Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s your response?

Nothing to say about your OWN comments, and screenshots, and google maps literally SHOWING you you’re wrong?

LMAO! I love the internet. I remember when people would try to use facts to support their position. Now some think using emojis makes them right, lol.

Enjoy that speed restricted ride down divided highway 53 that you said doesn’t happen sir! HAHAHAHA! (Below, just in case you forgot)

thy appears (in the picture) to be a divided hwy, which had never been held to any speed limit max (other than 90mph) on TACC or AutoPilot.

• Funny
Reactions: boonedocks
G
That’s your response?

Nothing to say about your OWN comments, and screenshots, and google maps literally SHOWING you you’re wrong?

LMAO! I love the internet. I remember when people would try to use facts to support their position. Now some think using emojis makes them right, lol.

Enjoy that speed restricted ride down divided highway 53 that you said doesn’t happen sir! HAHAHAHA! (Below, just in case you forgot)
GoodGrief you are as dense as they come. I can help you with your ignorance of the facts but not stupidity or plain hard headedness whichever it is.

No it isn’t. Sometimes it’s 5 mph above and other times it’s way above. See my post history, I reported it before. Same road, same day.

I've seen this too (typically 5 mph above). It's rare and not repeatable. Seems the code to restrict to the speed limit is buggy.

But then it's also blazed through stop signs despite claiming it was going to stop. It's like it's beta or something o_O.

As far as all the "well technically" nonsense going on in this thread about if the Model 3 has a heat pump already; the layperson would define the cabin climate control as an AC and not a Heat Pump and calling the AC a heat pump because you have a BSME and it pumps heat is only confusing the situation. The current Model 3 uses resistive heating for the cabin, the Model Y doesn't, and the Model 3 will get what the Model Y has which will result in an increase in official range numbers and probably a bit of a price increase.
As @SigNC put on display above, fixating on the A/C being NOT a heat pump [which is moving heat from the cabin into the coolant lines] leads them to being incorrectly convinced (to the point of denial of the text right in the official parts manuals) that there isn't a refrigerant compressor in the Model 3, and thus a lack of comprehension of the similarities (and the accompanying differences) between the Model 3 and Model Y.

Lack of fundamental physics underlying A/C, that it is really just a limited version of a heat pump, that yeah the century long+ of refrigeration is really just a heat pump working in a particular direction (initially refrigeration just treated the atmosphere as the "reservoir" of where the heat goes), leads to confusion.

Pigheadedly insisting on that it is so very different is what kept them there so long (no idea if they came around to understanding or just went away).

They just have to settle on which parts to share to optimize costing, source the materials in the era of Covid shutdowns, and make the change. I would put money on them having already figured out the cost optimized design changes and probable even already planned the changes to the production line. They probably have logistics nailed down too since it would just be more of the same stuff and their suppliers will be starting back up and ramping up. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens before Labor Day, but I also wouldn't be surprised if something comes up and it doesn't happen until Q1-2021. I would be absolutely shocked if Q1-2021 ended without Model 3s rolling off the line with heat pumps.
It is going to be a fairly major change in the Model 3 production line, because they have to move a much of stuff around under there. Q1 2021 strikes me as rather optimistic with all the work they'll be doing to try get the Model Y production online. Plus holding off lets them collect real world data to refine the system (and the production cost) before copying it over.

And even after that, "want to save energy on heating, buy a Y". There's a new cash flow cow coming to town, and its average selling price is going to be higher than the Model 3's line for some time.

Last edited:
kpeng loves you all.

Apparently you don’t love me. I can’t believe you spent the time to disagree with 247 of my posts all because I disagreed with one of yours because I find you a bit obnoxious. Anyway, I’m blocking you now. Bye.

E2080CC1-F6EB-40CC-8FB7-BFEE89ECC9DD.jpeg

and has clearly articulated they do not care for the lives and safety of Tesla owners
That is complete and utter BS; said poster never said anything of the sort. But you are an expert at misinterpreting and twisting people's words into bizarre and perverse conclusions, bordering on libel. I was a victim of it when you accused Tesla and me of committing a felony earlier in this thread (for which you never apologized, BTW). But since the posts were shuttled off to Snippiness 2.0, I'll refrain from further details.

When asked about your safety, that person stated honestly "I don't care about you in the least." And then of course there's this: Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019-2020 Investors' Roundtable

We all know why they are here. It's not because they care about you in the least, and they have shared their motivations elsewhere.

Was that you? Wow, I thought you'd figured it out finally. Nobody ever accused you of committing felonies. You're the victim, you still haven't figured it out? Go back and reread when you made that mistake before, your mistakes are eating you up inside and learning what you were taught will help you get over those embarrassments you can't get past.

Apology accepted, it was absurd of you to make such strange accusations. I offer mine as well, I never intended to confuse you this much educating you on how Tesla had harmed you more than most of us and it's been eating you up for months - I can't relieve the stomach ulcer pains but I hope realizing why you were always incorrect will help you avoid more from that silly mistake. Your twisting their crime into somehow being yours does explain the odd reaction you had. Mike disagrees of course, he always thinks you're to blame I guess.

Last edited:
Wow, I am very done nitpicking a week-old conversation. If you have something productive to add to this thread, then please do so. Otherwise, I've lost interest in playing your silly games.
I'm just holding you accountable for a false accusation you made against someone. I consider that a right thing to do--not a game. I'm fine if you want to take it back and drop it, though.

• Disagree
Reactions: Janus
Lol, it's that kind of ignorant response that makes you a soft target. Do a little math and maybe 2-3GB a month might mean something. Do you even know the frequency of the polling or are you going to talk like you have a clue?

What does a car have to do with a gateway discussion? Since you brought it up last I checked Tesla also had a cabin camera too, what could they possibly need that data for. You assume I drive a Tesla and care for a half baked autopilot.

You continue to do you.

• Disagree
Reactions: kayak1 and Janus
Sorry, whiner dude. Other than a small smudge that was quickly buffed out and a dirty wheel rim, the car was perfect. You hear that, REELER? PERFECT.

(This is my third Tesla, and my M3 was a very early, low VIN 2017; also delivered nearly perfect with a trim piece scratch and overspray on the windshield.)

I totally sympathize with those that have major problems, and indeed agree with rejecting those, but I guess I have a different definition of "major problem" than some of you.

Anyway, sorry again, REELER. You're wrong. At least one MY is perfect, so it can't be ALL MYs. :p

Reactions: DennyL
OK, so you have figured the range is less than you thought. Does this mean you can't make it from work to home? Or are you just complaining for fun? I imagine you can figure out how to live with paying a small fraction of what you paid for gas and oil and maintenance on that BMW, and the 3 goes quicker. OR YOU CAN SELL IT and make someone very happy, as you drive your burner.

No money for gas or oil or maintenance on the BMW, idiot, it was an EV and it lived up to the EPA range estimate. That is why I am so disappointed in the Tesla only delivering about 70%.

Opinions are like cell phones, everyone has one. Even trailer park Republicans on the government dole..........meaning respect for opinions and respect for a human being are different things..........

More insults. Stuff like this is why people that sit in the middle like me, keep turn more and more right. At least make the insults worth while, trailer parkers love their free stuff. They tend to favor democrats.

• Funny
Reactions: dfwatt
Status
Not open for further replies.