Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy, then don’t post. The fact of forums is that everybody can say their piece. One guy considers others “apologists”, another considers others “whiners”. If you can’t stand different views, don’t use the forums!
One guy has empirical evidence to back up his claims.

The other an internet troll.

Which one should stop posting in that case?

Oh, I bet the lawyer has a fairly good estimate of how many people might be joining a class action suit. Surely it matters.

And you? How do you know you aren't part of a tiny group of crazies trying to turn a problem affecting almost nobody into a huge deal? You must have some notion of how many people are affected by this. Go on, 'fess up yourself. Is it more than fifty? What's your evidence? Anything more than speculation?

Note that I don't doubt you are personally having a problem and that Tesla isn't communicating, and is generally behaving in a way you don't like. I just haven't seen or heard anything to indicate this isn't a problem being experienced by a small percentage of the cars on the road. If so, it isn't a big deal to Tesla or the owner population, just to those experiencing the problem. If not, and it's affecting a large percentage of the cars on the road, then please provide some evidence of that. I'd like to know if I should be worried.

Clearly you don’t understand how class action lawsuits work.

As I said to the other kool-aid drinker; read the mega-thread in the Model S forum if you are interested in understanding what is happening and how it will eventually impact you.

As for myself; Tesla have confirmed my vehicle is impacted and I have statistical data to back this all up dating back to a software update in June. So crazy? Yeah maybe, but not about this.

One guy has empirical evidence to back up his claims.

The other an internet troll.

Which one should stop posting in that case?
Yeah, he lost 15 miles of range!

No worries, I’ll exit and leave you guys to froth in your echo chamber. Good luck with your “lawsuit” (lol) and as long as you guys keep your YouTube fits to yourself, I’m sure nobody will interrupt your thread.

So your contention is that they just woke up one day and decided to screw a few of you over?
No, the select few victims are just a testbed for the criminal enterprise that is Tesla to prepare to screw over the whole lot of us. We should all be terrified. <end sarcasm>

Once you head down the conspiracy theory rathole there are no limits. We've got several of those here.

Yeah, he lost 15 miles of range!

No worries, I’ll exit and leave you guys to froth in your echo chamber. Good luck with your “lawsuit” (lol) and as long as you guys keep your YouTube fits to yourself, I’m sure nobody will interrupt your thread.

Too much effort to do the required reading to participate?

Or did the folks at corporate tell you to move on to troll another thread?

Either way, best of luck to you.

• Helpful
Reactions: Chaserr
And you do? Great! Please explain to me why you would think the lawyer wouldn't have a good idea what potential number of people joining a class action would be. Thanks!

You really seem to have trouble conducting a civil conversation. I've read good chunks of that thread, and posted to it asking questions of some of the more rabid participants. Got no coherent answers. The thread is full of anecdotes, but little or no data outside of a few individual vehicles. This is enough to conclude that some people are seeing problems, but not how many.

Already said I believe you when you say you're seeing a problem and you're unhappy with Tesla's response. But that doesn't make this a widespread or serious problem, does it?

Yes, but how many? And has it changed with recent firmware updates or with time? Is there any evidence that these dark intimations that we're all going to be impacted soon based on anything at all?

Well, that's not very scary for anybody who doesn't have one of these, unless there's evidence it's spreading further.

Bummer! I hope Tesla takes care of you eventually.

Ugh. I’ll give you the third-grade version because you’re obviously too lazy to read the master thread.

Anyone who is impacted by the issue is covered under the class action suit. If every person who was wronged was required to actively join/participate in order to receive relief, not many suits would get off the ground.

So your theory of “we must know the number of people impacted because “lawsuit” is asinine.

Tesla does not want to disclose how many vehicles are impacted and part of the suit is requiring them to disclose.

Get it now?

• Helpful
Reactions: Chaserr
The Tesla apologists should probably rethink their responses here. This issue is the subject of a class action lawsuit and NHTSA review. This subject is also the topic of a multi-hundred page thread in this forum as well as these articles:

Tesla owner lawsuit claims software update fraudulently cut battery capacity

Tesla’s disappearing miles: Owners say automatic software fix has had unwanted side effects

https://ww.electrek.co/2019/08/08/tesla-owner-range-slashed-software-update-class-action-lawsuit/

Tesla faces lawsuit over software that cut range from some cars

UPDATE: Class Action Suit Cites 19 Issues With Tesla Software Update

https://www.washingtonpost.com/tech...fficials-probe-alleged-tesla-battery-defects/

To the Koolaid drinkers here, this will eventually impact you. When it does, you won't be happy and you'll be just as pissed as the OP and thousands of other owners. When you are sh*tting your pants we won't make fun of you or insult you.
Calling people “apologists” or “deniers” is no different then calling other posters whiners in this thread. Dispense with the name calling and stay on topic. Everybody is allowed to express their opinion.

You need to re-read my post more slowly. Maybe we just have divergent intrepretations of the english language. If I buy something that operates correctly as expected, but still does something that I judge is unnecessary, I can still call it unnecessary. You can call it whatever you want, but don't tell me how I see it.

I don't get why you are saying that - no one has ever said we don't know how the car is operating - we are just saying it is doing something that is unnecessary. We are not imagining anything other than making our own subjective determination of how we would like it to work.

Being "necessary" and operating as programmed are too different things. Are you a programmer? I am and I can certainly program something that is unnecessary to an objective. Maybe it is due to limitations I have as a programmer or because of system components. But it can both be unnecessary and operate as I intended. If you disagree, please look up the word necessary.

I agree it is a correct response as programmed, but it can still be unnecessary and the fact is, it still braked. So the statement made is still true on both accounts.

Try not to let yourself get bothered by Knightshade when he's being cunty like this. Clearly he has a substantial stake in Tesla stock or something because his views are dangerously biased and no one is allowed to have an opinion that does not echo his own.

• Disagree
Reactions: Knightshade
Try not to let yourself get bothered by Knightshade when he's being cunty like this. Clearly he has a substantial stake in Tesla stock or something because his views are dangerously biased and no one is allowed to have an opinion that does not echo his own.

Your inability to offer any argument beyond personal attack- as well as your inability to understand the difference between fact and opinion- both get to join your inability to correctly guess the contents of my stock portfolio I guess.

At least you're consistent, even if it's consistently wrong :)

Your inability to offer any argument beyond personal attack- as well as your inability to understand the difference between fact and opinion- both get to join your inability to correctly guess the contents of my stock portfolio I guess.

At least you're consistent, even if it's consistently wrong :)

You're nothing but a troll that is incapable of respecting that other people have opinions and expectations that differ from your own.

Try not to let yourself get bothered by Knightshade

I appreciate that - I don't. He tries to be a master-obfuscator using partial quotes to try to make his point and continues to regurgitate the same viewpoint without any ability to see other's perspectives. He just tries to get under people's skins. If I didn't have a slow day at work, I would have stopped responding to his incessant drivel a long time ago. But I was just having some fun. :rolleyes:

You appear to be regurgitating the obvious -- . I agree the Tesla is a safe car--probably the safest. == I did buy the car for my family to use (not me--this is not my daily driver). The risk of injury, death etc in collisions has so many variables and Help me understand why Tesla has 0-60 mph cars in 1.9 seconds. Yah that really safe in the wrong hands.

My post is about being charged for something I did not buy not about all the stuff you are bringing up. If you think a company should have power to this you are wrong and brainwashed or possibly an employee or SH. When my VISA gets refunded I will post the image

... and for the record I did not buy this car because it is electric

PS: you like being a bully. Why don't you go to the playground and pick on some little children it might make you feel better about yourself

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
Status
Not open for further replies.