plus bolt head for security applications.

No it won't work. I've been trying to post to the various forums. Someone said an 11/32" socket will kind of grip enough to remove.

I'm getting samples of the screws and will release a 3D metal printed socket for those who are interested. I will measure and CAD design a 3D model and offer free to anyone or I'll also probably post it on Shapeways.com for anyone just wanting to get one.

Best guess is that it's a custom 5 point Torx Plus bolt head for security applications.

Please let us know when you have this! I'd be happy to pay for it!

I saw a Titanium Metallic yesterday at Universal Studios yesterday with the front license plate frame still attached of course. I'm not sure of the interior color, focusing too much on the nose cone section, but I did notice it had 21" Grey Turbine rims. It was in the preferred parking section level 5B or C, near the escalators, and it was backed in the parking space. If that is someone's car on this forum...sexy. I am falling in love with the MS all over again. I'm not sure how others feel about the refresh, but I really like it.

Has anyone confirmed if any of the links previously posted work to remove the two bottom screws? I took delivery last night and bought an 11/32 socket this morning, but to no avail. Pretty frustrating that we're all on this wild-goose chase for the right tool... That said, the car is awesome.

Thanks in advance.