Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. You become a mindless shill when a widely shared criticism is written off as “TSLAQ”.

People can disagree with me all they want. But that doesn’t make my opinion any less valid.

@lbowroom is a Tesla shill and likes to stalk my posts.
Every expression of your disdain for features I think are great will trigger me to express my opinion as a counterpoint to yours. My opinions are my own and honest. Insisting that I’m anything but an avid fan of the car I own is childish. Continuing to downvote my opinions is also childish. I don’t love everything about Elon and Tesla which is evident if you read…

• Disagree
Reactions: CyberGus and glide
There really isn't any need for them to warn users as there should never be anything to warn about. Look at some of the profoundly radical UI revolutions we have seen in recent decades:
  • DOS -> Windows 3.1
  • Macintosh -> Mac
  • Windows 3.1 -> 95
  • Windows 95 -> 7
  • (nothing) -> iPhone
Did anyone warn us about those drastic UI reinventions? No.
Because the designers at Apple, Microsoft, etc. actually had PC's and Macs and stuff with which to test their new creations so they were able to make drastic changes that were quickly embraced as drastic improvements which were so intuitive that only a minimal learning curve was ever needed.
But at Tesla not a single member of the UX team actually owns a Tesla (I assume). They take the BART to work and zip around on hoverboards and have absolutely no idea what kind of device their code will end up running on.

Tesla would be wise to provide some loaner cars to their UX interns so that they can get a better idea of what cars are and how they might be used.
This post should be deleted as it makes zero sense.

1) way to assume people who work at Tesla are using hoverboards and don't own the car. Very silly assumption.

2) comparing to a computer upgrade. Cars and computers are very different. First cost! Second the use. Smartzpnz (great name btw) nailed it.

3) as someone who did the dos to windows 3.1 upgrade --- I knew what I was getting and I had an option to go back! Even if it meant 50 floppy disc. Every single example of yours has a way to go back! So you failed in your analogy. It's TRASH please try again.

Not only a class action on FSD, but their software and software development practices in general. I’ve been in complex software development for over 40 years and I’ve never seen such poor mission critical software as Tesla. Don’t get me wrong, I really love my new Model S, but Tesla should be ashamed of their software quality.
In other words you like the car sufficiently enough to buy one when you could easily have bought any other including other EVs. Hate the software so much that you just had to tell us about your 40 years experience in the field. Honestly I can't quite get your message and I'm definitely not dumb.

I actually don’t think it really matters what Tesla is working towards. I think it should be treated like a prototype AV because it is indistinguishable from a prototype AV and has the same potential safety issues. For all I know it could be less safe when used by people who perceive it as a driver assist.
Nonsense. You want to disregard all actual proof and just go with some weird speculation ... just because. You are the ultimate concern troll.

• Disagree
Reactions: Terminator857
I'll line up, cash in hand, for EVERY SINGLE 2014 P85D that needs a new HV battery pack that I can buy for $100 because the current owner can't see any value in it and wants to go buy a brand new Plaid for $130k. If anyone thinks fixing their Model S is "stupid" and wants to get out from under, just let me know.
You’re one of those people I was talking about and it hurt your feelings. Got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.