Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Hot Fudge: I'm curious what you disagree with. It was factual that TezLab said that at the time of my post. Not a statement of opinion. It is now too:
View attachment 479241
Did you go try them or did you just sit at your computer in Sacramento, just curious.
PS I went there and tried to charge, some worked some did not, but who cares. We shall never converse again, I do not talk to combative individuals.

Oh come on.

* Guns don't indiscriminately go out and kill people, and a lot of deaths are due to suicides. Firearms are used multiples more to save lives than used to take lives. There are no safeguards that can be used to prevent a nut job who wants to kill themselves, or others. Then you have that pesky 2A which guarantees the right to firearms ownership.

* I presume that you're talking about the 737 MAX and the MCAS that's gotten the bad rap? Not a death here in the US due to different standards of hiring and pilot training, not to mention the "company" purchasing a second AOA sensor along with a "disagree" light. In addition, the Lion Air incident started with a prior flight crew encounter a problem, and a dead legging pilot aboard showing the flight crew how to respond - which that same dead legging pilot was not on the subsequent flight which did crash. Not to mention flight certification is a very draconian beast, requiring not only reams of paperwork, but 40 hours of self-test before the FAA will allow the plane to be certified as even experimental. Now try to get a Part 91 or even Part 135 certification, you're talking a whole different slew of minimum equipment and TSO's.

Anyhow ... Tesla gives a feature to users which actually can be used to increase safety. Disabling a safety feature because some people want even more convenience is silly. Seat belts chime, you don't wear them. You have to have 10 oz of weight on the steering, so people want to disable the entire thing? How is that going to increase safety when you get back to accidents in traffic, increase in accidents after daylights savings, and sleepy drivers?

What the Fk are you talking about with these idiotic arguments? What because the 727 never crashed in the US that makes it ok, You idiot, Americans fly across the world every day, is your stupid ass saying that they shouldn't fly any plane if the pilot is not certified in the US?? World flying standards are uniform you fool.

"The accidents befell Lion Air Flight 610 on October 29, 2018 and Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302 on March 10, 2019. Investigators attributed the cause to the MAX's new automated Maneuvering Characteristics Augmentation System (MCAS) forcing each airplane to enter nosedives. Boeing and the FAA emphasized a recovery procedure in November 2018, but it did not help the Ethiopian crew save their aircraft.

After the second accident, the U.S. Congress and Department of Transportation began investigations of FAA type certification of the airplane, particularly whether the agency delegated too much self-approval authority to Boeing. Airlines criticized Boeing for failing to inform pilots about MCAS. The U.S. National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) faulted Boeing's assumption that pilots could quickly disable MCAS, and the Joint Authorities Technical Review (JATR), appointed by the FAA, found inadequate documentation and review of the system. In October 2019, the final report by the Indonesian government on the Lion Air crash identified nine contributing factors relating to airplane design flaws, inadequate certification and safety regulation, maintenance errors, and actions by flight crews. "

This argument on guns are as stupid as you- why is there a mandatory Federal seat belt rule? why do folk who fly have to get searched before boarding the plane? Why are there restrictions of selling explosives? Why are there stringent restrictions selling poisons? Why have Uzi's banned? If controlled restrictions didnt work in the US we wouldnt restrict anything you stupid dumb ass. All of your arguments are nothing but contradictions relative to how the real world operates - you live in a delusional bubble who I'm sure will put restrictions on others outside of that bubble.

What the Fk are you talking about with these idiotic arguments? What because the 727 never crashed in the US that makes it ok, You idiot, Americans fly across the world every day, is your stupid ass saying that they shouldn't fly any plane if the pilot is not certified in the US?? World flying standards are uniform you fool.

"The accidents befell Lion Air Flight 610 on October 29, 2018 and Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302 on March 10, 2019. Investigators attributed the cause to the MAX's new automated Maneuvering Characteristics Augmentation System (MCAS) forcing each airplane to enter nosedives. Boeing and the FAA emphasized a recovery procedure in November 2018, but it did not help the Ethiopian crew save their aircraft.

After the second accident, the U.S. Congress and Department of Transportation began investigations of FAA type certification of the airplane, particularly whether the agency delegated too much self-approval authority to Boeing. Airlines criticized Boeing for failing to inform pilots about MCAS. The U.S. National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) faulted Boeing's assumption that pilots could quickly disable MCAS, and the Joint Authorities Technical Review (JATR), appointed by the FAA, found inadequate documentation and review of the system. In October 2019, the final report by the Indonesian government on the Lion Air crash identified nine contributing factors relating to airplane design flaws, inadequate certification and safety regulation, maintenance errors, and actions by flight crews. "

This argument on guns are as stupid as you- why is there a mandatory Federal seat belt rule? why do folk who fly have to get searched before boarding the plane? Why are there restrictions of selling explosives? Why are there stringent restrictions selling poisons? Why have Uzi's banned? If controlled restrictions didnt work in the US we wouldnt restrict anything you stupid dumb ass. All of your arguments are nothing but contradictions relative to how the real world operates - you live in a delusional bubble who I'm sure will put restrictions on others outside of that bubble.

What the Fk are you talking about with your post?

Do you understand the difference between a 727 and a 737 MAX? If you can't differentiate between the difference in planes, and then the subsequent variants, you have no business trying to argue a point. This isn't semantics, it goes to the core of understanding key fundamentals and differences.

As the Lion Air crew fought to control their diving Boeing Co. 737 Max 8, they got help from an unexpected source: an off-duty pilot who happened to be riding in the cockpit.

That extra pilot, who was seated in the cockpit jumpseat, correctly diagnosed the problem and told the crew how to disable a malfunctioning flight-control system and save the plane, according to two people familiar with Indonesia’s investigation.

The next day, under command of a different crew facing what investigators said was an identical malfunction, the same jetliner crashed into the Java Sea, killing all 189 aboard. -- A pilot who hitched a ride on a Lion Air 737 saved that plane. The next day, the same Boeing jet crashed

That means you have a) inadequate flight training b) failure to report a maintenance issue and c) failure for the subsequent flight crew to understand what needs to be done.

The Congress doesn't exactly read like experts. And from your own post ... "...maintenance errors, and actions by flight crews." which supports my assertion.

Since you want to rely upon ad hominem arguments "as stupid as you" it demonstrates that you're either 12 or an immature adult.

You do NOT have to get searched before boarding a plane. You CHOOSE to be searched by choosing a carrier that operates out of an airport that has contracted with the TSA. Fly NetJets, fly GA and tell me what kind of "search" occurs. You can buy toxic materials, and poisons (go to TSC and buy some poison to control pests such as a rodenticide).

Jesus. Grow up.

Edit: Addressing your specific points to explain to others how ignorant you are.

Why is there a mandatory Federal seat belt rule?

For vehicles? Safety. But if you go off-roading, you do NOT have to have seat belts. To operate on highways (public highway) you have to follow rules. This includes licensing and equipment minimums. But Federal rules do not require you to have seat belts on your John Deere, a R1200GS nor on a bus.

Why are there restrictions of selling explosives?

Because of people like you who would not understand how to manage handling like tannerite (google it).

Why have Uzi's banned?

It's not. I suggest you actually do your research and check GunsAmerica. There's one for sale right now at $14,000. It just takes a class 3 license.

If controlled restrictions didnt work in the US we wouldnt restrict anything you stupid dumb ass.

Because that's worked on drugs? Humans trading sex for money? Opioids and prescription abuse?

All of your arguments are nothing but contradictions relative to how the real world operates - you live in a delusional bubble who I'm sure will put restrictions on others outside of that bubble.

Yeah, keep at it with the personal attacks. Like I said.

Grow up.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
Both of vehicles look the way they do because the shape performs an actual function. Tell me exactly what the function is of a pyramid shape on an automobile. There isn't one, because automobile styling is exactly that, just style.

Why would a car designer style something that deliberately is not pleasing the eye?

If it's such a superior design, then tell me why I am not seeing the roads around my town filled with similarly shaped vehicles? Are Tesla engineers the only automobile engineers on earth who have discovered the advantages it offers?

Why don't the other vehicles in Tesla's lineup look this way?

It may not even be all that cheap to manufacture. I don't think stainless steel is easier to work with than regular stamped steel, nor cheaper. But let's suppose it is - are we to the point where Tesla is in such dire straits that they need to simplify the design of their truck to the point it looks like a Junkyard Wars reject, in order to save costs?

I read somewhere long ago that good styling doesn't really cost any more than bad, so it's a mystery why there should be unattractive cars out there.

I think the S and the 3 are sharp, modern looking cars. A truck designed in the same vein could sell a couple hundred thousand a year without breaking a sweat. I know you're a big Tesla fan. It's okay to admit this Cybertruck looks terrible. Stop making excuses for it.
dumb.
dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

dumb.
dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

Alright, I'll withdraw the comment that "It's okay to admit this Cybertuck looks terrible". Lots of people will probably buy it because it's different and they think it looks rugged, or futuristic, I guess.

But let's stop pretending the design suits any actual functional purpose. Because it doesn't, other than to draw attention.

I'll ask again, if the design is so superior, why doesn't the Model S look like this?

I have been wondering about this: are there crumple zones? If the body panels are that hard, would they even crumple?

No, not likely.
They will deform, or tear, but energy absorption will have to be managed by the interior structures (e.g.: frame, battery tray, etc).
For a visual illustration, see what happened to Starship after its tanks got over-pressurized:
SpaceX blows the top off first Starship rocket in pressure testing 'to the max'

What about pedestrian safety? Would some countries deny this truck on that basis?

Pedestrians' bodies absorb much of the energy during an encounter with a car, not the other way around. Thus the bulk of pedestrian safety measures have been around increasing the impact surface area around the nose of the car.
Consequently, all modern cars' noses are high, have near vertical frontal drop, and kinda look alike.

Many of you will not believe me, it took hours myself to arrive at this conclusion, but
YOU WILL BUY THE CYBERTRUCK (if you were going to get any truck or SUV)
[...]
An interesting thing I discovered is the Cybertruck rear seats will seat 3 more comfortable than the rear seats in a Model X.

The key missing stats from the reveal are the exterior dimensions, and they have to be gargantuan.

Neither Honda Odyssey (6.5' wide), nor F150 or Hummer H1 (both 7.2' wide) can seat 3 adults across, comfortably.
Cyber*uck then has to be 8+ feet wide to pull that off.

F150 with quad-cab is 20.9' long. Cyber*uck will have to be at least as long.

It's not only that I can wont be able to fit the Cyber*uck into my garage, it will also physically not be able to make the turn to get to my garage in the first place. This *ucker is just stupid wide and long.

I'm sure someone will find that to be an asset, and I will see a few of them parking at the mall (and taking 4 spaces) and picking up kids at my school in a few years.

An average dump truck (e.g.: FL70 Split-Body) is 8.5 foot wide, and 23' long.
That's, almost, the Cyber*uck dimensions.

Good luck with that....

Just stopping by:

EKJQD8tWoAEuMxF

• Disagree
Reactions: FutureShock
Designing a truck that looks like this cuts the potential market by 75%, if not more. They missed a fantastic opportunity, in order to satisfy Elon's whims.

Now you're just making up sh*t, based on nothing at all. Worse, you're exceedingly unlikely to be right. At least say......."based on nothing but superficial observation, I believe that........blah blah blah......."

it's funny that all these threads and videos NOW show up, despite searching on it before-hand
They did not show up "now," you finally caught a clue.
I presume that eventually you will realize that you should read up on Li plating and take some steps to avoid showing up at a DC charger with a very cold battery. This is not unexplored territory.

As for your initial impulse to hide your use of 'scan my Tesla' -- that was just retarded. I cannot even begin to fathom why you would think that the vendor would only sell to you. You are not a special snowflake, but you are poorly informed. I recommend you take a refresher in modesty.

Last edited:
They did not show up "now," you finally caught a clue.
I presume that eventually you will realize that you should read up on Li plating and take some steps to avoid showing up at a DC charger with a very cold battery. This is not unexplored territory.

As for your initial impulse to hide your use of 'scan my Tesla' -- that was just retarded. I cannot even begin to fathom why you would think that the vendor would only sell to you. You are not a special snowflake, but you are poorly informed. I recommend you take a refresher in modesty.

Dude, you're coming in way too hot on this. Darn near one of the first things they say is that the method is publicly available. They rightly don't want to expose it because it may be used wrongly and/or taken away in the future. Tesla has done this in the past when people had "too much" access to their own vehicles. They didn't even expose an OBD II port on the Model 3, people had to find an alternative that Tesla likely didn't intend for the average person to use.

And for everyone, battery chemistry is insanely complex with a large number of intricate actions and happenings that even legitimate battery chemists are still quantifying. The stated purpose of heating the battery is to increase charge rate, not to prevent health impacts to the battery.

Suggesting that we read up on it isn't sufficient or even helpful, honestly. We just don't know. We don't know the exact chemistry of the cells used in Model 3. We don't know the complex internal environment of those cells mapped against all possible variables. Reading may give us info, but the balance of that info and various internal battery events is incredibly unknown to the average person reading an article on the internet for a potentially different battery chemistry.

It really isn't OBDII though. It's just some enterprising folks that hacked around and discovered a CAN line buried in the back seat, and the only way to make it mainstream viable is to convert it to an OBDII port so they can hack a commercially available OBDII adapter to work with the CAN they're seeing. That's why I worry Tesla would impede this method if they wanted to hide this info instead of fixing it. They have zero reason to make it accessible, not even OBDII, as that's not something Tesla did. It's 100% hackery start to end. Hackers (in a positive way) discovered the CAN, hackers decoded the messages, hackers made an OBDII port available.

I super appreciate the positive encouragement though. I've just got to ignore the haters/self proclaimed "Li Plating" experts I guess :)

Fair, my wording was incomplete! We just have to hope that Tesla continues to provide such info over regular CAN bus... things. Not entirely impossible, maybe just hard to find and access in the future.

Keep on keepin' on, many will appreciate the info. Hopefully it eventually gets back to Tesla and they realise it's not currently a great solution. I would bring it to them if I knew how.

Hi everyone,

I have the Hansshow power liftgate trunk and frunk in my car, and love love love love love it for not only its functions but also showing it off at the parking lots, and then everyone is talking about how cool Tesla is. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dchobo
Not sure why you always have to nitpick my responses
Always?

Within the context of my post, maybe you can see what I meant?
Maybe.

To nitpick yours, most gas stations have electricity.
You misinterpreted my meaning: An EV can fill up any place that has electricity, an ICE cannot.

Once again you factually are correct! Con-text.
Not sure how the context is special in this case. Famous people can insult non famous people on the internet.

Doesn't matter if I'm wrong or you are wrong, the rules are the rules.

If the owners and mods change the rules so price commenting is within the rules, I'll shut up and not say anything further. Until that happens, I'm going to call you out on it every time I see it happening, period.

Fair enough. I'll do the same with the sellers who are here to prey on buyers.

• Disagree
Reactions: Ostrichsak
CLEARLY you're right and I'm wrong. Glad we sorted this out. Thanks for pointing this out to me. I'm sure you're absolutely perfect in respecting all the rules no matter what.

I honestly can't believe how closed minded some of you ppl are. It's not even funny anymore, you are just sad. I'm happy I don't know you personally and I hope we never cross paths.

CLEARLY you're right and I'm wrong. Glad we sorted this out. Thanks for pointing this out to me. I'm sure you're absolutely perfect in respecting all the rules no matter what.

I honestly can't believe how closed minded some of you ppl are. It's not even funny anymore, you are just sad. I'm happy I don't know you personally and I hope we never cross paths.

was this really necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.