Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With there being (5) P85D on EV-CPO for sale under your asking price right now that all come with the B2B warranty, I'd have to say your asking price is way too high. These (5) all have similar mileage.
I always wonder why people come onto threads to s*h*i*t on other people's posts. What rshields89 posted is not correct. He/she also didn't mention that they are trying to buy a car like this at $40k, which is ridiculously low. Here are the current postings on EV-CPO where there are only 4 2014 P85Ds listed. 3 of the 4 are priced at or higher than mine. 3 of the 4 have more mileage than mine. I think the car is priced fairly and will post back here when I sell it.

upload_2019-10-30_9-13-24.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-30_9-12-40.png
    upload_2019-10-30_9-12-40.png
    74.5 KB · Views: 100
  • upload_2019-10-30_9-13-6.png
    upload_2019-10-30_9-13-6.png
    74.5 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: lafrisbee
You must not be seeing what I am seeing then on EV-CPO. There are 6 P85D currently that are equal to or less than your asking price (see below). I'm not trying to offend you are poop on your listing, and will let others decide if your price is fair.

I do agree getting a $40k P85D is not a reality, so have raised my max budget now to $43k and know I can find one for that with patience. If you get what you are asking, I will be impressed. Either way GLWS!

upload_2019-10-30_11-37-7.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-30_11-26-21.png
    upload_2019-10-30_11-26-21.png
    408 KB · Views: 46
You must not be seeing what I am seeing then on EV-CPO. There are 6 P85D currently that are equal to or less than your asking price (see below). I'm not trying to offend you are poop on your listing, and will let others decide if your price is fair.

I do agree getting a $40k P85D is not a reality, so have raised my max budget now to $43k and know I can find one for that with patience. If you get what you are asking, I will be impressed. Either way GLWS!

View attachment 471482
If you're not trying to poop on my listing, then what are you doing? Your search is not for 2014 cars. You are searching for all P85D and just trying to show me up. Finding a 2015 (which could be January 2015, one month after my car in December 2014), with double the miles, and saying that my asking price is way too high, is not reasonable. Let's have people decide for themselves what is fair vs. you saying my asking price is way too high. Thanks.

If you're not trying to poop on my listing, then what are you doing? Your search is not for 2014 cars. You are searching for all P85D and just trying to show me up. Finding a 2015 (which could be January 2015, one month after my car in December 2014), with double the miles, and saying that my asking price is way too high, is not reasonable. Let's have people decide for themselves what is fair vs. you saying my asking price is way too high. Thanks.

What I'm doing is trying to get you to sell me your Tesla for $43k : )

I know you won't take my offer, but honestly think if you get $45-48k for it that is a fair price for both parties.

What I'm doing is trying to get you to sell me your Tesla for $43k : )

I know you won't take my offer, but honestly think if you get $45-48k for it that is a fair price for both parties.
Dude, Tesla already offered me $48k so they can sell it at a premium in the $50's. So you are way off. You can't get a P85D of any year for $43k unless it's been in an accident and has crazy high mileage. Good luck with that.

He didn't ask either of you your opinion or to bash his for sale post. If you're interested at a lower price, PM him an offer. If it's overpriced (in your opinion) and you're not actually interested in buying, move along. It's quite simple and is enforced by rules in most other forums where members don't possess the desire to be polite to fellow members. You're not a hero to anyone who "might be taken advantage of" so don't even try to play off your tactics as helping others. If you can convince this guy or others to sell their car for $20k you'll buy it and that's the REAL source of your motivation. Selfishness.
There is a market rate reflecting fair value for these cards with depreciation. How about someone research and post at market price rather than bitch about it when someone tells them what market price is? There's always someone like you getting super butthurt when someone points it out. People want to treat this forum like a way to find a fan they can squeeze extra money on.

He didn't ask either of you your opinion or to bash his for sale post. If you're interested at a lower price, PM him an offer. If it's overpriced (in your opinion) and you're not actually interested in buying, move along. It's quite simple and is enforced by rules in most other forums where members don't possess the desire to be polite to fellow members. You're not a hero to anyone who "might be taken advantage of" so don't even try to play off your tactics as helping others. If you can convince this guy or others to sell their car for $20k you'll buy it and that's the REAL source of your motivation. Selfishness.

Great, you again. You bring absolutely nothing useful with these posts. At least we provided some actual information to the OP. Go back to your eggs.

There is a market rate reflecting fair value for these cards with depreciation. How about someone research and post at market price rather than bitch about it when someone tells them what market price is? There's always someone like you getting super butthurt when someone points it out. People want to treat this forum like a way to find a fan they can squeeze extra money on.
It's not up to YOU to say where someone should price THEIR car. Period. It's rude to crap on another person's for sale thread because you personally feel like you should tell them what to do.

Great, you again. You bring absolutely nothing useful with these posts. At least we provided some actual information to the OP. Go back to your eggs.

You're one to talk about bringing absolutely nothing to a thread. At least I don't drag the threads down even if my posts add nothing. Most other forums strictly prohibit this sort of thread-crapping because some people were raised by wolves and don't know how to be civil to others.

It's the same small handful of a-holes who, coincidentally, are STILL shopping for a car because they can't find what they want at the price they feel they should pay. Weird. Maybe it's because you're trying to rip people off and steal cars that it hasn't happened yet. Maybe it's YOU who is trying to con people and disguising it as "helping" others when the reality is you and the small handful of people crapping on for sale threads are just selfish a-holes disguising their selfishness as virtue.

I had the same group tell me I should sell my Model S for $20-$25k and crap all over my for sale thread. I eventually sold it for full asking price which was $34,900 to someone who wanted THAT color and THOSE options in THIS area. Some are willing to pay for things they put value in regardless of what YOU think they should pay.

I see posts all the time where someone listing something WAY above market value and you know what I do? I move along. Surprisingly they often get less than asking price but still well above market value due to being patient. Good for them. It's free market at work.

It's not up to you or anyone else to tell someone what they should ask for their item, comrade.

Agree. Always the same poster complaining about how the car is too expensive. Has been trying to buy a Model S for months unsuccessfully.

It's not up to YOU to say where someone should price THEIR car. Period. It's rude to crap on another person's for sale thread because you personally feel like you should tell them what to do.
I don't decide any price. The market does. There is a whole industry built on data to tell us what the market is and how to price cars. This isn't a safe space for sellers to come in with a high price and hope no one notices. There are absolutely some people pricing used cars sometimes the same as new hoping to find a sucker (not saying this person is). There are certainly others who are trying to lowball sellers who should be ignored. It is anyone's right to overpay for a car if it's what they really want, but a few people overpaying does not make that price the market rate.

I bet you would feel differently if there was a car dealer listing a car here for 5k over market.

I don't decide any price. The market does. There is a whole industry built on data to tell us what the market is and how to price cars. This isn't a safe space for sellers to come in with a high price and hope no one notices. There are absolutely some people pricing used cars sometimes the same as new hoping to find a sucker (not saying this person is). There are certainly others who are trying to lowball sellers who should be ignored. It is anyone's right to overpay for a car if it's what they really want, but a few people overpaying does not make that price the market rate.

I bet you would feel differently if there was a car dealer listing a car here for 5k over market.

Then let the market decide.

This is not a sub-40K car as one of the trolls suggested.

Well you're wrong. This person's for sale thread isn't the place for you to be a crappy psychic.

It's none of your business what someone lists their car at unless you want to buy it. In that case, if you feel the list price is too high, feel free to send them an offer via private message. That's how negotiations work.

These posts crapping on people's for sale threads by the same people with something to gain by getting people to lower the price of their car needs to stop. It's the same rude people trying to buy $50k cars for $25k over and over again and it's getting old. Real old.

"The trolls" suggested this was worth around market rate maybe a hair below which is actually about 40k according to KBB.

Why are you so upset over a business transaction like it is your car?

Carvana and KBB are both notoriously low valuation and the only people who sell cars for that amount are desperate people. If this person is desperate they would likely have already sold it to Carvana or similar but they haven't so it's doubtful they have any interest in those insulting offers.

In short, they listed it here because they're clearly not stupid or desperate so your public posts about what they should sell their car for is insulting & rude.

I hope the people who continually pull crap like this attempt to sell something someday because, regardless of what they think it's worth I will be sure to post how much it's "really" worth and see how much they like it.

• Disagree
Reactions: cucubits
Carvana appraisal is at $38K, and they will likely clean it up, do 150 point inspection and list it around 42.5K. Instead of PM, I will put my offer here: $40K

To the guys above who are getting cranky over fair market value, it is a business transaction, seriously grow up and move on.

View attachment 472935

Lmao, really, using Carvana as your baseline?

This car should easily fetch over 40K since it's a facelift with free supercharging, and fairly low miles. Carvana doesn't care about all the little things like free supercharging btw.

Lmao, really, using Carvana as your baseline?

This car should easily fetch over 40K since it's a facelift with free supercharging, and fairly low miles. Carvana doesn't care about all the little things like free supercharging btw.

Here is the newer VIN used Model S 2016 with a facelift directly from TESLA, with premium color (RED Multicoat) with an additional 50,000 miles warranty (Which otherwise costs about $4K+ for a car purchased from private party) at $43K (THIS IS DIRECTLY FROM TESLA)

tesla.com/used/5YJSA1E19GF159740

Do you still believe your opinion on pricing is more credible than my offer? :)

And I almost forgot to mention, it is actually better with 75 kWh battery unlocked vs this listing which is for 70 kwh.

Status
Not open for further replies.