Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While not a 29 year old car, I love my 08 M5, and to me it’s still cool. A naturally aspirated V10 engine, a clunky single clutch automated transmission!
I can take the engine apart and put it back together with my eyes closed.
Yeah this assclown (sflgator) makes a lot of assumptions here, like this was my only vehicle. Many car enthusiasts have a garage kept "baby" that they maintain for sentimental reasons. That was the GT for me. I've had many vehicles over the years, and several sport bikes. The GT was my "drive only on sunny days with fair weather" car. It was the car I fell in love with in high school. Just like my dad's generation grabbed themselves a 1950's Chevy to restore and maintain, for me it was a 1993 GT.

One more thing, if he's going to try to insult me, he should at least not sound like a fool while doing it. The 3000GT was not the Stealth's twin. It was superior in many ways. Mitsubishi made that *sugar* box of a Dodge for them, because they lacked the ability to create something of their own. I'm not going to descend into what was different, or why the Dodge sucked comparatively. That's a geek fight for the 3Si.org forums. :cool:

Anyhow, sflgator is a sad angry old man. I know for a fact his Plaid will not fill that hole in his soul. Too bad that GT-R was just a trophy vehicle for him. Some of us actually fall in love with our cars.

Does it really make a difference. My other cars I owned up until 10 years ago never came with a filter. And I think I only changed mine once after 5 years since I happenned to see one when I was buying an oil filter. Doesn't hitting the recirculation button prevent bad smells and outside germs from getting into the car.
Do you all drive around garbage dumps near Wuhan with friends that fart in your cars?

• Disagree
Reactions: dyau
Don't be a pussy. Get a 60A breaker and HPWC. You can always take the HPWC with you if you move. There is a time-value to both charging and electricity, which the "do the minimum" crowd usually doesn't highlight. You may commute 30 miles on an average day, but you also may run errands and drive 200 mi every few weeks, and you have a finite (and shrinking) window when to charge your car at the lowest rate. 10-20% of $1500 will be not be money that you remember spending. Not being able to charge fast enough for an unexpected trip is something you will remember for a long time. "Future Proof" is a joke. "Now Ready" on the other hand, is something you can achieve.

Reactions: pilotSteve
Have you ever heard the concept of early adopters getting burned?

There's a reason a lot of us are "late" adopters.
Solid argument!
You dummy, everyone should have waited until 2021 to buy a Tesla, because for sure now HW3 is all we need for FSD, Tesla says so. You're an idiot for believing anything the company said in the past, but what they say now is true for sure, there is no way they would burn us now. We're past the early adopter phase, look how FSD was released years ago and working great.

And yeah, thanks for totally dismissing those of us that bought a Tesla back when it was much more of a risk and paving the way for you to have a car in 2021. You're welcome.

This is such an odd and entitled response. I do not really know what to think of it.

Shame? Really?

Where else have we used this tactic to optimal effect? Have any children? You must be an excellent manager of people too.

Every single one of us are purchasing a gimmick of wretched excess and can preach about saving the earth. Even if you are net negative on the grid, every unnecessary unit of energy used in your car could have been provided to the grid. Is inefficiency not something that should be shamed as well?

Feel free to tell me how many high mileage tires you plan to put on your earth saving race car. I would imagine you can buy tires that will last 60k miles. Will you? No?

For shame!

OR feel free to prove me wrong with installation pictures of hard rubber tires as they will last longer AND are better for the environment.

OR, better still, pretend no hypocrisy exists in your life and cast your shaming efforts upon others as you feel justified to do so.

tu quoque​

You avoided having to engage with criticism by turning it back on the accuser - you answered criticism with criticism.​

Pronounced too-kwo-kweh. Literally translating as 'you too' this fallacy is also known as the appeal to hypocrisy. It is commonly employed as an effective red herring because it takes the heat off someone having to defend their argument, and instead shifts the focus back on to the person making the criticism.

Example: Nicole identified that Hannah had committed a logical fallacy, but instead of addressing the substance of her claim, Hannah accused Nicole of committing a fallacy earlier on in the conversation.

Or perhaps:

no true scotsman​

You made what could be called an appeal to purity as a way to dismiss relevant criticisms or flaws of your argument.​

In this form of faulty reasoning one's belief is rendered unfalsifiable because no matter how compelling the evidence is, one simply shifts the goalposts so that it wouldn't apply to a supposedly 'true' example. This kind of post-rationalization is a way of avoiding valid criticisms of one's argument.

Example: Angus declares that Scotsmen do not put sugar on their porridge, to which Lachlan points out that he is a Scotsman and puts sugar on his porridge. Furious, like a true Scot, Angus yells that no true Scotsman sugars his porridge.

Damn holier than thou, virtue signaling tree huggers. This thread is about delivery of MS. Start a new one where you can tell everyone how much better than everyone you are. It will be super fun I’m sure.

You appear confused. The mild tangent in this thread came about when someone abandoned their Model S order for some POS ICE vehicle that risks our planet with each turn of the engine, every trip to the grocery store, every oil change, every single time it's used.

Somehow, being well informed on this massive, planetary-scale threat we face, and wanting to leave a usable planet behind for others to enjoy, becomes a pejorative "virtue signaling tree hugger" in your world?

That's peculiar, at best.

It's obvious that you and others need to get a LOT smarter, STAT, on the threat; if you did so then you wouldn't be so flippant and cavalier. Science, physics, chemistry--none care what you believe.

They just are.

Recommend beginning here:

p.s. The many myths you hear from the fossil fuel supported talking heads on Fox "News" editorial programs are refuted here:

Thank you for joining the class of informed citizens.

I was wondering the same thing. That's what I do and if he does, I'm thinking the hypocrisy would be self-guilt. Jus' sayin.
Recommend more than just a superficial think on this.

Not all GHG dumping is the same: for some, such as ground transport, home and light industry electrical needs, everyone needs to STOP dumping GHG's. For other GHG dumping, such as rockets and long-distance aviation, GHG dumping is the ONLY alternative, FOR NOW.

If you can't/don't understand the difference, I recommend some training in physics, aerodynamics, and basic, logical thinking. Or, just stay on the wrong side of the bell curve, but, please, don't have any offspring.

For aviation, physics is a limfac as energy density is a major obstacle, but the trends are good and in the correct direction:

Pulling sophomoric quotes from a philosophy book doesn't change the fact that you are a hypocrite.

Hypocrisy​

Description​

Hypocrisy is the practice of engaging in the same behavior or activity for which one criticizes another or the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform. In moral psychology, it is the failure to follow one's own expressed moral rules and principles.​

Recommend you learn the difference between "good" and "bad" GHG dumping.

GHG dumping from Elon's Gulfstream G650 would be "GOOD, VERY GOOD" because he's advancing an important cause (or twenty), such as making us a multi-planetary species, while also speeding our transition toward sustainable transport. It appears that he too is a "hypocrite" in your limited understanding of these nuances, correct? Or would you prefer he stay at home (preferably a yurt), or walk, or ride the train, or ________?

Lastly, while I realize that throwing rocks at others likely makes some feel better about their poor, if not grossly irresponsible choices, it is inappropriate to attack facts and science with such "arguments." It's just reflects on the paucity of your rebuttal: you have none.

Recommend another read of these two:

ad hominem​

You attacked your opponent's character or personal traits in an attempt to undermine their argument.​

Ad hominem attacks can take the form of overtly attacking somebody, or more subtly casting doubt on their character or personal attributes as a way to discredit their argument. The result of an ad hom attack can be to undermine someone's case without actually having to engage with it.

Example: After Sally presents an eloquent and compelling case for a more equitable taxation system, Sam asks the audience whether we should believe anything from a woman who isn't married, was once arrested, and smells a bit weird.

And:

no true scotsman​

You made what could be called an appeal to purity as a way to dismiss relevant criticisms or flaws of your argument.​

In this form of faulty reasoning one's belief is rendered unfalsifiable because no matter how compelling the evidence is, one simply shifts the goalposts so that it wouldn't apply to a supposedly 'true' example. This kind of post-rationalization is a way of avoiding valid criticisms of one's argument.

Thank you--we need a LOT more people on the correct side of the bell curve; please join us.

When I get home tonight, I'm going to roll the gas powered generator out of the garage (the one I have for power outages), and just let it run till I get up in the morning.
It IS true: some never really leave grade school behind.

Thus, the importance of all of us that have gone beyond 8th Grade to join the far too small subset of the non-ignorant by buying EV's, getting solar panels, and removing our gas meters, as a start. Seriously--we have to make up for those that can't comprehend planetary-scale threats.

(Switching to a plant-based lifestyle comes next, but that will blow too many brains out of skulls here so we must save that topic for later, sadly.)

In the interim, WHERE IS MY VIN ELON?!?

I've seen the dinosaur reference at other places on here. I take it to be a play on 2 things: 1. If they don't get there poop together, the EV adoption curve will catch them with there pants down and there is the chance they go the 'way of the dinosaur', with Tesla. The stock market still values Tesla more than ALL others combined and it is forward looking as can be. 2. The ICE engines burn DINOSAUR JUICE (oil converted to gasoline).

And NO a simple phone call can be a faster, more precise and hence better way to coordinate cases that are outside the norm. A phone call, with a quick back-and-forth don't by voice can be a better, quicker way to resolve strange issues.
I still don’t think you get it. YOU are the dinosaur if you are expecting Tesla to answer your phone calls.

It IS true: some never really leave grade school behind.

Thus, the importance of all of us that have gone beyond 8th Grade to join the far too small subset of the non-ignorant by buying EV's, getting solar panels, and removing our gas meters, as a start. Seriously--we have to make up for those that can't comprehend planetary-scale threats.

(Switching to a plant-based lifestyle comes next, but that will blow too many brains out of skulls here so we must save that topic for later, sadly.)

In the interim, WHERE IS MY VIN ELON?!?

Every thread needs a troll to rile other posters. You fit the bill to a T.

Oh that’s where it is!? Those asian drivers parking on that first row is going to crash into the chargers and destroy them. Why didn’t they build it on top of a curb and have cement post protecting them?
you mean lots of naïve asian tesla owners will be charging on the first row adding more confusion LOL

I don't mind the gas stations. Don't smell nearly as bad as the moldy air coming out of my model 3 AC. And I've already changed the filters a few months ago.
Well, you mustn’t be that bright bro. Everyone with two brain cars knows you also had to clean the coil. I just had it done, and while I was there they topped off the washer fluid and did a couple of other things for free.

People need to jump off bridges more often....

Status
Not open for further replies.