Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it fascinating that @diplomat33 -- the guy that starts a forum thread for every PR stunt by Waymo/Cruise/et al -- would agree to categorize Tesla Autonomy day as "hype and nonsense"!

But he takes "autonomous driving very seriously" 🤡
View attachment 689529

Waymo, Cruise, Mobileye and others are legit AV companies with real FSD. So I share their FSD progress. You can be a fan of Tesla, that's fine. But you should not ignore the real FSD that other AV companies have!

And yes, I think AI Day will be a lot of hype just like Autonomy Day was. Remember how Elon promised 1M robotaxis by 2020. That was hype! It never happened. AI Day will basically be "Look at Dojo! Look at FSD Beta! Tesla is the only company solving vision and AI with big data! We will have 1M robotaixs by the end of this year! Come work for us." That's called hype!

There will not be dumbed down anything.
Go watch a Waymo presentation with @diplomat33 if you want dumbed down!

This is a Waymo presentation on 4D deep temporal scene understanding, end-to-end multi-view fusion for 3D object detection, Vision-only depth perception and 3D auto-labeling. Waymo presentations are definitely not dumbed down! LOL.

That's your right.

I do not respect @diplomat33 because he is blinded by shiny presentations and demos and when you point at valid criticism of - for example - Waymo failing at encountering a cone and then Waymo employees saying that Waymo goes around construction to begin with" (yet to @diplomat33 that is TRUE FSD), but will dismiss most things that Tesla excels at because it's still L2 (as if he never read what he was buying especially back in 2018).
That to me points to a person showing blind faith in a system he has never even tried. But he will mask it was BS reports from Cali DMV and such.

As I said above, I have 5 years on Autopilot... starting from AP1 going through ever iteration Tesla has to offer.
Tesla - like SpaceX - is not afraid to fail on an approach, and it is part of their MO - Fail fast, iterate and fail forward!

Watching the progress on my cars and the stated end goal of FSD at Tesla is what makes me keep buying the FSD package.

Stop with the personal attacks! This thread should be about AI Day not putting a poster's reputation on trial.

I do not have blind faith. I point out Waymo's failures. But Waymo has real FSD! Deal with it! Just because the car makes a mistake with the cones, does not mean that it is not real FSD.

I do not dismiss things that Tesla is good at. You have proved time and time again that you don't understand autonomous driving. You don't understand the difference between L2 and L4.

Funny that you accuse me of covering up for Waymo's cone failure, which I never did, while you ignore any videos where FSD Beta makes mistakes far worse than Waymo.

You have blind faith in Tesla. You believe Elon's lies. You refuse to look at any other companies' FSD progress. You only want to look at Karpathy videos. You ignore evidence when FSD Beta fails etc...

I respect @diplomat33 because he has always just followed the data and has evolved his opinion over time accordingly. No need to lump him in with the various bashers here...he's just calling balls and strikes, for the most part (2018):

Thanks.

Yeah, my position has evolved over time and I have tried to follow the data. Believe it not, back in 2018, I was much more of a FSD fanboy. I used to argue that Tesla was close to solving FSD. You can see in that quote that I was defending Tesla, arguing that I do believe a coast to coast will happen and that Tesla is close to releasing FSD. In fact, if you keep reading the thread, you will other posters arguing that I am "grasping at straws" tying to defend Tesla. Now, I am more of a "FSD skeptic" because I've seen that a lot of the data does not support Tesla's FSD claims. @Bladerskb can testify I am telling the truth because he used to attack me for my "fanboy" comments. I try to be fair. If Tesla releases real FSD (no driver supervision) then I will happily change my opinion.

Last edited:
- GLOBALLY that statistically saves many lives than a sandbox deployment of a few dozen cars.

In a tiny sandbox that has shadow cars following with techs to help it get unstuck. I know that "Real" I've watched the videos!

You are clueless!

Waymo has hundreds of autonomous cars, not a few dozen. Waymo has hardware and software capable of full autonomy. They have millions of autonomous miles all over the US, not just in a tiny sandbox. That is just where they opened up a driverless service to the public. The FSD is not perfect yet (nobody has perfect FSD) so sometimes the planning gets stuck. And Waymo uses remote assistance to help the FSD when it does get stuck.

Waymo uses remote assistance because the rides have no driver. But Tesla uses drivers to intervene. You don't have a problem with Tesla drivers intervene when FSD Beta makes a mistake but you ridicule Waymo when remote assistance has to help the car. Double standard!

Last edited:
My autonomous driving history: Autonomous Car Progress

I started on the other side... I was a Waymo fan way before I knew anything about Tesla -- let alone Autopilot.

Yeah, I know you are @mspisars. I know your history. You thought Waymo was going to give you your own personal robotaxi by 2017 and they didn't and Elon came around with his shiny promises of L5 so you jumped ship. Now, with Tesla's AP progress and Karpathy's presentations on vision-only, you think Tesla is the ticket and you have become hopelessly biased against Waymo.

• Disagree
Reactions: T-Mom and mikes_fsd
Yeah, I know you are @mspisars. I know your history. You thought Waymo was going to give you your own personal robotaxi by 2017 and they didn't and Elon came around with his shiny promises of L5 so you jumped ship. Now, with Tesla's AP progress and Karpathy's presentations on vision-only, you think Tesla is the ticket and you have become hopelessly biased against Waymo.
So did you guys stop to share a burger together back in the day, while you were passing one another on the path between Teslaville and Waymoland?

• Funny
Reactions: diplomat33
I finally got the upgrade with the FM radio ( they good willed the $500) I really only listen to 2 local stations the FM radio can't even keep the signal when I go to certain areas around where I live. So I still have a balance with SC I'm going to take out the fm turner myself bring it back say it sucks which it does $500 part made in Mexico cost tesla probably less than $20 and give me $500 credit towards my balance. I wonder what they are going to say? like I said in the beginning with the recall that they didn't want to do, it just snowballed from there with a lie turned into a story to cover their lie, now here we are, I don't know how to play chess I think there is a term checkmate or what ever game they want to play they will loose be they even start. have a beautiful day and all the ones to follow...I know I am.
Good luck with your scam

Reactions: brkaus
Good luck with your scam
yea scamming the scammers sounds like fun. really tesla going to have a rude awakening when all these millions of cars start to get old and end up in salvage yards with the parts available free of picking. im a diy person reparing my previous cars myself never paid for dealer service. So you can go to tesla service and pay them their ridiculous prices for labor and "their Parts" all you want I think they are scamming/ ripping you off just my opinion. I dont know how old you are but it sounds like you are still playing in the sandbox along with the costa mesa service center employees. like I said in the very beginning when this happened to me maybe I'm the only person it happened to idk but I said I have nothing to loose.

Yea it is Steve. No one said you had to sell here. You can, if you want. Or you can sell on eBay, or Craig’s List... Or Backpage. The world really is your oyster.

Oh cool, another post that demonstrates that you have no idea what the adults in the room are talking about. It's not about selling here. It's about the toxic nature of these posts and running off contributing members of the community that make this forum a beneficial place for users to be.

Instead, it ends up being far fewer members who all share the same mentality as you: screw everyone else, I'm a jerk because my parents didn't raise me right and, unlike my status in the real world, I get a false sense of superiority when I treat others like crap online behind the anonymity of a keyboard.

It's people like you who cause us to need rules in the first place. If people treated others with respect this sort of thing wouldn't be necessary to maintain civility.

Oh cool, another post that demonstrates that you have no idea what the adults in the room are talking about. It's not about selling here. It's about the toxic nature of these posts and running off contributing members of the community that make this forum a beneficial place for users to be.

Look, bob, I don’t go into the seller forums to often. So it doesn’t bother me. If you decide to do that, that is up to you. If you sell on eBay you have to pay fees, Craigslist is full of scams, and backdoor is a meat market. On this forum you have to deal with assholes. It’s the way it is. Nut up. For all your talk the exit is right over there.

Instead, it ends up being far fewer members who all share the same mentality as you: screw everyone else, I'm a jerk because my parents didn't raise me right and, unlike my status in the real world, I get a false sense of superiority when I treat others like crap online behind the anonymity of a keyboard.

It's people like you who cause us to need rules in the first place. If people treated others with respect this sort of thing wouldn't be necessary to maintain civility.

There is a mirror needed between those two paragraphs, Jeffery. I would gladly talk crap to your face aswell, let’s FaceTime it out.

You are dumb. I own two Teslas while you are cry and moan and want to scam Tesla.
like I said I'm not scamming Tesla how would anybody scam a huge company like that. They tried to cover themselves over a simple Tscreen replacement not even a replacement a credit towards the mcu upgrade. I had purchased the Tscreen just a week prior and they lied when they said they mentioned the upgrade to me then which they DID NOT. so if you think I'm scamming them idk where your coming from. 5 employees covering up for each other I have all the texts, emails to prove it. Im stil playing along with whatever there trying to play call it what you want.

like I said I'm not scamming Tesla how would anybody scam a huge company like that. They tried to cover themselves over a simple Tscreen replacement not even a replacement a credit towards the mcu upgrade. I had purchased the Tscreen just a week prior and they lied when they said they mentioned the upgrade to me then which they DID NOT. so if you think I'm scamming them idk where your coming from. 5 employees covering up for each other I have all the texts, emails to prove it. Im stil playing along with whatever there trying to play call it what you want.
and you own 2 Tesla's you would think to show them in your profile pic someway instead of whatever your trying to depict pink floyd on acid in front of a drawing of a hand with middle finger pointing? what 2 models Tesla's do you own?

• Disagree
Reactions: T-Mom and Flip'nT's
Status
Not open for further replies.