Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That actually kind of IS true. Yes, a person who hasn't purchased FSD on models prior to including HW3, CAN upgrade to HW3, however that upgrade is not available for purchase yet. Presumably once they've run the free upgrades of those who have purchased FSD they will make the upgrade available for the cost of the HW3. I believe they've said $6,000.

People are confused on the cutoff date. Perhaps the confusion lies with mixed announcements. People who paid full price for FSD, as we discussed yesterday, were to be offered membership in the NDA Early Access Program. That has a cutoff of when they or about when they ended Enhanced Auto Pilot. Clearly after late March or early April cars shipped with HW3 so there may be confusion about that date. Those people can buy FSD whenever they want. If one is to believe Elon Musk, once Tesla has FSD the cost will skyrocket.

What are you referring to that you feel is totally false?

It is totally false because there is no cutoff date where some FSD people will get the AP3 upgrade at no additional cost but other FSD people will be forced to pay extra to get the AP3 upgrade. Tesla has said that everybody who paid for FSD will get the AP3 computer upgrade at no additional cost.

Well you can also just go to tesla.com and look at the FSD order page, today, and see it says exactly the same thing.

Or just look earlier in the thread where a screen shot of exactly that was posted.

FSD HW upgrade is included with purchase of FSD for all those that don't have HW3 yet.

No cutoff date of any kind to the upgrade.

Also no option to get the HW3 upgrade, at all, other than by buying FSD.
BUT your statement was "Elon SAID" so......theres that....and that is what I was commenting on.

That actually kind of IS true. Yes, a person who hasn't purchased FSD on models prior to including HW3, CAN upgrade to HW3, however that upgrade is not available for purchase yet. Presumably once they've run the free upgrades of those who have purchased FSD they will make the upgrade available for the cost of the HW3. I believe they've said $6,000.

People are confused on the cutoff date. Perhaps the confusion lies with mixed announcements. People who paid full price for FSD, as we discussed yesterday, were to be offered membership in the NDA Early Access Program. That has a cutoff of when they or about when they ended Enhanced Auto Pilot. Clearly after late March or early April cars shipped with HW3 so there may be confusion about that date. Those people can buy FSD whenever they want. If one is to believe Elon Musk, once Tesla has FSD the cost will skyrocket.

What are you referring to that you feel is totally false?

I am not sure why you and some others are persisting with this narrative. Any purchase of FSD, past, present for future, includes the FSD Computer as part of that purchase. Tesla have never said anywhere that purchasing 'FSD' requires a separate purchase of hardware.

So what @diplomat33 said is absolutely correct.

I am not sure why you and some others are persisting with this narrative. Any purchase of FSD, past, present for future, includes the FSD Computer as part of that purchase. Tesla have never said anywhere that purchasing 'FSD' requires a separate purchase of hardware.

Couldn't have said that any clearer if you tried. This should be the final word on this goat rodeo.

• Funny
Reactions: Wooloomooloo

So what @diplomat33 said is absolutely correct.
You never score well with reading in school did you? Read what I wrote! Further, the other poster said the upgrades would be in vin order.Until Tesla announces the exact sequencing of the upgrades it'll be pissing in the wind to speculate. Further a different cov with @diplomat33 was concerning the offer of EAP to early fsd purchasers, that had a cutoff. Do try to keep up!

Do you kiss yo' mama wit dat mouth? Very unpleasant posts, maybe cut down on the caffeine... examine yourself
Oh please, you do know what the obvious retort would be to that...right? It has to do with YO Mama. If you're not involved?, don't get involved. The original OP was partially wrong not "Completely FALSE". I explained it in my description. But there are people on here, especially those posting anonymously that love attacking. There were, very much, dates involved, he was just conflating multiple Musk tweets. And, that was understandable as there were several public relations fuch ups Musk was either trying to deal with or shut down with false promises.

• Disagree
Reactions: mtndrew1
You never score well with reading in school did you? <irrelevant stuff> Do try to keep up!

Insulting someone you disagree with doesn't strengthen your argument. I read what you wrote, as did everyone else, and disagreed with it. If you're unable to participate in civilized discourse, don't engage in it. And if you want to demean someone's literary ability, don't mix tenses. Just sayin'...

Maybe we can get back into the holiday goodwill and just look forward to the upgrades?

Last edited:
Yes, I understand.

Being called out for having "facts" in your brain that are unsupported by reality is distressing.

Far better than blaming the messenger would be to simply adopt thinking that IS supported by reality, no?

Our planet is counting on people getting smart, and fast.

We are seriously running out of time so please, do this yesterday.

Thx.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weat...long-dreaded-climate-feedback/?outputType=amp

And:

A warming Arctic could cost the world trillions of dollars

And:

climate.nasa.gov

WE GET THE MF MESSAGE.

IT'S BEING DELIVERED BY A PROLAPSED ANUS.

uh.. ok...

I said MANY...not MORE.

So... not False. FACT. Many people do have free premium connectivity. As you clearly point out... over 267,000 people.
Definition of MANY

many
noun, plural in construction
Definition of many (Entry 3 of 3)

1: a large but indefinite number a good many of them
2: the great majority of people the many

Using your garbage logic, Many could literally mean 2 people. You used it to to prove that it didn’t effect a large group of people and used it in the context that it won’t be a concern. Your response like your trashy initial post ignores the actual stats that a larger group of people, the majority, in fact, which will be growing every day, are effected by the new connectivity charge. It would seem the people who are in the group that is growing and will be charged should actually be concerned and drive the conversation, not a static group of people coming into threads to brag they early adopted and you believe are “many” in numbers.

Definition of MANY

many
noun, plural in construction
Definition of many (Entry 3 of 3)

1: a large but indefinite number a good many of them
2: the great majority of people the many

Using your garbage logic, Many could literally mean 2 people. You used it to to prove that it didn’t effect a large group of people and used it in the context that it won’t be a concern. Your response like your trashy initial post ignores the actual stats that a larger group of people, the majority, in fact, which will be growing every day, are effected by the new connectivity charge. It would seem the people who are in the group that is growing and will be charged should actually be concerned and drive the conversation, not a static group of people coming into threads to brag they early adopted and you believe are “many” in numbers.
hahah so.. you just ignore the first 2 definitions of MANY

Definition of many
(Entry 1 of 3)

1: consisting of or amounting to a large but indefinite number
worked for many years
the many advantages of an education
2: being one of a large but indefinite number
many a man
many another student

as many
: the same in numbersaw three plays in as many days
many

pronoun, plural in construction
Definition of many (Entry 2 of 3)

: a large number of persons or thingsmany are called

or

Many - English Grammar Today - Cambridge Dictionary

or

Definition of many | Dictionary.com
adjective, more, most.
constituting or forming a large number; numerous:many people.
noting each one of a large number (usually followed by a or an):For many a day it rained.
noun
a large or considerable number of persons or things:A good many of the beggars were blind.
the many, the greater part of humankind.
pronoun
many persons or things:Many of the beggars were blind. Many were unable to attend.

or

Many, a lot, and lots can be used for referring to a large number of things or people. In ordinary spoken English many is mainly used in negative sentences and in questions. It is also used in positive sentences after ‘too’, ‘so’, or ‘as’: We didn’t sell many tickets. ♦ Were there many children in the audience? ♦ You’re trying to do too many things at once.
In positive statements a lot of is usually used instead of many: A lot of people don’t like the new law.
In written English and in formal spoken English many is used in sentences of all types. It is more formal than a lot of: Many disabled people regularly use public transport.

Well I must be so "normal" I have no clear idea of what on earth you are talking about.
Perhaps "so normal" we should petition BigE to get you in a safe vehicle at the soonest possible time.
ADDED: By putting the worst drivers in a tesla you provide an envelope of protection for the rest of the drivers. Because now the "normal" person will have a car picking up a lot of their slack. They are not going to drive better. They are idiots. Just like the feeble-minded 55 yr old lady that was calling the cops on me because I had my two poodles in my truck with all four windows cracked between 1 and 2 inches, while I went in the grocery store. It was 71 degrees, windy, and high clouds blocking the Sun. But this "normal" idiot/person, thought my dogs were imperil. She had already put a note on my car about how hot it was in my truck. When I came out she was on her phone talking to the police about it. I was not kind to her. I pick and choose what days the dogs get treated to coming in the truck. Today was about as good as it gets.
I asked her to come stand by the truck and feel how "hot" it is in there when I opened the door. She wouldn't. I told her how F***ing stupid she was because if she would open her own car door she could tell it was not even warm, and my truck had all the windows down and it was breezy.
AND>>>> this "normal person" got in her car and drove... yes she did. She drives a car. She should be in a Tesla for our safety. Though I must say I wished she was dead.

Last edited:
In response to my post above, @Trent Eady sent me the following harassing and threatening email. Certainly sounds like epistemic humility, doesn’t it?

“I've talked to Oliver Cameron and he knows your true identity. You posted a screenshot of an email he sent you (which I savef and sent to Oliver), which made it trivial for him to figure out who you are. Oliver has contacts at Waymo and Facebook and he has zero sympathy for you. He's offered to reach out to his contacts and out you to your employer for your stalking/harassing/trolling behaviour. If you continue to stalk and harass me, I will accept his offer and you may then face real life repercussions for your online obsession with me.

Fair warning. Bye”

In response to my post above, @Trent Eady sent me the following harassing and threatening email. Certainly sounds like epistemic humility, doesn’t it?

“I've talked to Oliver Cameron and he knows your true identity. You posted a screenshot of an email he sent you (which I savef and sent to Oliver), which made it trivial for him to figure out who you are. Oliver has contacts at Waymo and Facebook and he has zero sympathy for you. He's offered to reach out to his contacts and out you to your employer for your stalking/harassing/trolling behaviour. If you continue to stalk and harass me, I will accept his offer and you may then face real life repercussions for your online obsession with me.

Fair warning. Bye”

This is sickening and should be a permanent bann-able offense.
This is literally Trent's MO, try to get anyone who disagrees with him banned. He has done it several times in different platform including trying it in /r/Selfdrivingcars and were laughed off by the mods.

Reactions: kavyboy and croman

Fair warning. Bye”

Wow @Trent Eady . So humble. Hahaha. I hope @HappyFunBall has reported you. You're so good at writing meaningless, vacuous words, and then ignoring them completely.

I listen to actual experts, not to second hand info from someone not even in the industry. That's where I show my humility and absorb information. It has served me pretty well in my career to listen to actual experts, so I'll keep doing that.

I unsubscribed from this thread so I wouldn't need to see the pointless back and forth, so feel free to not at me and I won't appear here. I'm not interested in debating your fictitious spreadsheets at all. You don't understand the technology you're talking about. You're comparing a game playing NN to a collection of NN responsible for a vision system in a car. They could not be more different, and yet you're reading every tea leaf you think you come across.

It has served me pretty well in my career to listen to actual experts, so I'll keep doing that.

Good idea.

Perhaps the funniest part of today’s exchange with @Trent Eady is the fact that I hold a roughly equivalent position in my own organization as Oliver Cameron holds in his.

So I guess if Oliver Cameron doesn’t mind getting bothered on his NYE holiday to defend a kid he’s never met who writes articles he considers “misguided and inaccurate,” I guess Oliver could report me to... me... and I sure would deal with me harshly!

Status
Not open for further replies.