Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good lord please get a spa treatment and have a beer. If you go down about 6 threads from this one you see I have been marketing my car three weeks before this post. ( blue P85DL )I only bring it up because I don’t want chris& Steph waste time like I did trying to find the sweet spot to market their car. So no I am not piggybacking on this thread to sell my car. Yes I didn’t exactly follow the rules but I didn’t realize that trying to help someone out should be worthy of such blow back. Chris&steph try a number of different venues. Craigslist, car gurus, come to mind. eBay motors I have got a few scams and a number of people willing to give me 10k to 15k less then asking so not sure if that has been worthwhile there

It shouldn't even have to be a rule to know that questioning someone's pricing of their car publicly is incredibly disrespectful. If they want to ask $384k for their car... let them. It's none of your concern.

It shouldn't even have to be a rule to know that questioning someone's pricing of their car publicly is incredibly disrespectful. If they want to ask $384k for their car... let them. It's none of your concern.
No one is saying they can't ask that much for a car. This person is literally stating that they are currently unable to sell a similar car for vastly less money. How is this not relevant? This isn't an opinion or an agenda to lower this car's price. You are trying to hide behind forum rules to discredit people.

No one is saying they can't ask that much for a car. This person is literally stating that they are currently unable to sell a similar car for vastly less money. How is this not relevant? This isn't an opinion or an agenda to lower this car's price. You are trying to hide behind forum rules to discredit people.
I'm not trying to hide behind anything. Reading comprehension clearly isn't your strong suit so I'll try to make this clear for you:

Comments on prices of listed items are NOT allowed in the marketplace.

It's not a difficult thing to understand yet some people seem to have such a difficult time grasping such a simple concept.

This is exactly why I've been so adamant that posts like this get removed by forum staff immediately.

Once again, we have a newer member that's dipping his toe in the water and is immediately pounced upon by a couple of members who refuse to follow forum rules.

Perhaps your post may be more informative if you referred, quoted, and/or linked to specific TMC rules of which ban commenting on pricing of items, or pointing to other similar products listed elsewhere as a means for price comparison? I'm curious what those rules actually are, as I find it hard to believe that helping buyers (not just sellers) with information, such as pointing out similar items for sale at lower price, would be against forum rules. I think if someone is looking for "for sale, no comments please" type of listing, they go to AutoTrader.com or their local classifieds.

Sold my S85 through Facebook. Worked really well

It works really well here too. There are plenty Teslas being sold here but the thing is they are either priced fairly or the seller is open to suggestions when they are not familiar with current market values.

Also it helps when "weekend-knights-in-dirty-armor" don't jump in and attack those daring to suggest these things.

Following this thread. My LR AWD is quite noisy at speed, it seems to be mostly coming from the tires (stock 18" until this afternoon, switching to snow tires). Whenever I roll onto a freshly paved stretch of road, the noise disappears.

So are you saying that the road you are driving on makes a difference? <------ sarcasm. (I just couldn't resist.)

Will it also make a difference the same way on the roads that I drive on? <------ I can't stop myself.

Hmmmmm...so that gravel road that is just tremendously noisy to drive on.....has nothing to do with my tires? I just keep buying different brands....and nothing helps. <------not true..... just simulating comments that I hear about.

Everything above was for humor.

• Disagree
Reactions: mswlogo
Never heard of that before.

Not sure what it's going to take to get you to accept what everyone has been saying. You get it when you get it. That's it.

would just like to say suck it to all the attitude-givers in this thread. I just proved all the anecdotal things I’d been hearing all along

the chat confirmed I had no pending/hung updates. “Nothing they could do for me. It will happen when it happens”

I call a service center that I have an upcoming appointment at to check if my part came in, i mention I’m still Stuck on 9 and if he can help me— he puts me on a 15 second hold and says “you should see it come through”

Just got the update and installed it

Check all your shitty attitudes before making fun of me next time. Tesla 1000% can push updates whenever the hell they want. Stop spreading this bullshit “wait your turn you impatient youth”. It’s all a bunch of lies you tell the people who don’t have the update yet while you get to enjoy it

I knew 100% I didn’t have a pending update. I’ve been connected to WiFi for 5 consecutive days on a factory build. Ten seconds from asking for it on the phone, my car started downloading the software. It’s nearly impossible for that to be a coincidence

• Funny
Reactions: DBeckwith
I just got a call from Tesla and, instead, they advised me to 100% charge to 15% charge once a month.

I told them there are a lot of rumours on forums about these BMS calibration procedures and I asked them about an official document describing this procedure. They said they don't have any written document.
I insisted whether this procedure was an official procedure or it was his personal opinion. He told me he got this information from an engineer (I guess it's oral -not written- communication). Tesla is not helping by giving slightly different oral advice to costumers and not write a short guide describing this procedure for everyone.

To sum up, they told me it is normal to see a 5% less capacity after 6 months & 10,000 kms.

Hey bud, just FYI, no one's trying to brush you off, and you're welcome in the forum. Don't listen to our local troll. The general consensus from both the aggregate data we have as well as pretty much all Tesla service centers is that it is within expected parameters for the battery to degrade about 5% or so within the first year or two, and then level off with virtually no additional degradation for many years thereafter. The sources are plentiful in this forum as well as this thread, but here's another: Tesla battery degradation at less than 10% after over 160,000 miles, according to latest data - Electrek

Cheers, and keep us posted with your progress!

I don't understand your question. Who says what?

I've seen lots of anecdotal evidence of installing seals around doors and the roof glass, and videos of damping panels but no real analysis. But if you have seen some, please say so.

This was the OP's original statement.

I have been surprised and a little frustrated that there has been so little proper analysis of noise levels inside the cabin of Tesla Model 3s (and, of course, S and X) and how to manage them.

My question was simple. How does he know there has been little proper analysis? Who wrote an article saying that there was little proper analysis?

If you are going to make a statement and base the entire thread on the statement.....I'm just looking for the source and what give credibility to it. I just don't believe everything that is written just because someone says it.

OP's answer was. People inside of his car. What?

• Disagree
Reactions: ilyak
If this is how you feel about Musk and Tesla, why on earth would you own one of his vehicles? Are you dumb or something? You run around saying he a shyster, shady, liar and can't be trusted, but you buy his products. WTF? Something else is going on here. Sell your car and move on. Your paranoid and unsubstantiated rants don't convince anyone except other Fudsters. If you have factual basis for all the fear mongering, put it up.

I just read this article from a week ago that is relevant to this thread:

Tesla under scrutiny by feds for battery, software issues

If this were Tesla's intention, it could have quietly notified owners and let them know they were working on a permanent hardware solution. Instead, Tesla chose to hire a big outside law firm versed with these types of suites. Tesla has made its decision. No amount of speculation will change the fact that Tesla chose lawsuits over communication and honesty with its customers. There will be no magic solution coming from Tesla unless it is mandated by a court of law.

Typical Musk behavior. I've been saying for years that he's a shady fraudster, but the Koolaid drinkers here won't have any of that. Musk encourages customers to abuse their vehicles and squeezes every ounce of free marketing and sales he can get out of all social media posts, word of mouth, and Youtube videos. What Musk doesn't tell customers, which he very well knows, is that what he's encouraging people to do is damage their vehicles in a way that Tesla will disallow under its warranty.

Supercharge all you want and please gush profusely on Youtube about the speeds! But shhhh, don't tell anyone that it's bad for the car and doing too much of it now means you'll be doing a lot less of it later. Floor that pedal and let's see everyone screaming in the car with joy! Except, you know, don't tell folks that Tesla will steal range away from them because they pushed the system beyond the realistic limits.

Even Porsche has a footnote about DC charging on Taycan, saying the DC charge rate will eventually start to drop the more times it is fast charged. Where was Tesla's footnote when we bought our cars? When did Tesla tell us that treating our cars the way they encourage us to treat them will cause range loss and reduced charging speed in several years? Of course Tesla couldn't do that because it would underscore what a liar its CEO is.

The underlying critical issue is that all of this flows back to Elon Musk. All of it. From bragging about the product's unsustainable performance to encouraging owners to use a charging network that, by its very use, will damage your battery over time. Remember when Tesla capped ludicrous speed and took performance away because using Ludicrous was causing suspension failures? Exactly the same MO, except with that piece of fraud we had John McNeil to advocate for owners and had the decision reversed. Now there is only one person: Musk. He clearly has it out for the same early adopters who ensured the success of Tesla and one of Musk's nest eggs.

Even on AC my car starts to taper down from 80A/240v when it hits 90%. That taper is recent in the last year, it used to charge at 80A longer than this.

And I didn’t ask for your critique of my post either. That aside I have a little relevant insight in this area as I have been marketing a 2015 P85DL about two weeks before you Chris and steph. I started just below Kelly blue book and what tesla was asking on their CPO site even though I have about 9K of value Add ons beyond sticker price. I have since dropped to 50800 since the sweet spot for these cars seems to be 48K to 52K. Of course there are many variables that will effect price, geographical location, color combos, desirable options and mileage. I am in no crunch to sell and will hold onto the car and trade it in in either December if a suitable inventory car comes up or wait till the plaid in a year. As I dated in my thread it just ticks me off that tesla will take my car on trade wash it and add ~9K to the price. I’d rather someone get the benefit of a lower price AND free supercharging through me. So again good luck with the sale chris and steph. I hope this helps.
Sold my S85 through Facebook. Worked really well
Thank you

Check all your shitty attitudes before making fun of me next time. Tesla 1000% can push updates whenever the hell they want. Stop spreading this bullshit “wait your turn you impatient youth”. It’s all a bunch of lies you tell the people who don’t have the update yet while you get to enjoy it
So, the key to getting an update when you want it is to be an a-hole. Got it.

Your attitude has sucked all the way through this thread and continues to be so. There was no reason for you to take it to the level you did with Tesla - wasting a service center person's time for your petty childish attitude. You didn't need to know if your part was in - you used this as a lame excuse to get the update.

So, the key to getting an update when you want it is to be an a-hole. Got it.

Your attitude has sucked all the way through this thread and continues to be so. There was no reason for you to take it to the level you did with Tesla - wasting a service center person's time for your petty childish attitude. You didn't need to know if your part was in - you used this as a lame excuse to get the update.

Look at this boot licker

do you know what part I ordered and why? I’ll tell you exactly why I called them

since Tesla’s service , like I said and I know this hurts your feelings, is total dogshit, I ordered homelink a month ago. Email says “center will call you”

a month goes by, no phone call

I read threads from everyone on here saying “they never call you, they don’t give a sh*t, you just have to make the appointment and force them to tell you if the part is there”

I Made my appointment, I called , they confirmed the part was there. Then i asked for a push and the nice guy I happened to be talking to did it instantly without a problem

1. The guy who did the push was nice. But,
2. Yet another example in my experience of how garbage their systems and service are. If I were uninitiated to Tesla’s hands-off , take it or leave it culture, I’d be waiting for months like some tool for this phantom phone call that was never coming. And then when I try to make an appointment, I’d be waiting for early to mid December for it, because that’s how backed up they are.

Tesla’s culture shapes customer behavior to be up their ass. Because they do absolutely nothing proactively. They don’t communicate anything truthful to you and often lie to you. It conditions you to then be rewarded only by actively harassing them because they simply will not only ignore you, but they lie to you

I got delivery dates for my car. Each time, a couple days before, I would get it cancelled on me for no reason. The first car I matched to, Tesla canceled my delivery and told me blatantly “we sold your car to someone else because it was easier and cheaper for us”

I live an hour and a half from the center. Do you know what it’s like coordinating 2 adult work schedules and child care 3 f’ing times only to be told days before “just kidding asshole! Keep jumping through the next hoop we throw in front of you!”

speaking of assholes, since you asked, after going through that the 1st time, I told them I had a family vacation planned where I would be Away for a week. I got told “sorry if you don’t get the car those exact 7 Days, we are giving it away”. So, I removed myself from a family vacation to make their arbitrary delivery date. Guess what they did? They gave the car away ANYWAY two days before, because it was convenient for THEM!

F*** the customer. Who cares! They want our car so bad they can eat sh**! We have people like Kevy Baby who will love and defend us anyway!

then, on the THIRD delivery appointment (at this point I believed nothing they said to me) I got a date auto assigned from the system (instead of calling me and asking me when I wanted to come in like the other two times) that I couldn’t make
That day. Guess what they told me Asshole? “Policy changed! We no longer have a 7 day grace period!! It’s now a 3 day window. If you don’t get the car in three days, tough sh*t! We are giving it to the next guy”

After all those fake delivery days and jumping through their hoops, aligning 2 work schedules and child care , my sales force at my company for coverage, the reaction to a burned customer was “hey, let’s just restrict and mess with you even more!” “F the customer!” Because the Kevy Baby’s of the world will still sing our praises

fhink I’m done? Nope!!! My trunk lid doesn’t close on delivery. The alignment is way off. I noticed the frunk is also off. I pointed it out and asked if they would notate it and have someone look at it. Guess what all 3 managers told me?

First time - no, our tech will literally manually push the latch panel sideways a bit so it can close. reject the car if you have a problem
Second time- no. Too bad. Reject the car if you have a problem
Third time- ok, we will ”notate “ you complained , but we won’t fix it since it’s “within spec”. Reject the car if you don’t like it

“Can I see the notations just so I know they are in before I take ownership”

“no we can’t show you”

what the f***

this is an almost 60k car. Do you call this behavior normal? Do you call this good service?

you don’t know me. You don’t know my situation. I had to make that service appointment because I saw they were weeks out on the schedule. You order parts and no one ever calls you to tell you it’s in or to make an appointment. In your warped fanboy world, maybe that’s normal. To me it’s not

don’t tell me I’m the asshole. You are way out of your element. after that bullshit parade of lies
And the “f you take it or leave it” attitude, yeah , I’m going to be a little pissy and proactive calling these people because I trust nothing they say

and the guy did it in 2 seconds. So what the hell is wrong with these people at delivery just clicking a button to forward me a stupid update I could have gotten just to make me happy? You just
screwed me six ways from Sunday over the last month basically causing havoc on my personal life and ultimately delivered me a defective car— try showing some human emotion and that you care about a customer buying a really expensive vehicle from you and stop these robotic corporatists rules about waiting for random algorithms. Do you realize the only thing I hear from Tesla is either

1. no
2. Silence

you are literally a Tesla shill. It’s just a car dude, it’s not a religion. I’m within my right to
Be frustrated at them and calling them to
Ask whether, if this appointment I’ve waited
Already a week for , will even happen because they never gave two shits to tell Me a part came in a month ago

you can’t handle that anyone would say a thing negative about this company. I’m a fair guy. The car is the most incredible thing I’ve ever driven. But their culture , service, and so far, their quality control, is awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.