Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the newer VIN used Model S 2016 with a facelift directly from TESLA, with premium color (RED Multicoat) with an additional 50,000 miles warranty (Which otherwise costs about $4K+ for a car purchased from private party) at $43K (THIS IS DIRECTLY FROM TESLA)

tesla.com/used/5YJSA1E19GF159740

Do you still believe your opinion on pricing is more credible than my offer? :)

No point in arguing with these guys, no matter what you show them, they'll still preach their opinions and if you take a look along the thread, it's them who turned this sale in a complete mess.

They refuse to accept that by providing some current pricing info to (new) members posting sales ads, we're not doing any harm. It's like they actively want to drive the market up and let uninformed buyers overpay. As I said before, they only see what they choose to see. There are plenty threads where sellers welcome and ask pricing info.

Just ignore them, what was important about this car's value, was said and potential buyers will see it.

Carvana and KBB are both notoriously low valuation and the only people who sell cars for that amount are desperate people. If this person is desperate they would likely have already sold it to Carvana or similar but they haven't so it's doubtful they have any interest in those insulting offers.

In short, they listed it here because they're clearly not stupid or desperate so your public posts about what they should sell their car for is insulting & rude.

I hope the people who continually pull crap like this attempt to sell something someday because, regardless of what they think it's worth I will be sure to post how much it's "really" worth and see how much they like it.
Again I made no attempt to tell them the price to sell they can decide that for themselves. I was simply stating that pricing based on market value seems to be lower. If one is willing to wait longer they can most certainly get above that market value on a car as the data certainly goes both ways on who has leverage based on the willingness of the buyer or seller to move the car. In this case I would assume almost 50k would be really high based on the data even with a motivated buyer.

You obviously seem to think that someone pointing out the reality of market value would negatively effect a future sale of mine, but I live in the reality of the market and pricing something to actually sell. I don't expect to list an over market price and hope no one notices.

Here is the newer VIN used Model S 2016 with a facelift directly from TESLA, with premium color (RED Multicoat) with an additional 50,000 miles warranty (Which otherwise costs about $4K+ for a car purchased from private party) at $43K (THIS IS DIRECTLY FROM TESLA)

And I almost forgot to mention, it is actually better with 75 kWh battery unlocked vs this listing which is for 70 kwh.
People like you are just thread crapping. How could you ever post relevant data to a sale thread!? In other forums this would be banned. The free market will provide the info!/s

People post sales based on what they think is reasonable depreciation.
They seem oblivious to the range and equipment upgrades and price having tumbled.

A new Raven with 370miles of range and all kinds of standard equipment is only $80K new....................

Yes, Recently secured an inventory Model S Long Range Raven with upgraded wheels (without FSD) for $68,040 + $1200 destination charge minus $1875 Federal Tax Credit = NET $67,365.00

And I almost forgot to mention, it is actually better with 75 kWh battery unlocked vs this listing which is for 70 kwh.

Lmao, you posted a base model with solid roof as your proof? People don't want a solid roof. Keep trying!

Lmao, you posted a base model with solid roof as your proof? People don't want a solid roof. Keep trying!
I am sorry (not) the part where you missed the upgraded 75KwH, 50K miles additional warranty, Autopilot, next-gen leather seats etc. Everything is not always apples to apples but it is more than reasonable comp that is presently available. There are many sales history of Model S 70 Kwh w/facelift in the 40K region.

You rather make your attacks than offering anything credible or meaningful to back your positions.

I am sorry (not) the part where you missed the upgraded 75KwH, 50K miles additional warranty, Autopilot, next-gen leather seats etc. Everything is not always apples to apples but it is more than reasonable comp that is presently available. There are many sales history of Model S 70 Kwh w/facelift in the 40K region.

You rather make your attacks than offering anything credible or meaningful to back your positions.
I don't get what makes these people try to hide market rate? Do they have a similar car they are trying to sell? Are they under water on a loan? A lot of people have nothing to lose if prices go gown but clearly come of these people do.

I don't get what makes these people try to hide market rate? Do they have a similar car they are trying to sell? Are they underwater on a loan? A lot of people have nothing to lose if prices go gown but clearly come of these people do.

I empathize with them. Their pain is mainly driven by Tesla's price reductions due to economy of scale, new innovation, and supply/demand curve changes resulting in lowered value for their depreciating asset.

For the haters:
For less then Op's asking price, one can get lower mileage, higher battery (75KWH), additional 50K warranty, and AWD (2016 S75D) with better performance (0-60 in 4.2 sec, vs S70 0-60 at 5.6ms), and all the premium features including sunroof :p: 2016 Model S | Tesla

What do you get out of crapping on people's threads?

49K asking price isn't ludicrous.

Any buyer will check other prices and everyone has access to Teslas used car marketplace.
Frankly, I wasn't crapping, it was another way around. I am genuinely interested in it at 40K for a family member and priced it fairly based on my experience in buying plenty of Tesla Model S/3/X (inventory and used).

Reactions: St_Bernardus
ok this is ridiculous. I get on here to respond to a legit question and my post is now hikacked. I've done my homework on what the car is worth. I could clearly sell it to Carmax, Vroom, others for less and got offers from many of them to (the sub-40k offers from Carvana etc are not the same as for my car, I'm sure you know that) so why would I offer it for what I can get going direct to one of those? I'm assuming buyers will also do their homework and look at all the many Tesla Model S's that are out there from many sources and compare all the features, condition etc and see what is a fair price to them. I assume people know how to also go onto Tesla's used cars for sale site and shop for themselves - I encourage them too. Maybe they'll find the right car for them there. I've already received lowball offers in the low 40s and politely rejected them. That's how markets work. Now, unfortunately, prospective buyers and I need to wade through 2 pages of meaningless comments to exchange actual information about my actual car not a random 2016 S. I saw these sorts of comments on other Teslas in the marketplace before I posted, I guess I should not have posted here.

"I have received lowball offers in the low 40's." Those are just offers dude. People posting about market rate are just making it so "hard" to sell this car above market.
My name is not dude. Please stay off this thread if you're not seriously interested in buying my car. I'm not havinga hard time selling this case, I have serious offers also, it's just that this thread has become useless to exchange information because people have hijacked it for a different purpose. You may want to create a different thread to debate market rate for Teslas. I encourage buyers to do their research as I have in this thread and I do when I talk to them about my car. Thanks.

My name is not dude. Please stay off this thread if you're not seriously interested in buying my car. I'm not havinga hard time selling this case, I have serious offers also, it's just that this thread has become useless to exchange information because people have hijacked it for a different purpose. You may want to create a different thread to debate market rate for Teslas. I encourage buyers to do their research as I have in this thread and I do when I talk to them about my car. Thanks.

This happens sometimes in the for-sale threads around here. It's a great targeted audience you can sell to but you'll also get a few outliers who feel like it's imperative that you conform to their expectations. You can use the "report" function on lower left of each objectionable post to alert the moderators that you need some help in cleaning it up.

This happens sometimes in the for-sale threads around here. It's a great targeted audience you can sell to but you'll also get a few outliers who feel like it's imperative that you conform to their expectations. You can use the "report" function on lower left of each objectionable post to alert the moderators that you need some help in cleaning it up.
Thanks, I've done that.

You do understand market value is based on data and not individual expectations right?

Reactions: BulldogsRus
Come on guys - I'm in agreement that a lot of people ask too much for their Tesla, based on what they paid, not what the car is currently worth. But, there's no need in having this same conversation in every thread. I know it's a forum, and open dialogue is to be expected, but this is honestly going too far. If the OP is asking too much for his car, it won't sell and he'll have to lower the price.

I promise you that the market will do a MUCH better job of guiding the OP to the exact price his car is worth - the price he eventually sells it for. If that is $49k or $40k, that's the market value. Let him sell his car.

Status
Not open for further replies.