Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I listen to actual experts

How about Andrej Karpathy, Mayank Bansal, Drago Anguelov, or Sebastian Thrun? I gave direct quotes and/or linked to talks from all of these experts in this thread. Don't take my word for anything; just look at the sources I cited.

You don't understand the technology you're talking about. You're comparing a game playing NN to a collection of NN responsible for a vision system in a car.

No, I'm not. Look at the title of this thread. It says "decision-making", not vision. As I've said repeatedly throughout this thread, my discussion of imitation learning and my analogy between Tesla's FSD and AlphaStar Supervised pertains to the planning component of autonomous vehicle software, not the vision system or the controls software. There is a difference between computer vision, planning, and controls, as I've attempted to explain.

Good idea.

Perhaps the funniest part of today’s exchange with @Trent Eady is the fact that I hold a roughly equivalent position in my own organization as Oliver Cameron holds in his.

So I guess if Oliver Cameron doesn’t mind getting bothered on his NYE holiday to defend a kid he’s never met who writes articles he considers “misguided and inaccurate,” I guess Oliver could report me to... me... and I sure would deal with me harshly!
The sad part about it is responding to a forum post is NOT harassment or stalking. That's absolutely laughable.
There are a sec of Tesla fans that think they OWN the internet and if you disagree with them you need to be doxxed and reported to your employer or leave whatever platform they are using.

They get this kind of behavior from their leader (Elon musk). Elon has constantly called the employers of people (montana skeptic, etc) he disliked in an attempt to get them fired. His followers have followed suit. They constantly try to get journalists who cover Tesla fired, they also report each of their twitter posts and have gotten several banned temporarily on twitter on absolutely nonesense, simply because of the number of reports.

I have had sick ppl on my twitter dox me and threaten to call my employer because they didn't like what i was posting on Twitter. These people are SICK. I just laugh at them

Funny thing is i have never tried to hide who i am cause my picture is on my twitter and my job description and what i do. But these people are out of control. Frankly If i was you even with your position. You have enough evidence and names to file police report, make documentations, explore option. What you got was a full on threat on your work and life. Don't let stuff like this slide. They are counting on it. Incredible thing is, these are people with no computer science background of ANY KIND.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrDabbles
This is literally Trent's MO, try to get anyone who disagrees with him banned. He has done it several times in different platform including trying it in /r/Selfdrivingcars and were laughed off by the mods.

This is completely untrue. SandiaGrunt a.k.a. tacocat a.k.a. HappyFunBall a.k.a. stylistic_seven a.k.a. MLAVADAS was banned twice from TMC and twice from r/SelfDrivingCars. I'm not a mod in either community, so clearly the mods in both communities found something wrong with their behaviour.

I don't take issue at all with people disagreeing with me or merely posting on a forum. I take issue with the same sorts of behaviours the TMC mods and r/SelfDrivingCar mods take issue with.

This thread is getting derailed and going off-topic. These issues should be brought up with the mods, not discussed in a thread that is supposed to be about AV/ADAS technology.

Mods: please feel free to delete this post if you want to get rid of all the off-topic posts in this thread.

Last edited:
This is completely untrue.

Says he never tries to get people who disagree with him banned...

SandiaGrunt a.k.a. tacocat a.k.a. HappyFunBall a.k.a. stylistic_seven a.k.a. MLAVADAS

...provides a list of all the accounts he’s begged moderators to ban.

I’m still over here just belly-laughing at the whole Oliver-Camerons-gonna-doxx you threat.

Can you imagine being so full of yourself that you think the CEO of a respectable company is going to doxx someone for you because they said something on the internet you didn’t like?

Can you imagine being so clueless about the decorum of professional relationships that you’d ask the CEO of a respectable company to get involved in something so petty and deplorable?

The reason Trent can’t stand me is because I keep bringing up research that proves all his hundreds of articles and posts are wrong. His whole thesis is wrong. More data is not a significant advantage, and Tesla is not leaps and bounds ahead of anyone because simply they have a larger fleet of ADAS-equipped cars. But Trent here has become so invested in this “more data wins the race” narrative — a central tenet in his online make-believe projection of authority — that he has to attack and bury anyone or anything that challenges it.

At least I get belly laughs out of it!

No, OP decided to link this thread all over the place. Again, crapflooding the internet
It appears you have taken it upon yourself to try to minimize the poor experience of others by describing their actions as "crapflooding". Since this doesn't affect you why are you putting your nose in other people's business? I certainly hope that the issue isn't repeated on the model 3 but we don't know that yet and wont know for certain for at least a few years. The reality is these early adopters, as you described them, have been wronged and lied to. If this behavior is swept under the rug and ignored it will be repeated to avoid paying for recalls and battery warranty expense on again in the future. These early adopters are trying to spread the message of what has happened to them so that Tesla will do what's right. You will owe them a thank you if they are successful and you also need your battery replaced under warranty in the future. If they are not then enjoy your car as much as you can for the next few years because if there is a problem with your battery don't expect the warranty to be honored.

No, OP decided to link this thread all over the place. Again, crapflooding the internet

OP of this thread or some other threads you have a major problem with? Also, as I said before, it's 'Internet' with an I in uppercase, which BTW you do not own. The Internet can not be "crapflooded" (whatever that is supposed to mean) by a poster as you are very concerned with.

I strongly suggest you educate yourself more as what the real issue is. Having an open mind to read the post#1 of this thread is a great start. Dropping in and accusing other owners from left and right has has so far reflected very negatively on you. Slow down and show willingness to learn about what is being done here. Your posting rights on Internet (again, that is with a capital "I") is equal to the rights of the other poster you have a problem with.

At what point did you expect to lose 15 miles of range?

people crap themselves all the time for everything.

Range loss due to battery degradation is one thing. Range loss due to intentional voltage capping by Tesla is another.

If you want to be involved in the grown-ups conversation I would suggest reading up on what is actually happening or go troll someplace else.

Range loss due to battery degradation is one thing. Range loss due to intentional voltage capping by Tesla is another.

If you want to be involved in the grown-ups conversation I would suggest reading up on what is actually happening or go troll someplace else.
Oh...is this the grownup thread? I thought it was the kicking and stomping on YouTube thread. My mistake.

Watch out for the Tesla apologists who think the company can do no wrong.

I am also a victim of charge/battery-gate and the only thing more annoying than the silence from Tesla, is the denial from other owners and forum users.
Easy, then don’t post. The fact of forums is that everybody can say their piece. One guy considers others “apologists”, another considers others “whiners”. If you can’t stand different views, don’t use the forums!

Easy, then don’t post. The fact of forums is that everybody can say their piece. One guy considers others “apologists”, another considers others “whiners”. If you can’t stand different views, don’t use the forums!
That’s funny coming from you, the person who told me to move on to another brand rather than post my displeasure with Tesla.
Love your trolling though, keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.