Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said the charger could handle 1000kW. I said "unless four cars show up at exactly the same moment at very low states of charge" you won't be restricted.

Which clearly indicates that 1000kW is not possible.

The 250kW charge rate drops rather quickly. At best, you start at 5% and have the 250kW rate for 15% of the charge. Let's see - 15% of 75kWh = 11.25 kW. At 250 kW, you charge at max rate for 2.7 minutes. Then it's 10 minutes to add an additional 40%/30kWh to get to 60% where you are drawing 110kW. See how quickly it drops off? The last 30% of the charge (22.5kWh) takes 18 minutes, as your charge rate evenly declines to 40kW

Unless Model 3 LR show up at 5% SOC faster than every 8 minutes, the charger can handle it.

You're more likely to be limited by a V3 charger that isn't working properly, than an actual charging load.

Smathew said :"....I never said the charger could handle 1000kW. ...." That's right... you said, "...The limit with v3 chargers is the size of the transformer. Even at locations without the transformer capacity to deliver 1000 kWh, charging won't be restricted".

CHIEF: 2 - 350 kva loads (again, what the nameplate plainly states) can easily run off a 750 kva pad transformer, which is what NYSEG supplied. 1000 kva wouldn't have helped much at all. Again, The branch circuit rating (and breaker tripping point) is the limitation. But your statements, are, no offense, nonsense since there is more to this simple circuit than a big green box.

Of course, given time, even a $12 10 va bell transformer for a door bell buzzer can deliver 1000 kwh.

But one thing that is ABSOUTELY INCORRECT is the thought that the power company's transformer limits anything....

You say you didn't say it - of course it is difficult for readers to determine which statements you say that we're supposed to remember and which other ones you deny when you are shown you don't have familiarity with this stuff.

• Disagree
Reactions: smatthew
Reactions: MP3Mike

Don't worry, there's still time and since everyone is saying this will get worse before it gets better, don't lose hope.

I'm assuming you're joking. Whether you like him or not, the President of the United States getting sick and going into intensive care would not be good.

Yes, yes it would. If this is the best currently US citizens can elect... yes, it would be great!

So My delivery was scheduled for tomorrow the 14th (P-MY - Los Angeles) and Tesla called and told me they have to delay until the end of the month.
Told me that because its a 1gen product it needs to go through a extra inspection phase for quality assurance and that this was always the case and that the delivery appointment was made in error?!

Needless to say I'm incredibly disappointed. (first world problems) I already payed for the car! I am super laid back about stuff like this but this really puts me out.

Anyone else get delayed?

This is what Tesla calls a "financial delivery". They collect your money at the end of the quarter and then cancel the delivery. They did this with the Model 3 too. Helps their reported cash balance. It's intentional. You should file a complaint with your AG.

If you're so concerned over range, get 17" wheels.

Why not go a step further with your approach to solutions, kpeng, and just jump off a cliff? That would solve both range and any other issues.

Or, you could go back to idea of finding removable aero covers for 19" rims so you can still have nice, uncovered 19" rims for around town and then put aero covers on for better range on long trips.

Mswloco, China poor health standards and totalitarian regime first started the pandemic, covered it up and finally cocked some bs numbers to mud the waters and add insults to devastating damages and lost of lifes of our family and friends across the globe.

Now, you are telling me that we should learn from them? I would send you back to China in a split second and lock you up good by cancelling all visas to every single chinese forever.

Enjoy your expensive bat soup!

It is only going to get worse and bother you. Trust me. Personally I would say go buy from another company if you want clear honest communication but I understand why you'd be excited to buy a Tesla. Cars are overall pretty great but can't say the same for the company.
el oh el ! get the eff outta here troll. all your messages are jerking oil companies off all over this forum.

• Disagree
Reactions: EVDRVN and S3XY
Sclew has the expensive ones, with stainless steel brackets and polyurethane material. Those are $200.
What you bought is cheap generic hard plastic with a logo that won't last more than a couple of cold winters, and is mounted to the liner up top, so it will be just as secure as the liner, that is it will rattle. Those are better than the Chinese crap in OP in a sense that they won't scratch up the paint, but they look worse and still likely damage the paint along the edge of the wheel well.
Wow. You should talk about something you know about. I've been using RA's for 35+ years and never had any of the problems you describe. The emblem is embossed, it'll never wear off and only idiots mount to the metal edge. The plastic is identical. 7K mis. and no paint wear and... Rattles?!? Dude, non existent. OP likes the RAs and some of us are giving honest input, not biased BS. Thanks for trying

Status
Not open for further replies.