Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t know if it works? You didn’t even try it yourself?!

And have to add we have videos of the stupidest things but not this? Yeah, it works.

To state the obvious, pics or it doesn’t.
So many jerks on this site, I posted something so maybe someone that didn’t receive the update yet could try it out. So for trying to help out the group

So many jerks on this site, I posted something so maybe someone that didn’t receive the update yet could try it out. So for trying to help out the group
How Dare You!
upload_2019-11-12_7-57-33.jpeg

Meanwhile I have the product and it works exactly as advertised, charging and being charged at the same time, while you're debating semantics and trying to convince anyone who will listen you're right, just not about what we're talking about. Get over it man. Your ego is so huge.

It works really well here too. There are plenty Teslas being sold here but the thing is they are either priced fairly or the seller is open to suggestions when they are not familiar with current market values.

Also it helps when "weekend-knights-in-dirty-armor" don't jump in and attack those daring to suggest these things.
Seriously Dude? Look I have totally tried to stay out of all the mud slinging here. I will ask one time, stop posting here. I asked for suggestions via PRIVATE MESSAGE. The "rules" Ostrichsak is referring to, are rules that most people live by, which is courtesy, and respect, kindness and helpfulness. If you were trying to be any of those things you would have messaged me privately, you would have offered advice, even some insight. However, that is not what you're did, and is not what you're doing. If you're going to be that way, you shouldn't try to turn it around to make yourself a victim, and claim you're being attacked. Ridiculous, and so dramatic. If someone is interested in my car and wants to talk price, I am more than willing to negotiate. Being a gear-head, and having bought and sold many cars with lots of extras, I know there are people out there like me, that like expensive upgrades, and are willing to pay for them, because they will turn around and have to do it anyway when they buy a car like yours. Maybe not exactly what I think they are worth, but again, thats called negotiating. That being said, there is not another car in all the "comps" anyone here has sent me, that has everything my car has, and I have had several inquiries already.

Meanwhile I have the product and it works exactly as advertised, charging and being charged at the same time, while you're debating semantics and trying to convince anyone who will listen you're right, just not about what we're talking about. Get over it man. Your ego is so huge.

You were wrong about what I was right about from the very start. I stated that it does not increase the amount of charge on the battery pack when it's quick-charging a device at a higher amperage than the car provides. You didn't bother to read that before decreeing I was wrong. So yes, you were arguing semantics and decreeing that physics was wrong, while basing your claims purely on their advertisements and a programmatic definition of charging. You're showed a great lack of understanding of basic high school science and toed the company line, accepting the corporate definition of charging ("We say 'charging' even though the battery level is going down").

Had you bothered to avoid being a battery pack fanboi and actually read the stuff you admitted you didn't read, this "argument" never would've happened. In fact, your aggression started on page 2 with you accusing others of not reading. Pot, Kettle?

I made it clear that my statement you disagreed with was related to physics. Just because you don't understand something does not make it incorrect. Also, just saying "You're wrong" does not make that correct either. You might want to take the mirror away to not see somebody with a huge ego.

I did look it up and I have seen a wide range of suggestions so wanted to better understand the reasoning. You yourself just contradicted the psi rating on the door sticker of the car.
The "wide range of suggestions" is exactly why people continue having problems and starting new threads weekly to discuss the same thing ad nauseam. I was assertive with my suggestion because I know it fixes the problem and there are no adverse affects so why make it more complicated than it needs to be?

Reactions: ucmndd
The "wide range of suggestions" is exactly why people continue having problems and starting new threads weekly to discuss the same thing ad nauseam. I was assertive with my suggestion because I know it fixes the problem and there are no adverse affects so why make it more complicated than it needs to be?

Oh please. Save the weekly thread hyperbole.

I appreciate the useful information everyone provided including what the current door sticker states for 19" wheels.

Reactions: PhilDavid
The end of the story would be if you actually provided some of this "plenty" of empirical evidence.
BWHAHAHA

Exhibit #1

Michelin Primacy 18" tires shot @ less than 10K miles.

The posts of people with rear tires worn out way before the fronts on this forum are legion.

edit> P.S. I happened to change my wheels quite often, and track it very closely. I know how much I had to swap front with rear to keep things on track, it is actually quite predictable for me at this point. Of course with the track tires it is the opposite, as in the use case I'm putting way more stress on the front compared to the rear so I have to bring the front to the back to keep the wear even.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Knightshade
BWHAHAHA

Exhibit #1

Michelin Primacy 18" tires shot @ less than 10K miles.

The posts of people with rear tires worn out way before the fronts on this forum are legion.

So your only evidence provided is one guy with ~4,000 less miles than mine and tires in much worse shape than mine

Neither of us has rotated.

It's almost like your evidence isn't actually evidence of a damn thing related to tire rotation or something!

Next time you feel like being obnoxiously passive aggressive when someone asks for help, maybe do everyone a favor and don't.

I for one am grateful the OP asked this question as our temps are dropping as well and it made me check my tire pressure. Sure enough on two wheels I was within 1 PSI of the TPMS warning triggering. I'm glad I checked the tire pressure on all 4 wheels to avoid seeing a TPMS warning when I'm on my way somewhere or confusing my wife if she was driving somewhere.

With the temps falling, I suggest everyone check their tire pressure as well and I recommend that you keep a small portable air compressor in the car. It might even save you one day if you have a "slow puncture/leak."

To the OP: This is probably your first winter with the car and the fact that you are getting the warning on all 3 wheels suggests this is due to the dropping temps, as you are seeing a consistent drop on 3 wheels. Just add some air and you should be fine.

There has been varying PSI numbers suggested over the last several years so I don't mind this topic being brought up. The consensus for now seems to be 45 psi and possibly reduce that by 2-3 psi for comfort if you decide you prefer that. Ambient temperatures does affect the tire pressure so in my case, I set all four tires to 44 psi.

As always, keep an eye on tire pressure and tire wear about once a month.

Obnoxiously passive aggressive?

Read post #3 again and don't inject whatever negative "tone" you artificially added to text. I gave the OP the exact information they requested and added the fact that it has been covered within the last week. It wouldn't take much effort in the search function to find TONS of info on this very topic. There's nothing "obnoxiously passive aggressive" about that post.

Post #13 included a passive aggressive response for no apparent reason unless you read my post with "tone" which wasn't intended. There is a LOT of overly sensitive people on this forum reading context into posts that simply isn't there looking for an argument to prove how smart they are or something.

I will take your advice though and for future reference I won't try to help people out with basic questions they could easily search themselves for fear they may be overly sensitive. Snowflakes can figure it out for themselves if they don't approve of the way simple answers are spoon fed to them.

Good luck!

You realize that wasting energy into the motor is heating the battery, right? The coolant loop pulls the heat created by the wasted energy into the cooling system and transfers it into the battery cells. The end result is the same as the dedicated battery heater.

I see.. you're one of those guys who's just commenting here to say "your wrong" on some technicality. Just post a useful reply instead of searching for comments to "rebut".

Per the NHTSA itself, Tesla is being investigated under NHTSA Investigation number DP19005 and Tesla will face punishment for failure to cooperate with an ongoing federal investigation if they fail to cooperate with this investigation directly pursuant to 49 USC 30166 which authorizes NHTSA to conduct any investigation that may be necessary to enforce Chapter 301 of Title 49. They have not been served with "information gathering" word play, they are under legal obligation to comply with federal laws regarding NHTSA investigation DP19005 as of now.

If wordplay was all it took to avoid federal investigations, Tesla wouldn't be the first to try that tactic. We can pretend pedantic wordplay might make the investigation unreal, but we can't pretend t\nothing will happen if Tesla refuses to cooperate with the investigation.

Tesla is under federal investigation, pedantically or not it's the actual dictionary definition of the word.

Wrong again

"On September 19, 2019, the Office of Defects Investigation (ODI) received a defect petition dated September 17, 2019, requesting that NHTSA initiate a defect investigation of certain Tesla Model S and Model X vehicles that received revised battery management software in one or more over-the-air (OTA) updates from Tesla, beginning in May 2019. . . . A copy of the petition will be added to the public file for this defect petition and ODI will evaluate the petitioner's allegations to determine if the petition should be granted or denied. The following VOQ numbers are associated with the issues discussed in this resume: 11254112, 11246771, 11246770, 11243758."

Federal investigations are specific terms of art. NHTSA at this stage is evaluating whether to grant the petititioner's request to initiate a defect investigation. If, and only if, the petition is granted, then NHTSA will initiate the defect investigation.

Your persistent sloppiness with words and concepts belies someone having an agenda other than sharing accurate and useful information. What is your agenda? Why would you want to further the fake narrative that "Tesla is under federal investigation" when the documents clearly show you are wrong?

upload_2019-11-20_15-52-56.png

Reactions: mongo
Status
Not open for further replies.