Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
See (or rather "read" my earlier reply to you). I stated I had a similar concern as @WilliamG and DM'd Jamie a similar question a few months back - long before these posts. Please take your BS elsewhere. Do you even own Signature wheels? Rhetorical.
Gatekeeping at its finest. You are proving everything about your pessimism. Only those that own these wheels are allowed to ask a question, eh?

I'm done. I don't need to engage with you anymore. You name call and act like having a high post count somehow makes you better than others, even though it simply signals you make more useless posts than others. Have a good one and please leave me alone, keyboard warrior.

• Disagree
Reactions: jebinc
Gatekeeping at it's finest. You are proving everything about your pessimism. Only those that own these wheels are allowed to ask a question, eh?

I'm done. I don't need to engage with you anymore. You name call and act like having a high post count somehow makes you better than others, even though it simply signals you make more useless posts than others. Have a good one and please leave me alone, keyboard warrior.
Do us both a favor and use the "Ignore" feature of TMC; that is if you have enough posts to allow such thing. And for posterity, you brought these replies upon yourself by making such an, "elementary school bully-like" accusation and comments. You reap the seed you sow; congrats and take care!

P.S. Thanks for confirming you do not even own Signature Wheels, as @WilliamG and I have.

Do us both a favor and use the "Ignore" feature of TMC; that is if you have enough posts to allow such thing. And for posterity, you brought these replies upon yourself be making such an, "elementary school bully-like" accusation and comments. You reap the seed you sow; congrats and take care!

P.S. Thanks for confirming you do not even own Signature Wheels, as @WilliamG and I have.
I do have Signature Wheels, but my point stands. You are a keyboard warrior that clearly likes to gatekeep as if post count makes you smart. Good luck and yes, ignore is great.

• Disagree
Reactions: jebinc
I do have Signature Wheels, but my point stands. You are a keyboard warrior that clearly likes to gatekeep as if post count makes you smart. Good luck and yes, ignore is great.
"Catch a clue' - the mods are removing your posts (and my replies because they quote yours) for good reason. Ignore is great - You'll love it when you are able to use it.

Joining TMC, with your first or second post being accusatory to other long-standing TMC members (and name calling, i.e., "keyboard warrior," "gatekeeper") says a lot (about you and your motives; hypocrisy notwithstanding) - A great way to introduce yourself to the TMC community. :rolleyes:

Edit: Congrats on getting your post count high enough to enable the downvoting feature of TMC. 🤣 Just adds to my point above.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: dn325ci and Phantm
i've got plenty, thanks.

congrats on being the one singular person on the planet who has never encountered a cell dead zone in your entire life. your parents should be proud.

i'll play along, though. go on a road trip in the northern rockies and tell me how well spotify works for you.
Dumb dumb.
Instead of me saying "I live in a rural area. I don't remember not being able to get Spotify.", I should I have stated "I have no areas where I live that I can't get Spotify". I didn't realize your comprehension skills were below a grade school level.
I'm not sure how else I can state that Spotify works for me and I have no issue with receiving a reception for this service.

It's people like this that impact all Tesla owners. Because people couldn't just do as they were asked to, watch the car, Tesla had to add features to verify. And then when they found ways to overcome it, Tesla had to add more mechanism to assure that you are paying attention to the road.

And when idiots are on their phone doing things and have a crash, Tesla gets blamed.
Only idiots pay 12,000 for a POS software to be called FSD and pay 100% attention to the road! Thanks for identifying yourself and confirming it!

Sure, almost every person considers themselves to be a credible source. But that does not make them a credible source for others. If it did then everyone would be a credible source, which is ridiculous. The technical term for this sort of argument is "grasping at straws".

Sure, there are plenty of non-credible Tesla haters here on TMC. Yet the vast majority of reports here about v12 (that I've seen) have been extremely positive. I am certainly not going to do your cherry picking for you. But I thank you for providing two examples of unpersuasive arguments.

Since the concept of credible source may not be clear, I will provide some examples.

Micheal Dell, CEO of Dell Computers:

Super impressive, Tesla FSD v12.3 is. Like a human driver, it is.

Chris from Dirty Tesla has been meticulously documenting FSD performance for years.

FSD V12 has been amazing so far. It has fixed *every* repeatable problem I've had, including lane drift, lack of smoothness, construction driving, and behavior on unmarked/dirt roads. But there are a few new consistent problems I'm seeing. [...] things are getting awesome.

Kyle Conner from Out of Spec has been reviewing EVs for many years. His videos convinced me I needed a Tesla in my life. He has been a long-time FSD skeptic.

I’ve been driving FSD V12 all evening and I’m finally starting to see the light. This is so good, not perfect, but definitely feels like Tesla may be onto something with this new software stack
👍

Kyle is Finally Enthusiastic about Tesla FSD But Autopilot Enthusiast is not Impressed w/ v12

Here is a 4 month old video of Chris from Dirty Tesla documenting the changes in FSD over the years.

Tesla FSD Reviewed -- The Past Present and v12 Future

There are many, many others. All or almost all of the credible sources that I've been following for years say v12 is vastly better. I'm not claiming there are no haters. I'm not claiming v12 is vastly better for everyone. But the idea that v12 is the worst version of FSD is laughably wrong.

Your two unpersuasive arguments trying to say otherwise merely lower your own credibility. Thank you for that update. You may have some valid points but when you make silly arguments to back up a point that is laughably false then people are less likely to take you seriously and are more likely to miss any valid points you do have.

I am reminded of the first rule of holes:

If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.
This has to be bait. You're literally trying to say "don't trust your lying eyes"

Someone has an issue: hey this sucks
You: "ackchulay it's you who is wrong and here is a wall of text as to why it's not an issue. If it is an issue it's getting better so don't criticize!

Sure hope Tesla is paying you for how much you simp for them. Imagine doing it for free.

• Disagree
Reactions: Kevy Baby
No, @ewoodrick pretty well summarized your post the way you wrote it. You're trying to make some sort of sense out of selling a vehicle at the worst part of the depreciation curve (ANY car: not just a Tesla) to the already depreciated of a USED car (one which has a very questionable reliability history). Makes zero sense.

And if you sold your S, do you still have a Tesla at all? If not, why do you bother to come here - just so you can spout off your righteous indignation? How's that working out for you? Does it make you feel better?

Wrong. He completely missed that I sold a car depreciating like a rock while it still had some value, and bought a much nicer car in every way that is at the part of the curve where it is not depreciating like a rock. In other words, I came out way ahead. Do better.

Yeah, I have owned 3 Teslas, so I have a right to be here, thank you very much. Besides, who do you think you are?? Does it make you feel better to only hear opinions that are the same as yours? Is that what you need to get though the day, an echo chamber??

Yeah, I have owned 3 Teslas, so I have a right to be here, thank you very much. Besides, who do you think you are?? Does it make you feel better to only hear opinions that are the same as yours? Is that what you need to get though the day, an echo chamber??
Got it: you're butt hurt and want everyone to know about it. You are correct: you have every right to keep showing everyone here what kind of person you are!

I don't hate anyone. I am here to learn about my car and exchange ideas with like minded people. I am okay if others disagree with me and I them. I get annoyed when someone's sole purpose for being here is simply to bash and provides zero positive or insightful input.

I have been participating in message boards for many years and know a troll when I see one. I am watching the classic actions of a troll.

I don't hate anyone. I am here to learn about my car and exchange ideas with like minded people. I am okay if others disagree with me and I them. I get annoyed when someone's sole purpose for being here is simply to bash and provides zero positive or insightful input.

I have been participating in message boards for many years and know a troll when I see one. I am watching the classic actions of a troll.

No you don't. You don't know squat. If you had looked at my post history before falsely accusing me of being a troll, you will see that I have helped so many people with my posts over the years, and continue to help them to this day, and I have learned so much about Tesla and EV ownership that I have shared, the good and the bad.

What I posted above may be very helpful to someone on the fence that is in the same position I was in, and trying to decide how to cut their losses in the current market while upgrading their car experience.

And letting potential buyers know that there is another side to the dream being sold by Tesla and EV fanboys will let them make more informed buying decisions.

So stop pretending you are open to opinions that don't match exactly what you want to hear, because that's a lie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.