Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, did you need someone to explain the elementary basics to you? Were those the *best* augments that you had?

Trolls are going to troll... ;)

Got me. Nine years hanging out. Own an X, EV advocate locally, and a car “guy”. This equals a troll? people are allowed to disagree, without receiving insults. Makes for a better world. Hopefully you can appreciate the differences.
Yes, I see that, but on a really long road trip , most people’s hands will be top...middle..bottom. Essentially everywhere.
As a person who really likes driving, I rarely even use cruise control...and have engaged autopilot once ..just to see what the deal was.

Will someone just hand @smithrukami his “I moved the goalposts enough that I feel like I proved someone wrong on the Internet” trophy so he can stop hijacking this thread with arguments about the specific intentions of used car dealers?

On topic:
I’m really wresting with whether I should purchase a Model Y right now. When I ordered on 5/15 then absolutely it made sense; it seems like it will fit my driving situation, the acceleration and quietness is fantastic, and even though I don’t plan to get FSD, autopilot worked great for me. Then the cars were hampered with a 75mph cruise control limit (which will not match the flow of traffic around here). Then the NHTSA pulled the safety-feature test results (which raises my insurance rates about 20%). Then they pulled lumbar from the passenger seat (which I don’t particularly care about, but my wife commented on it several times during the test drives, so it’s just another kick while we’re already feeling down). I still have my order in (EDD July/August), but I don’t need a car right now due to work-from-home being extended at least a few more months, so it’s not quite so clear what I should do.

Honestly, if the autopilot can reach feature parity with what it was when I test drove, and the safety feature “checkboxes” come back, then there’s no doubt in my mind that this is a good time to order. Otherwise, maybe I should wait for those to happen and see what other changes Tesla makes in the meantime.

What is your problem @AnselmDante ? Any non P Tesla come with metal pedals before? Or are you just a literal fool?
Wow, you went from zero to asshole faster than a Plaid. The LR comes with aluminum pedals. You told someone who was asking about it that he can buy them and install them if he cares. All I did was click "disagree" to your comment, because he will not have to buy them. It comes with them.

No, I said they previously didn't come that way and explained what people did before. I did not know LR now come with them and I would like to hear from an LR owner who takes delivery since it isn't in my MVOA and it was listed as a line item feature in P cars before.
Well at least you didn't overreact by insulting forum members, confident of your level of knowledge. Someone doing things like that would come off as a literal fool.

The phantom braking reports I’ve seen are 100% related to TACC/AP/EAP/Autosteer/FSD modes, not the car on full manual slamming to an emergency halt for no reason.

You’re talking out of your ass and you’re too small to admit it. I get it. It’s okay. We all mature at different speeds. Your day will come.

Enjoy your model y. It’s a great car. Based on this thread I would highly recommend that you not disable the nanny systems. I think you need the help, however buggy it may be. See, I do care about your safety, as well as the safety of those in your path

Last edited:
What you don't realize is that I live in a small town of less than 2,000 people. Everybody knows everybody. No need for sentry mode here. Now if I were to drive to Boston, NYC, or even Seattle and park on the streets I would probably use it. I think that's called "situational awareness".
Then turn the fuc*** thing off. Don't complain that is too sensitive.

• Disagree
Reactions: T-Mom
What's so bullshit about my post mark95476? You think I'm lying?
I don't think you're lying but I think something is off with your initial reading; either it just wasn't accurate or you misread because EPA estimated range is 326 miles at 100%. 90% should be around 293 mi.

As jjrandorin said, it likely has to do with your charging regimen and what the computer sees, not with your actual battery capacity. My Y is showing 263 mi at 90%, likely because we rarely let the battery charge get very low or very high.

No it's not. There are many reasons why you would sell ONCE YOU HAVE A CONFIRMED VIN and delivery date. No garage and hoa that only lets you have one car in the driveway? Have another car and it costs money to park on the street? Don't want to pay insurance for both vehicles? Don't want to take a loan and get a credit hit, and would rather pay cash but don't want to sell investment vehicles? Seems pretty smart to get your affairs in order before taking delivery and it's pretty shitty of Tesla to assign a vin and then take it away unless there was something crazy like the car was destroyed, but better communication should have happened instead of finding out by your EDD changing and VIN disappearing. I bet there are very few people on this forum who will deny that pre-delivery Tesla has problems and to imagine that they don't is just being wilfully ignorant. Are you new to the internet? It's normal for someone who is mad about something to go to a forum about that something to lodge a complaint.

That said, sometimes a little empathy is in order instead of just being a dick. Though, with the position you're taking, I do find it funny that your signature has "A promise is a promise" on it.

JMHO
It's not your car until you've got the title in hand. I'm not being a dick, many people buy *sugar* they can't truly afford. Needing to sell your car before you have your new car is not a wise decision. Especially when you don't have a mode of transportation now.

Porsche and Audi may disagree with you. In Tesla, going from 80% to 95% is the matter of 20 minutes or so, when in the Mach-E it is the matter of hours (HOURS). Go buy an EV for yourself and hit the road, then you'll actually see the point SO16 makes.
you really are a presumptuous twit.
sure a tesla and any other EV will go from 80 to 90% in more than 20 minutes but my taycan will go from 10 to 80% in twenty minutes, the time it takes to top the battery off is what we were discussing.
stick to your anti ford neurosis

Why doesn't Tesla have rear cross traffic alert? Why doesn't Tesla have blind spot warning lights in the mirrors? Why doesn't Tesla have birds eye view when parking? Why doesn't Tesla have an instrument cluster in the 3 and Y? Why doesn't Tesla have x y or z?

Because they don't have too and they sell every car they produce on a waiting list.

Keith
Just take it or shut up; If that's your answer to everything then why do we have this forum?

Just take it or shut up; If that's your answer to everything then why do we have this forum?

To help people get answers to questions and such? Although, lots of people feel that forums are a place to rail at the moon, too, so there is that. Your thread title starts off pretty aggressive, so invites a similar response. Instead of "why does this suspension suck so bad"? You could have said something a lot less sensationalist and still gotten the message across, like "Suspension is too stiff for me, what are my options?"

Regarding suspensions, one persons "comfortable" is another persons "mushy". I have also driven BMWs, several, for almost 2 decades and in order to get a suspension "I" liked on them I had to get at LEAST their static sports suspension, or, on some models the adaptive suspension (which I had on my last 3 series and 4 series I got before my model 3).

I dont have a Y, I have a model 3 performance, and some people think the ride is rough, while others think its too soft. You can likely upgrade it to get something you want, aftermarket, as was pointed out by @Electric Dream. Its a mass market car, so no way to make everyone happy with something as subjective as ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.