Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The new iOS app version 4.0.0 looks nice, quite different.

Quite interesting to see both the status of car and powerwall together in the profile.

The car side was pretty easy to pickup...

Powerwall though... Inside Energy, I haven't worked out how to toggle the solar/usage/battery on one graph as yet, it seems to just toggle.
Our powerwall is on v 21.20.6, not sure if 21.31.0 has been released for Australia yet
can't wait to hear Pauli's' take on how its the worst most reckless software update ever and that Tesla should be sued into having their licenses taken away 😂

• Funny
Reactions: M109Rider
It was a way to poke fun at how much quicker it'd be to find the answer with a quick google search rather than creating your own thread and waiting for a response. Do you, though.
The answer I received was very thorough and helpful. Much more so than your comment, to be frank. And no, it would not be quicker to Google it as the question was very unclear.

I don't know. It seemed this was a friendly place for help and discussion. Perhaps I misread the purpose of the forum.

The answer I received was very thorough and helpful. Much more so than your comment, to be frank. And no, it would not be quicker to Google it as the question was very unclear.

I don't know. It seemed this was a friendly place for help and discussion. Perhaps I misread the purpose of the forum.

I don't know, I got 49,500,000 results in 0.48 seconds from Google. Seems quicker than the 660 seconds it took to receive a response on the forum. I know, jerk response...but it's true.

1630009729405.png

I don't know, I got 49,500,000 results in 0.48 seconds from Google. Seems quicker than the 660 seconds it took to receive a response on the forum. I know, jerk response...but it's true.

View attachment 701730
I didn't know it what it was called, and google is not, in fact, all knowing when the question is unclear.

I guess it is becoming more and more obvious that this forum is not intended to be helpful or kind.

Banned member back again?
This is like a horror movie. Never hear this is amount of complains from BMW or Mercedes or Honda, but moreover style and response how this is Service centers handle customers request- ridiculous. They simply don't care. I don't tell it's a 100%, but if 30-40% for whole North America it's a lot. Sad.
guy above was banned and I wouldn’t listen to him.

Cute. When see responses like this I know there is little behind the keyboard.

In statistics, it called a step event, it's not a line, but then again everything looks like a nail to this thread. What happened at this point?

View attachment 702125
I hope my response was useful to you. However, @Dave EV 's point was that initial capacity loss tends to be steep, and then it levels out. That's just what is always seen, in aggregate, for EVs. (There are of course exceptions for individual vehicles.)

Regarding this step you see: No one outside of Tesla knows exactly how the BMS in the Tesla works. However, it's periodically determining the "CAC," calculated amp-hour capacity, and adjusting the range based on the minimum value of this in your bricks (each brick has a different CAC, but the minimum CAC brick limits your pack available energy since they are in series). How often this is updated is unclear, and how it adjusts is unclear. My impression is that it often tends to make "step changes," for whatever reason. Whether that is because they build in some sort of hysteresis, or long-term averaging, I do not know. What I do know and have seen myself is that I saw these step changes (on the order of 1-1.5kWh), which are likely not exactly physical, but rather represent a periodic "update" to the state of your pack - meaning you might have been gradually losing capacity for a bit and then the BMS updates its estimate and you "see" it.

However, the BMS algorithms and update methods are always changing, so what I saw with my car 1-2 years ago when I was losing capacity, may no longer apply (in addition you have a different battery type). I saw step changes of about 8 miles at a time, and have settled on about 285-290 miles at a full charge. And it's been there for the last year or so (I don't quite recall exactly and I stopped using monitoring software). (About 10% loss.) I expect further loss over time - to what level I have no idea.

Your capacity loss to me looks normal (to me it also looks like you started a bit below average, which is also normal, for the people who start below average, haha), and it will also likely slow down eventually - you may have an additional 5-10% to go though. No one knows since the 2170L packs are new and may have different characteristics.

Last edited:
I am a new member, but for my 1.5 month own M3LR I found very difficult to communicate with Service. For me much more easy communicate with this is forum members and get answers than with a Tesla support. M3LR - I am enjoying the car no questions , but service different.:)

sorry not you I was telling you about guy above you. The Ste$lar guy.

what is a 'non-standard chip' ?

changing chip types is a normal thing in engineering. suppliers EOL things and vendors often cost-cut and switch vendors. also, some vendors have really bad internal code on their devices and sometimes vendors will cut their losses and switch brands. (not often and its painful but its a last resort)

so what do you mean by nonstandard? there isn't really a thing called 'standard', lol. each design is, well, a design.
I would take the time to explain but your tone is combative and borderline ignorant. So no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.