Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sneak peek of my Tesla garage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forums. Been reading and lurking for a long time.

I'm working on a Tesla themed garage and thought I'd share a quick picture. I've got a lot of drywall and floor work left to do. The ceiling was popcorn and in Florida's humidity, it tends to fall off when a wet car is parked in the garage. I removed it all and am now re-taping and mudding the joints. Floor use to be epoxy but it's worn pretty bad. Evaluating options.

Later,

Mike

20170807_215111.jpg

Update. re-taped the drywall joints on most of the garage. Painted the areas that are getting the new lights installed. Still need to do some finish sanding on the joints before painting the whole ceiling. New 5000K light fixtures installed. Still a bunch to do but making progress. The floor really needs some attention. The blue painters tape on the floor is to give us a mark to park against so we are back far enough from the door.

Btw, my car has a full wrap of Suntek if anyone is interested in what it looks like. You really can't tell it's there.
DS7_8784.JPG
DS7_8779.JPG

Looks very nice- Have you considered RaceDeck for the floor? I'm not sure how it will work out in FL, but I have it in Edmonds WA and I love the look, Plus it installed in about 3 hours. RaceDeck gives discounts to GarageJournal.com forum members too. I believe the owner of RaceDeck owns a Model S.

Looks very nice- Have you considered RaceDeck for the floor? I'm not sure how it will work out in FL, but I have it in Edmonds WA and I love the look, Plus it installed in about 3 hours. RaceDeck gives discounts to GarageJournal.com forum members too. I believe the owner of RaceDeck owns a Model S.

In those pictures the rear tires of the car are actually sitting on two Swisstrax Vinyltrax tiles. They're basically the same as RaceDeck but with different looks available (wood, carbon fiber, etc..). I ordered some tiles to see how they wear. I'm also a GarageJournal member. :)

Reactions: DIL