Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhhh, as an engineer who worked on quantum physics so you have a flash drive to work with your sentry mode, i find it hard to believe visible warping causes by the defroster. Something is definitely wrong.

It’s possible though as temperature gradient is higher due to the glass being laminated glass instead of single one. But visible warping caused by that is unlikely since you need quite a “curve” to form to make it visible. Maybe you got some air gaps trapped between the layers and they expand/contract.

It doesn’t seem like you are looking for help here. Only help we can provide is “ go to the service Center and get it fixed under warranty.”

good luck
Yeah, I'm not sure what warps exactly. But it's there. Caused by defroster lines in the window. I will take a picture next time. I was checking it yesterday, thinking of a better angle to show the warp. It's consistently happening around the defroster lines. When defroster is off I don't don't see any issues, air gaps or whatever.

Just to add, there are a few people here (for example @MP3Mike who diligently follows my posts to disagree with them ;)) who strongly believe that all these changes are just made up by Tesla employees and not official Tesla policy. Sadly, even if those people were right (though I am still not clear what makes an official Tesla policy vs. one enforced by Tesla employees), it makes no difference to a customer when they are refused warranty coverage, or when Tesla is charging their credit card for supercharging and refusing to wave those charges.

MP3Mike is just a silly royal ass.

pro-tip: if you don't want to look like a troll, don't come on to a forum (probably populated by "fan boys") complaining of poor quality, with nothing to backup your claim, and not expect to receive a negative response. if you were expecting a pitch-fork response, maybe try posting in a politically biased forum instead?

as others have pointed out, your issues will need to be addressed by a service center. not every vehicle is perfect and if you have repeat issues with your car, you should look in to the lemon laws in your area. additionally moisture on the glass can give the impression that your line of vision is warped. maybe next time try using a towel to wipe the area to confirm.

your self-righteous attitude towards others isn't going to get you far in life. try taking a step back in order to decide why you're so angry. remember, if you run in to an a-hole in the morning, you ran in to an a-hole. if you run in to a-holes all day long, you're the a-hole.

have a nice day frand!

I have never heard of such a thing in a Tesla or any other car. My first thought is that water is involved somewhere - maybe OP is using the defroster to de-frost, a little melts at the lines first, so what's observed is simple refraction through the water versus warping of glass.

Given the argumentative nature and lack of pictures to prove a rather outlandish claim, this smells like another troll post.

I have never heard of such a thing in a Tesla or any other car. My first thought is that water is involved somewhere - maybe OP is using the defroster to de-frost, a little melts at the lines first, so what's observed is simple refraction through the water versus warping of glass.

Given the argumentative nature and lack of pictures to prove a rather outlandish claim, this smells like another troll post.

Or an asshole, who's pissed off because they have a problem, which makes them be even more of an asshole.
Or somebody normally reasonable, who becomes an asshole when pissed off.

More generally, insulting people who ask a question out of ignorance is wrong, the attitude should be like this:

Ten Thousand

(There's one for every occasion).

It's possible that the OP's rear windshield has flaws so it's subject to warping, or that the rear defroster has a flaw which leads to overheating, which leads to warping, or a combination of the two.

I think I recall seeing a picture of damage in the corner of a rear defroster where it got too hot.

pro-tip: if you don't want to look like a troll, don't come on to a forum (probably populated by "fan boys") complaining of poor quality, with nothing to backup your claim, and not expect to receive a negative response. if you were expecting a pitch-fork response, maybe try posting in a politically biased forum instead?

as others have pointed out, your issues will need to be addressed by a service center. not every vehicle is perfect and if you have repeat issues with your car, you should look in to the lemon laws in your area. additionally moisture on the glass can give the impression that your line of vision is warped. maybe next time try using a towel to wipe the area to confirm.

your self-righteous attitude towards others isn't going to get you far in life. try taking a step back in order to decide why you're so angry. remember, if you run in to an a-hole in the morning, you ran in to an a-hole. if you run in to a-holes all day long, you're the a-hole.

have a nice day frand!

Thanks for your input. It's amazing how Trump can *sugar* on everyone and become a president and I can't be a bit rude about stupid responses. Some sensitive people here, ready to defend and patronize.

I agree I need to take a picture to have more proof. I have it planned for this weekend. Stay tuned.

I will disregard your suggestion about "moisture on the glass" as you clearly did not think that one through and just thought about water and warping. As I said before warping happens across ALL defroster lines. It means everywhere where the the defroster lines are. Do you honestly think that I would not notice and connect moisture/water presence to the issue?

By the way I'm not angry, I'm just very demanding. The fact that you sense anger might have something to do with your own issues.

Or an asshole, who's pissed off because they have a problem, which makes them be even more of an asshole.
Or somebody normally reasonable, who becomes an asshole when pissed off.

More generally, insulting people who ask a question out of ignorance is wrong, the attitude should be like this:

Ten Thousand

(There's one for every occasion).

It's possible that the OP's rear windshield has flaws so it's subject to warping, or that the rear defroster has a flaw which leads to overheating, which leads to warping, or a combination of the two.

I think I recall seeing a picture of damage in the corner of a rear defroster where it got too hot.

Thanks, you are the most level-headed one so far. Not following a random link by the way. Might want to copy/paste. In my book ignorance is not an excuse for spam or pointless posts. If you lack capacity to think and provide valuable input you should not post. Sometimes light insult gives you a nice idea of how confident people are and how much they think of themselves and if they take *sugar* too seriously. Also assuming that lack of proof makes someone a troll is also out of ignorance. Since you have no proof of trolling the post should be considered equally legit and trolling. I simply have no time to take a good picture (and lazy too).

Thanks about your input on overheating piece. Is there a way to check that in-house?

By the way I'm not angry, I'm just very demanding. The fact that you sense anger might have something to do with your own issues.
Being demanding on a free internet forum regularly correlates to real life angry assholes. Attacking people who question your partial information that's never been observed anywhere else adds further support to the troll supposition.

Are you really claiming that these wires get so hot as to warp glass, and then when it cools, it goes back to the original shape? You imply some proficiency in physics, yet this observation of perfectly inelastic deformation doesn't amaze you?

Being demanding on a free internet forum regularly correlates to real life angry assholes. Attacking people who question your partial information that's never been observed anywhere else adds further support to the troll supposition.

Are you really claiming that these wires get so hot as to warp glass, and then when it cools, it goes back to the original shape? You imply some proficiency in physics, yet this observation of perfectly inelastic deformation doesn't amaze you?

I'm simply looking through the glass and describing what I see. You are right it doesn't amaze me, hence the post. =). I'm worried about it cracking sometime down the road and I won't be able to prove it's not my fault. Bottom line it looks like glass warp. What really warps I don't care. I don't even really care that it makes the view unclear, it's not a show stopper. And by the way, glass is elastic.

My guess Tesla decided to go with thinner glass to save weight. And never even theorized on this issue.

@T.R.T.e.s.l.a. You should delete that, eliciting a reaction like yours is why certain people act they way they do. This thread is a discussion of facts and reactions like that don't add to it - in fact the sort of thing you dislike has a purpose that goes beyond just seeking out attention like yours. There are people who desire to have this entire thread deleted because they don't like what the facts say about Tesla - don't aid them in that endeavor by entertaining off topic attempts to create strife. I can't see who you are referring to specifically, but it's probably one of a predictable few that are permitted to keep stirring the pot. You can choose to have your buttons pushed, or choose to respond with facts. Or not at all; often no response is the appropriate response to people that seek out reactions like yours.

Agreed! Just block those fools and lets continue our discussion as we await Father Time and some news on the mediation and next steps.

If you lack capacity to think and provide valuable input you should not post. Sometimes light insult gives you a nice idea of how confident people are and how much they think of themselves and if they take *sugar* too seriously.
you must be new to the internet. i bet you post a lot of political insights and religious bias on your social media in hopes of swaying your "friend" to your rationale and expansive insight.

the amount of speculation, misinformation and attacking in this thread is mind boggling. i don't get the need to be so defensive with every post.

Also assuming that lack of proof makes someone a troll is also out of ignorance. Since you have no proof of trolling the post should be considered equally legit and trolling. I simply have no time to take a good picture (and lazy too).
and herein lies your problem. we don't want proof, we want to help. you have not provided a bit useful information aside from "it looks warped to me, everyone else is a moron!" you're classifying a problem (your first post) over broad assumptions of an inferior product (from a company that has the highest satisfaction rating of ANY company in the history of ever) and expect a sympathetic ear.

it's easy. we (the forum) want to help (typically). you have a low post count, often-times bashing the company without sources and your posts are mostly defensive. if you create a thread and act like an ass, you're going to be treated like an ass.

you must be new to the internet. i bet you post a lot of political insights and religious bias on your social media in hopes of swaying your "friend" to your rationale and expansive insight.

the amount of speculation, misinformation and attacking in this thread is mind boggling. i don't get the need to be so defensive with every post.

and herein lies your problem. we don't want proof, we want to help. you have not provided a bit useful information aside from "it looks warped to me, everyone else is a moron!" you're classifying a problem (your first post) over broad assumptions of an inferior product (from a company that has the highest satisfaction rating of ANY company in the history of ever) and expect a sympathetic ear.

it's easy. we (the forum) want to help (typically). you have a low post count, often-times bashing the company without sources and your posts are mostly defensive. if you create a thread and act like an ass, you're going to be treated like an ass.

It's nice to meet you (the forum). You make no sense and provide no useful info on the matter.

It's nice to meet you (the forum). You make no sense and provide no useful info on the matter.

I like this forum a lot. Got a lot of useful info. I honestly think everyone is trying to help until you talked about failing physics at school. I’m kind of immune to that cause I’m an engineer working in that field. But it’s not very nice to judge others intelligence. Different people are good at different things. Academics is only one aspect of intelligence. The smartest person I know isn’t so good at school.

But anyhow, I doubt if anyone can help even if you have a picture to show. I mean, if it’s a glass defect, I suggest going back to SC to get some warranty work done. Do it before the warranty expires else it’ll cost you. I had a windshield on my old Subaru replaced and without insurance it’ll cost 1500 Canadian. Imagine how much replacing the gigantic rear glass would cost you.

I just had a warranty work done with my driver window seal. It’s mobile service and the guy is on time, quick and nice. SC is really busy, but Mobile service is awesome. Attached a pic of the problem

Attachments

• 6750F766-D904-4B6F-8672-07C32A779BB2.jpeg
    6750F766-D904-4B6F-8672-07C32A779BB2.jpeg
    333.1 KB · Views: 44
I like this forum a lot. Got a lot of useful info. I honestly think everyone is trying to help until you talked about failing physics at school. I’m kind of immune to that cause I’m an engineer working in that field. But it’s not very nice to judge others intelligence. Different people are good at different things. Academics is only one aspect of intelligence. The smartest person I know isn’t so good at school.

But anyhow, I doubt if anyone can help even if you have a picture to show. I mean, if it’s a glass defect, I suggest going back to SC to get some warranty work done. Do it before the warranty expires else it’ll cost you. I had a windshield on my old Subaru replaced and without insurance it’ll cost 1500 Canadian. Imagine how much replacing the gigantic rear glass would cost you.

I just had a warranty work done with my driver window seal. It’s mobile service and the guy is on time, quick and nice. SC is really busy, but Mobile service is awesome. Attached a pic of the problem
What's interesting is that written text is perceived differently by different people. Like degree of emotion that the author put in the text. Let me explain why I responded the way I did. The person expressed ignorance, laziness and stupidity in one sentence. These days with google at your fingers questions like "Where is Africa?" don't make sense. Hence the response. I'm not sure why I responded in the first place. Usually I ignore people like that. And it was more of a joke than insult.

Thank's for the info on the door seal. Mine looks exactly like yours in the picture. Did it get replaced or fixed?

What's interesting is that written text is perceived differently by different people. Like degree of emotion that the author put in the text. Let me explain why I responded the way I did. The person expressed ignorance, laziness and stupidity in one sentence. These days with google at your fingers questions like "Where is Africa?" don't make sense. Hence the response. I'm not sure why I responded in the first place. Usually I ignore people like that. And it was more of a joke than insult.

Thank's for the info on the door seal. Mine looks exactly like yours in the picture. Did it get replaced or fixed?

For the door glass seal, they replaced my left side. He used heat gun to fix the right one, which is a lot more minor.

I saw a “article” on my Apple stock app, and I’ve no idea what it’s supposed to be about. Tried googling, but didn’t see anything related.

edit: also, don’t want to give FUD a click.

View attachment 508880

saw the same story on Jalopnik (which haaaaaaates Tesla, they trash it almost daily) and they were making a really big deal of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.