Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does this keep happening?

European opinion. Because you all have guns.
If ever shots are fired at a car here in nl it is all over the news because it hardly ever happens. Yes there are bad guys here with guns but they are typically very limited still.

Having guns available is probably a something a lot of people can handle very well. There is however a too large group for whom this will lead to problematic behavior.

(Probably not making friends with this opinion though)

I hope it doesn't happen again

If ever shots are fired at a car here in nl it is all over the news because it hardly ever happens. Yes there are bad guys here with guns but they are typically very limited still.

Having guns available is probably a something a lot of people can handle very well. There is however a too large group for whom this will lead to problematic behavior.

Shot on a PCP team for a while but do wonder how it's easier to get a gun than a driver's license when the gun can do so much more damage. If you freak out and ram your car you likely won't be doing down there road. Where as...

LOL, we don't "all have guns"! I was VP of my high school rifle club, and no, I don't keep a gun at home. There are legit purposes for having a gun, I live in an area with lots of deer, duck, moose and bear hunting, but a handgun in a car, seems just excessive. Why would anyone need a handgun in a car?

Reactions: Saturday
LOL, we don't "all have guns"! I was VP of my high school rifle club, and no, I don't keep a gun at home. There are legit purposes for having a gun, I live in an area with lots of deer, duck, moose and bear hunting, but a handgun in a car, seems just excessive. Why would anyone need a handgun in a car?

To prevent car jackings seems like the obvious answer.

Ah America where the arms race seems to accelerate with every random shooting.

Interestingly, in other countries without firearms everywhere, there are neither random shootings nor car jackings in any real number.

Glad to see that the driver stayed safe, and the Tesla saved his life in this case.

Thank you for pointing this out again; this is the key point, this has been covered so many times with @TimothyHW3, and the circumstantial evidence supports this being the reason. He does not want to hear it.
It is funny how you always come up with "authority" and tell us how this and that works. Funny, funny.

It doesn't really matter what "software" version it was on, as long as the advertisement is false.

A car sold in september at 560km with more capacity as a car sold a few days later with 580km, with the same efficiency, but less capacity?

How does that work?

Don't bother.

A car sold in september at 560km with more capacity as a car sold a few days later with 580km, with the same efficiency, but less capacity?

How does that work?

This has been explained multiple times to you. The car sold in September likely had an actual WLTP rating of 600km, not 560km. ~7% improvement, as indicated in the EPA 2019 docs vs. the 2021 docs for the same non-heat pump drive cycle.

What is wrong with that? Underpromise, overdeliver. Not really false advertising - unless selling a car that does better than advertised is false advertising!

Do we know for sure? No. I don’t know why you say I come in with authority when I clearly stated we were all flapping our lips in the breeze without the actual test documents. Anybody find them yet? Why are these not available go the public as they are in the US?

Last edited:
This has been explained multiple times to you. The car sold in September likely had an actual WLTP rating of 600km, not 560km.
say I come in with authority
I say it?
Do you even read what you are writing and HOW you word it? Just listen to yourself sometimes, the arrogance is astonishing...

The car sold in September likely had an actual WLTP rating of 600km, not 560km.
Not how this works.

The car sold in September 2020 had an advertisement sticker of 560km.
The car sold in October 2020 has advertisement sticker of 580km.

560km < 580km

So unless the car sold in October can in a real life test from 100% to deadstop, with the heater off (WLTP) travel further than the September car model, wether 1km or 20km, false advertisement.
It doesn't matter what you think or what your "feels" are - you are advertising more range and the customers expect more range, not less.

And if it comes to "less range" - false advertisement.

You are essentially say it is illegal to under report the range on a car.
No, I am "essentially say" (saying) that a car that reports more range than a car X, should not have less range in a real world test than the car X.

I know it is hard for you to read what I am saying AND understand it, from all the disagree hitting ...

Or do you work for VW, that is some real VW logic there.

I'm not quite sure how many companies could survive if they followed your suggested business model.

The excuse... that Tesla "didn't know they couldn't deliver?"

Really - this is how corporate America works? Uh no...

I'm not making excuses, I'm trying to explain to a bunch of people who are needlessly angry that their claims are bogus and silly, and their demands are even more off the wall. And it's ESPECIALLY disingenuous coming from people that are on this board, where speculation has been running rampant over the impending refresh. You're saying a company who's entire model is just-in-time deliveries has to warn you in advance that a model is going away (again, even though there was still every chance your order could be fulfilled and still could be fulfilled when some other guy refuses delivery tomorrow of his pre-refresh Model S)? Come on. No rational business shoots themselves in the foot like that and they owe you nothing when you waited until literally the last possible moment to order the last generation vehicle. How many people actually ordered a car in December hoping against hope that they'd get the old model? People are just butt-hurt that they didn't get away with locking in a bargain basement price that was in the market for months.

GM takes orders all the time for cars they can't fulfill. I ordered my C6 with the Z51 package and kept getting delay after delay because they had supply chain issues. *sugar* happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.