Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ONE of the reasons, DA. I retired to Texas because I could no longer afford to live in SoCal. A gallon of gas for my ICE was over $5 per gallon. Then there's the Governor, what a self serving ******, the high cost of living, kops that no longer enforced the simplest of vehicle codes, the high crime rate, I think it's the smash and grab capital of the US too, and the list goes on. Before you disparage me, move to SoCal and see it for yourself.

So, I grew up in NorCal and would never willingly live in SoCal - just kidding!

Look, live where you want but I *guarantee* you there are cops in Texas who do nothing when faced with misdemeanors. There are prosecutors who do the same. It’s not a CA / blue state / whatever problem.

As for the rest of your reasons, to each their own, but I respectfully submit that those “issues” can be - and are, especially these days - found *everywhere*. In spades.

My last post resulted in a Christmas ban threat by a very helpful and jolly moderator, so I’ll try again. I’m actually interested and semi-local, but would need you to be more realistic about your price. From what I can tell these sell for around $600 shipped on eBay. Are you willing to entertain offers in that range?

F19CADA0-B221-4E15-B2CE-2D0874D06AB2.jpeg

Reactions: Rocky_H
My last post resulted in a Christmas ban threat by a very helpful and jolly moderator, so I’ll try again. I’m actually interested and semi-local, but would need you to be more realistic about your price. From what I can tell these sell for around $600 shipped on eBay. Are you willing to entertain offers in that range?

View attachment 748604
Publicly criticizing list prices is not a "friendly" negotiating tactic. It's rude. Period.

Your post bashing the seller's list price, even with happier text accompanying it, isn't civil. It's completely unnecessary and this is why private messages were created. Use them. This is something that should be taken to PM.

The fact that the forum staff had to create a rule to get people to act civil to each other in this marketplace sub forum is a sad indicator of where we are as a society. I'm not sure why so many people require rules put in place to just act civil and decent to each other.

Why not send the seller a PM with an offer? Why do you feel the need to question their list price publicly? What part of that rule do you not understand?

Reactions: impastu
Oh goody.. Yet another range/range anxiety thread. How NEW and FRESH! ;)

Honestly who cares!

Yup.

Not surprised that this new user couldn't be bothered to search, Google it, or watch a video on YouTube and get their answer. The amount of information available out there is overwhelming.

The reason you might see that response, is because some version of this question is posted here on TMC at least 1-2 times a day, every day, and has been for at least the last 3 years I have been here. Doesnt make it "right" but if you realize that members here have seen some version of this exact question maybe 200 or more times, it might explain the reaction.

In the model 3 subforum I moderate, I take all those posts and put them in a single thread, so people can search it for answers (and so that the question doesnt overwhelm the subforum). That thread is here:

its 179 pages (not posts, pages), on some variation of your question.

now, I dont think you should (nor expect you to) read that entire thread. You can search it if you desire, and deep dive into the topic. For a VERY " TL ; DR" (too long, didnt read) version.

The car uses an estimate, its not like gas, and a battery is not quite as simple to measure as a fuel tank
The range is based on EPA estimates, and unless one drives like that (like 42 MPH or something on flat land) should be taken as "best case if I drive 42 MPH).

There is a thread I can dig up on the actual algorithms that people have deduced over time, if that is something you are interested in (the EPA algorithms) but to answer the "unasked" general question that comes up around this post, what you are seeing is perfectly 100% normal.

This thread below is on "charge data" and is a more technical one than the one above so those two should get you started. I know this is the model Y subforum but model 3 and Y have the same battery, so 100% of this is applicable.

Do you think anything you write or any evidence you present will make that (moderator exit) user admit he's wrong?

It's like it's his job and he's getting paid to spout FUD here non-stop.

Lol, now you resort to name calling instead of naming the actual model of lidar. Can't you discuss anything without going into emotional hyperbole?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think anything you write or any evidence you present will make that troll admit he's wrong?

It's like it's his job and he's getting paid to spout FUD here non-stop.
If he posts the same nonsense in investor thread he will be banned within 5 minutes. TMC doesn’t care about this sub forum, so he gets away with being the ultimate troll here.

Reactions: petit_bateau
Oh goody.. Yet another range/range anxiety thread. How NEW and FRESH! ;)

Yup.

Not surprised that this new user couldn't be bothered to search, Google it, or watch a video on YouTube and get their answer. The amount of information available out there is overwhelming.
If you don't want to read the thread - skip it. It takes more energy and anger to click the thread, reply, and post. Instead, just skip it. Not everyone has had a Tesla for years. Calm down. It is YOUR CHOICE to click on the thread.

Also, your attitude toward new members of this community gives this forum a negative reputation.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaseyL
Step 1: Get a VIN
Step 2: lose a VIN
Step 3: Stalk this forum
Step 4: notice a fellow TMC’er get offered to take delivery of the exact same car as yours even though they didn’t order those specific specs
Step 5: reach out to that poster to see if it is the same VIN you lost
Step 6: engage Karen mode
Step 7: call their manager
Step 8: request something in return of the f**kery
Whallah~~ Priority Queue
It’s not that cool
I don’t feel that special.. in fact I feel less special.. and definitely don’t feel like I’m their priority..
So to make you feel better the new refresh has a few awesome changes.. front passenger arm rests are wider, console actually high enough to rest your elbow on, so you can chill with autopilot on. The yoke was weird for a second, but great for cruising, visually, convenient buttons. Son was impressed how quick the screens are. The new gray paint rocks. Black trim rocks, new wheels rock. Light in frunk. Back is a little wider inside, so you can probably stack one or two sets of golf clubs.
Blinkers are super accessible, cruise/autopilot button better than stalk..way more convenient.
I drove it half way home 1hr..my 21yr old kid is taking her the rest of they way home 1hr..haha.
I ordered him a MY two weeks ago, so he won't poach my car.
I'm probably going to disappear. I got beat up a few weeks ago for asking people to be respectful on here. Its too much of a boys club. Today Stro wanting to bet there is a way to cheat the system on selling reservations is kind of the last straw. Why cheat people who have been waiting. Why does Stro want to teach you how to cheat?
I've been widowed 19 yrs, raised a 19 yr old and 21yr old and built a business by myself. I have lots of guys who work for me and are my friends, but I'm over Stro always having to be right when he's wrong. Its just not fun...and I havey car!
Hopefully these added benefits between my 2017 and my 2022 can help the rest of you hang on. Laura

So to make you feel better the new refresh has a few awesome changes.. front passenger arm rests are wider, console actually high enough to rest your elbow on, so you can chill with autopilot on. The yoke was weird for a second, but great for cruising, visually, convenient buttons. Son was impressed how quick the screens are. The new gray paint rocks. Black trim rocks, new wheels rock. Light in frunk. Back is a little wider inside, so you can probably stack one or two sets of golf clubs.
Blinkers are super accessible, cruise/autopilot button better than stalk..way more convenient.
I drove it half way home 1hr..my 21yr old kid is taking her the rest of they way home 1hr..haha.
I'm probably going to disappear. I got beat up a few weeks ago for asking people to be respectful on here. Its too much of a boys club. Today Stro wanting to bet there is a way to cheat the system on selling reservations is kind of the last straw. Why cheat people who have been waiting. Why does Stro want to teach you how to cheat?
I've been widowed 19 yrs, raised a 19 yr old and 21yr old and built a business by myself. I have lots of guys who work for me and are my friends, but I'm over Stro always having to be right when he's wrong. Its just not fun...and I havey car!
Hopefully these added benefits between my 2017 and my 2022 can help the rest of you hang on. Laura
To his credit, I think he was just referring to the fact that yes there is a way to sell/transfer your reservation if you’re a first time Tesla buyer. Not necessarily that he’s condoning cheating the system.

Congrats on your new car!!!

What? That’s how you took my message? Don’t you think I’d have an MX by now if I was into cheating? But sure, I’ll be your “reason” to leave now that you have your X. Enjoy the car!

Thank you for sharing that information and your experience. I think you really misinterpreted the post a bit by Stro. And by the way, what you were saying around page 550 (calling others whiners, making assumptions based on someone paying cash/financing or owning/running a business) wasn’t really being respectful… I recall Bruce having to remove a ton of pages because of all of it.

Nonetheless, hope you enjoy your car and wishing all my best to you.

On another note, anyone have a plaid VIN yet?!

What? That’s how you took my message? Don’t you think I’d have an MX by now if I was into cheating? But sure, I’ll be your “reason” to leave now that you have your X. Enjoy the car!
Yup you wanted to bet me "people could get Reservations transfered". Of course they "can", but its not allowed or ethical. Bizarre you would go on an online forum and brag and bet you can show people how to cheat the system. Not how I run my life or business or raised my kids. Why go there when so many people are waiting for cars? But you choose to promote a way to cheat the system and people diligently waiting for cars. Strange.

Thank you for sharing that information and your experience. I think you really misinterpreted the post a bit by Stro. And by the way, what you were saying around page 550 (calling others whiners, making assumptions based on someone paying cash/financing or owning/running a business) wasn’t really being respectful… I recall Bruce having to remove a ton of pages because of all of it.

Nonetheless, hope you enjoy your car and wishing all my best to you.

On another note, anyone have a plaid VIN yet?!
Ahhh myself and three other people requested politeness, someone else questioned if people should be buying cars if they're so upset. I appreciated his perspective. I see no reason Stro needed to adversarialy "bet you you can transfer a reservation even though its not allowed". I'm a girl and business owner. I don't care for people talking about cheating the system when so many people are waiting for over a year for a car. Why be so disrespectful to the people whose leases are running out, down to one family car? You know people will try it now. I'm into car tech, but still a polite girl. Guess it is just a bad guy joke...unless you don't have your car.

Ahhh myself and three other people requested politeness, someone else questioned if people should be buying cars if they're so upset. I appreciated his perspective. I see no reason Stro needed to adversarialy "bet you you can transfer a reservation even though its not allowed". I'm a girl and business owner. I don't care for people talking about cheating the system when so many people are waiting for over a year for a car. Why be so disrespectful to the people whose leases are running out, down to one family car? You know people will try it now. I'm into car tech, but still a polite girl. Guess it is just a bad guy joke...unless you don't have your car.
You crack me up. I unignored you thinking you may have changed. I was wrong. Please go enjoy your car. I promise you will not get another response from me as I won’t see any of your posts again. Love how you think you’re so righteous. Goodbye.

@bmah will you remove her.. she’s trying to ruin the vibe of the room again.. she has her car and is no longer “waiting” and she’s clearly trolling people once again..
@LL#2 You have your car and are no longer waiting, politely show yourself to the exit
Thanks!

@bmah will you remove her.. she’s trying to ruin the vibe of the room again.. she has her car and is no longer “waiting” and she’s clearly trolling people once again..
@LL#2 You have your car and are no longer waiting, politely show yourself to the exit
Thanks!
What???? I stated you can't transfer reservations. Stro adversialy bet me you can even though its not allowed by Tesla and I'm the bad guy ruining the vibe, because he wants to teach people to cheat? Just ignore me. Waiting for a couple friends to get cars and I share valid information. Maybe Stro will get removed for promoting activities against Tesla policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.