Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well yes, really. I think Spsheridan said it best, but seems you did not like that reply. I'm thinking that even if other people have similar system sizing, a comparison doesn't mean anything because of other variables like roof pitch, module orientation, module temperature in heat, module shading, efficiency, and probably some other things not coming to mind at the moment. Pretty much all the things that you didn't mention for comparison. However, I hope you get the information you are looking for :)

Lemme guess, your the guy telling everyone watching a movie that things that happen arent really possible?
Again - just a curious, experience sharing thread.

Oh well, I tried - HA HA!!

Wow! Never seen so much hostility from an OP in any thread here. Are you having a bad day, DJVoorhees? People are just participating and trying to help, or seek clarity. No reason to jump on those for assisting or asking questions.
I am always amazed on social media to see the snowflakes just have to attack others on line. WOW, I wonder if they do the same things are parties and work. If
you do not have something to say positive. ..... :)

I just don’t think those ehh looking rims are worth 4500 lol
Okay, and I think your MS all black interior will look like dog sh!t. Completely boring actually. Okay, kidding aside...is it really necessary to put down others choices? 😒 I had much nicer 22" wheels with carbon fiber that were also a wheel/tire upgrade from Jaguar on my Jag I-Pace EV and I paid for them but they were so worth it...they looked amazing (and I didn't feel any real compromise on the road feel)! However, I know other people who drive the I-Pace with different wheels (std or less upgraded) and I've never put them down for their choices on it. Just saying as your words can be construed differently than you actually mean. Personally, I think the 19" wheels look like crap and coming from 22" wheels (and 21" wheels on my Porsche Macan Turbo), I upgraded to whatever Tesla offered in larger, more aggressive wheel/tire package. If they had other choices, I would've considered those as well. The $4500 upgrade was worth it to me; perhaps you're just cheap?

Last edited:
Finance is the way to go. The rates are super low right now, anywhere between 1.24-2.49%. Even with sufficient funds to pay cash, why do that? Liquidity can be diverted to other assets or investments that will outperform the loan rate. Take the cash and put it in Tesla, Ford, or ChargePoint stock instead.

Disclaimer: I am not a financial advisor and just posting my opinion like everyone else. I believe in the EV movement and feel Ford has made a commendable effort in EVs from a legacy automaker. Add to that, charging infrastructure will be a necessity and growing sector as EV adoption continues to increase.
nobody asked or cared for your opinion because nobody was buying all cash. i asked a simple question if it WAS A LOAN

I’m honestly not sure why you’re so upset by someone adding their input on a web forum, which is a place designed for people to contribute their own opinion to conversations.

If you’re still in need of an answer to your angry, angry question: yes, the person who you replied to, who said in the last sentence of the post you quoted that they are getting a loan, seems likely to be getting a loan.
did I ask for you to chime in?

I’m honestly not sure why you’re so upset by someone adding their input on a web forum, which is a place designed for people to contribute their own opinion to conversations.

If you’re still in need of an answer to your angry, angry question: yes, the person who you replied to, who said in the last sentence of the post you quoted that they are getting a loan, seems likely to be getting a loan.
did I ask for you to chime in?
looks like someone has a bad case of garglema
ooo im so hurt...

You’re welcome to provide data at any time as you’re clearly the expert here on Tesla battery failures AND the reliability of every other high performance ICE car on the road. I mean, it’s pretty remarkable we’ve gotten on this long without you!

But we’re super glad you’re here now. You seem like you’re gonna fit right in!
You really are a passive aggressive little dipshit. You are accusing me of doing EXACTLY what you did. Dumbass.
I NEVER made any claims about Tesla data, I came here to learn about them. YOU are the one proclaiming that german cars are all basically just time bombs. Get over yourself.

You really are a passive aggressive little dipshit. You are accusing me of doing EXACTLY what you did. Dumbass.
I NEVER made any claims about Tesla data, I came here to learn about them. YOU are the one proclaiming that german cars are all basically just time bombs. Get over yourself.
You’re awfully defensive of the fatherland for posting from Texas on the Fourth of July. 😆

Be cool, sport. Nobody’s here to hurt you. Daddy may have loved that e30 M3 more than he loved you, but this is a safe space if you want to talk about it. 😘

Many people waiting for a lot longer than 6 weeks dude…try 6+ months! Not saying the delivery process makes any sense nor is Tesla right for doing it the way they do, but you did just order at the end of May. I know you’ve heard this before, but I think you forgot about that little detail.

BTW - everyone here who had to wait for many weeks and months are just as angry as you, but our posts are not “F-k this $h!t” x 10, lol. 😜 As others have said before, you can just cancel your order so the next customer can move up the line (or sideways or whichever way Tesla does it in their haphazard manufacture & delivery process).
Woah! Why didn't I think of doing just that? You're so smart lol Of course, there are people who have placed orders way before me. They deserve to get their cars way before me but we both know that isn't happening since Tesla is busy delivering to people who ordered a week ago 😂
When there are people who got their cars on a week's notice then the least Tesla can do is to communicate with customers who've been waiting longer. Now, to you this must be how a company needs to treat its customer and its fully acceptable but to anyone with multiple brain cells this isn't a way to do business. And frankly telling people they need to be okay with it or cancel the order is a dick move and makes you look like a cultist nut hugger.

This is a civilized conversation mate, there is no need for that here. If you don’t like the process just cancel your order (yes cancel it) not sure if you even have one and move on. Not sure how you deal with everyday life but if this is a problem for you then good luck 👌
You're late to the party mate. If that comment is uncivilized to you then you'd be pleasantly surprised to know that I have deleted another one of my truly "uncivilized comments" which probably would've given you a heart attack lol

Regardless, I still believe that telling people they need to take it or leave and deal with crappy customer service and lack of communication without acknowledging the company's unfair treatment is a dick move. It does not help you in any way just like complaining here doesn't help me. The only difference is my bitching here is based off of facts and I can take it back by acknowledging it's a stupid thing to do and doesn't change things in the long run. It also makes me look like an impatient twat which frankly I am 😂
Whereas your telling people they need to "CaNcEl ThE oRdEr" makes you look like a sack hugging twat. It doesn't help you in any way so why do it? And the fact that some of you don't even have your cars yet and for some it's their first Tesla, but still you guys are ready to tickle that nipple. Why do it bro? 😉

Not cancelling my order lol peace out ✌️

Having driven MSs for eight years, I decided to step to the Taycan and ordered one in April. In view of that car's overwhelming issues, I cancelled it last week and ordered a MS Long Range. For a great electric car Tesla is still the only game in town and has an 8 year head start on the competition, all of whom are mired in legacy issues.

I have just read its new and excellent owners' manual cover to cover. As far as I can see, the Plaid and LR are identical in every respect but:

The plaid has a third motor and a fiber wrapped motor
Very slight differences in the transmissions.
Torque Vectoring (which the Porsche people told me is not worth paying for: ”get real wheel steering instead”)

So for $55,000 (including tax) you get 1 second faster 0-60, which is soooo useful.

Why would anyone with a modicum of common sense do that? I think I know the answer to that question.

Well, they have no common sense. It is a question of value optimization. The Plaid S has naught to do with value. The Plaid is for men who believe that the cart will make their Johnson longer and hot chicks will start taking their clothes off the minute they see them in a Plaid. People like that have not even a modicum of common sense. The other explanation is that there are some potential buyers that are so wealthy that common sense has nothing to do with the decision to spend $130K. These are the ones like Jay Leno who have a gargantuan garage with 25 performance and antique cars. I really don't imagine that they'll sell more than a couple of thousand of the the Plaids, maybe fewer.
Then the BIG question comes when Elon releases a 600-mile, 2-seat, jet-assist takeoff Roadster 2 for >$200K. That leaves out almost all of the dumbasses who think it'll make their cocks bigger and whittles the market down to Jay Leno, some Arabian oil sheiks, a few Russian crime lords, and the dudes who bought Bitcoin at $10.

Wow!
For what it’s worth, I have two nosecone model S (2014 and 2015) for daily commute. Will be selling most of our gas cars, including a BMW, and adding another Tesla ( arriving in August). I would guess that if you have been fine with the reliability of AMG and M cars, you would be happy with the reliability of a Tesla. Generally, insulting people might not be the best way to get their help.
Wow.. ?? 😆if this shocks you, you must be really fun at parties. 😏

Seriously dude, go back and re-read the thread, I didn't insult anyone, I came here to get information. I did, however, make it perfectly clear that a bitchy little beta is not going to bully me because he got triggered that I might not approve of his precious electric car if I am worried they aren't reliable.

Be nice to me, and I'm as nice as you will find in return.

On a different topic, we were w/out power for a few hours today; making electric cars even less desirable.

Your "bet" is wrong, and Tesla should NEVER return to using the flesh of animals for anything.

Perhaps if you were more aware of the reasons Tesla stopped using animal parts you would not have posted this item, especially given the sample size of your data set. Leather DIRECTLY conflicts with the reason Tesla exists in the first place:

And, I suspect you have never questioned the assumptions that your parents raised you with? Thus, I recommend you also watch this video:

Status
Not open for further replies.