Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue as not about coronavirus, the issue is about the attitude/worldview of the men in question

It has everything to do with coronavirus. You said:

Interesting contrast between Elon Musk & Bill Gates prior & during this pandemic
The former denies the science, the latter forewarned with science

Which is pure bullshit. Only people with a very particular view of coronavirus politics would believe that statement. Elon has mostly talked about Coronavirus policy response. Which is only tangentially related to "science". I'm not trying to change your mind (futile, I know), just trying to not let a bullshit statement stand unchallenged like that.

The Model 3 has become our family's main road trip car. A Model 3 LR's supercharging interval matches pretty well with the kiddie potty break interval. And the nice thing about supercharging (or any fast charging) versus filling gas is you can leave the car unattended, so in practice a 40 minute charging plus food stop doesn't add any more time than a 5 minute gas stop plus 35 minute food stop.
2 adults plus multiple kids in something as small and noisy as M3? Yeah, I’d want out often too. Not having SC would be better. A couple more stops!

• Disagree
Reactions: mikes_fsd
Less expensive than using the corrected tool, interlocked to the assembly line. Remember Elon isn’t concerned if you have a high school deploma. Those with automotive experience were purged in 2019. Buyer beware!
3 posts, all negative with no indicia of ownership.

I wonder what your motivation might be. And before casting aspersions on the education of Tesla workers, may I suggest you re-take 4th grade spelling?

Has anyone still on older firmware experienced this constant running of pumps at higher charge levels?
I have never seen this on my 2013 with V8 (2018.34).
Also no reduction in range or supercharging speed either.

Just luck or has something changed?
Nope! I guess both versions are "normal" then. I think that's what all the sanctimonious claptrap posted above by various apologists is supposed to convince us of.

I received the message that my 12v battery needed to be replaced. I tested the battery and it read 100% charge with a voltage over 13v. I managed to reset the code by disconnecting the battery under the frunk and also the battery under the backseat.

You have a defective car and need to follow up with Tesla to get your issues fixed.

What makes you feel emboldened to touch High Voltage electronics? You are obviously upset, but don't go breaking your car.

Clue Issue: nearly NO ONE has a gas station in their garage.

ALL Tesla owners do, as long as they're not living in an off-gird, no-solar yurt . . . so they can "fill up" to FULL when there's a threat to life and property.
Clue issue: nearly NO ONE who owns an ice vehicle keeps the tank empty during an emergency.

You’re acting like people who own ice cars are stranded while Tesla drivers are able to evacuate. That’s beyond stupid.

• Helpful
Reactions: SSedan
Clue issue: nearly NO ONE who owns an ice vehicle keeps the tank empty during an emergency.

You’re acting like people who own ice cars are stranded while Tesla drivers are able to evacuate. That’s beyond stupid.

Nearly every Tesla owner can fill his "tank" to FULL in his own home.

ICE owners cannot do that, and instead get to wait in lines for gas (while there is some left). Once the run on gasoline is on, the gas runs out. Electricity doesn't run out.

The sooner we start to remove the ~2 billion ICE vehicles on the planet, the better: LET THEM BURN and take the Tesla with you.

Why are some so slow to comprehend?

Now, more than ever, we need smart, educated people to act. "Act" means STOP BUYING FOSSIL FUELS, and eating animal flesh.

You would think more people would see the correlations, but I expect too much:

We’re running out of hurricane names during the 2020 storm season

AND:

Animal agriculture is responsible for 18 percent of greenhouse gas emissions, more than the combined exhaust from all transportation.

"Livestock's Long Shadow: environmental issues and options". Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. Rome 2006

Secondary sources:
COWSPIRACY: The Sustainability Secret

Status
Not open for further replies.