Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look back in this thread for mortality by age group. Public health officials tend to tally a measure called years of life lost. The notion is that if an average person lives to e.g. 85 years old but is killed by a disease at age 80 then 5 years of life were lost. If the person was 25 when killed by a disease then 60 life years were lost.

If you want to compare to influenza then take into account the different mortality by age group and the different infectivity rates by age group.

Maybe you were Googling, but you can’t just throw out a term like YLL. BTW, not all public health dept use YLL reporting method. There’s specific instances of when YLL is studied. You can’t compare it to a standard mortality rate calculation and say one is better. Different tools for different research purposes.

Maybe you were Googling, but you can’t just throw out a term like YLL. BTW, not all public health dept use YLL reporting method. There’s specific instances of when YLL is studied. You can’t compare it to a standard mortality rate calculation and say one is better. Different tools for different research purposes.
Blah blah blah

Does it matter to you if you die today or if you die when you are 85 ?
Would dying today or say 15 years ago make any difference to you ?

Actually, it is right on cue.

A queue is a line or a long strand of braided hair. The verb usage is to form a line or to braid hair.

A cue is a prompt to recite lines or to start something up.

I now return you to your regularly-scheduled contretemps.
Hey thanks for that correction. Good point. Made you feel good too right? ;)

Now, back to your regularly scheduled doomsday cult meetings.

That is really generous of you to take the time and effort to write all of that. Well written.

Have you ever thought he is just might be doing a (his) job

Just trying to give BHZ an opportunity to present his perceptions and values to the rest of us. Clearly, his sarcasm in the rating he awarded proves that he has no intent of participating beyond his hackneyed responses.

It never occurred to me that a person would be employed to do such a thing. Then, perhaps BHZ is on other online groups that support the chemtrail conspiracy theories, Hillary's sale of uranium to China, sovereign citizens, Constitutional sheriffs, and federal ownership of land being limited to forts, ports, and courts.

You have so many inaccurate statements in here... It's just not worth time to explain why.

I think a Tesla is NOT the vehicle for you... and that's OK. There are plenty of other vehicles that may meet your needs. I'm sure you'll find that fits your needs.
I hate people like you. It's such a narcissistic perspective to say that the car isn't for him because Tesla erroneously removed a perfectly reasonable feature that was previously on their cars and can be found on most other vehicles sold today. They really shouldn't have removed any of the radios but at the very least the car should have an FM radio. It was like when Elon Musk had them remove the interior lights because people have lights on their cellphones and he only put the interior lights back into the cars when his son complained that he couldn't read a book without the interior light. I just hate how some people can act as though if the car is perfect for them, any other outside thoughts or ideas are erroneous and irrelevant.

I hate that Tesla has adopted Apple's philosophy of 'tough *sugar*' in response to removing features just for the sake of simplicity. This is just another headphone jack moment. For those who don't use it, they don't care but for those who do use it, they really really care but that falls on deaf ears for those who don't use it. This mentality is the reason I'm still on V8 with my 2012 Model S and it doesn't help they're now threatening to cut off cellular service if I don't update by May of 2020. V8 was the last version I was willing to tolerate as it allowed me to switch screens with the camera and energy graphs or other info instead of having that stupid map continuously running in the background hogging a part of the screen. I understand the idea behind copying Apple to make a cool product and sell a car with very high margins to people but that doesn't mean you have to copy everything Apple does. Apple could be a lot better company to its customers and still make loads of money but their corporate culture's indifference to customer concerns is the main reason I hate them as a company and it's sad that Tesla would copy some of Apple's worst traits.

Status
Not open for further replies.