Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't need to answer to you why I am interested in electric cars and autonomous driving. I am happy to live in a real democracy, where compromises must be made, where people pay real taxes, where everyone has access to health care and universities and have good social benefits. I am more worried about all the greedy shareholder mentality on social media, trying to manipulate any discussions to earn more $$ including threats, harassment, ridiculing etc.

Now this is funny.

• Funny
Reactions: impastu
I am not telling you what to think or post, but normally when you hear news like this first thing that comes to most people's minds is potential loss of life/property. Not how media could turn a wild fire story into a Tesla battery burning story.
Well, it’s the age of assholism at all levels of our society. So, our friend who posted about burning batteries in the face of a 6000 acre fire in a high-density residential area seem to be deeply ensconced in the assholism-laced view of the world.

• Disagree
Reactions: K5TRX
No one needs a light show whilst driving. No one. Or Tik Tok. But congratulations on getting a job and not just sitting in your mom’s basement playing video games all day. Maybe someday you will learn to drive a car and then understand why these “updates” suck so much.
The light show doesn't even work while driving the car.
So to that point what you are talking about doesn't even exist. So why bother complaining about something that doesn't exit?
And for when the car is parked this is a really cool feature.

Except it's not a real-world problem, it's one you made up in your head.

I've spent 58 years on this planet in places like Syracuse, NY, Whitefish, MT and at numerous ski areas around the west and I've never needed my ICE vehicle fueled up so I could survive longer. If your imagination is active enough, you can call this a "problem". Ordinary people don't have that problem. If you can get fuel to the vehicle, you can rescue the people in it.
I think you misunderstand. No, I'm sure you do or you're just deliberately missing the point. I certainly didn't say or imply that you can't ferry people out of expressways (or even cities) that have become snowy gridlock. But feel free to carry-on up on your high horse.

• Disagree
Reactions: StealthP3D
The 11.5 guys are all stock AFAIK- but it's your lie, tell it however you want.

The vast majority of 11.8s on draggy are non performance Model 3s with AB in actual reality though.

But you DO have interest running aftermarket mods on the Audi that will crap all over the factory warranty to make IT run faster?

Weird choices but you do you.

This has also been debunked elsewhere but I imagine you won't believe those facts either.

The i4 M50 similarly equipped to the Tesla (adding the driver assists, comparable wheels, heated seats, premium sound, etc) is about $75,000 and no faster than the NON performance Model 3 with AB. Significantly slower both 0-60 and 1/4 mile than the P is.

You seem to be very angry and defensive, why?

Can you link to me one video of a stock 2021 M3P running 11.5?

There is a large thread regarding if a M3P is actually any faster than a M3 AB other than 0-60.

Dropping weight to me is not as good as simply adding mods. I don't want to remove seats vs adding a tune for example.

I don't fall for the fanboy argument of adding costs like heated seats, premium sounds, etc... because these are all personal preferences. An M50 is also a bigger car by the way, and vastly more comfortable in stock form. But like I said, I wouldn't personally prefer it but may appeal to others.

I'm disappointed in some of Tesla fanboy mindset many display here. I'm not against EV anything, I'm just looking at the Pro's and Con's of everything within my range.

Going to great lengths to display favoritism of one platform, when the wealth of data (real unbiased data) speaks for itself, really muddies the water for anyone looking to make a purchase anytime soon.

Reactions: chickensworth
You seem to be very angry and defensive, why?

I think you're projecting my dude :)

Can you link to me one video of a stock 2021 M3P running 11.5?

I mean- here's Motortrend citing 11.5 as their calibrated testing 1/4 mile time.

Do you think they're lying?

Do you think they stripped the interior before testing?

Or do you think your doubt of the times stock Ps are running might be misplaced?

Motortrend said:
It smoothly sprinted to 60 mph in 3.0 seconds and finished the quarter mile in 11.5 seconds at 117.3 mph

There is a large thread regarding if a M3P is actually any faster than a M3 AB other than 0-60.

After about 75 mph, it's not.

But that first 75 mph does kinda count. Hence why the P still runs quicker 1/4 miles.

I don't fall for the fanboy argument of adding costs like heated seats, premium sounds, etc... because these are all personal preferences

If you don't care about any comforts just get a stripped frame and slap a 1000 hp engine into it.

You're kinda all over the place on what you want and why.

. An M50 is also a bigger car by the way

Not really.

The BMW is less than 4 inches longer, and 0.1 inches wider.

That said unlike the Tesla the BMW is also not a dedicated EV platform, so it's far HEAVIER.

, and vastly more comfortable in stock form.

Really? You've test driven one?

It's funny that you mention this, because there is another large thread on whether or not light weight wheels makes a difference for 2021 M3P cars.

yes, and includes folks mentioning running 11.5s stock- something you keep refusing to believe as fact.

Last edited:
Reactions: thesmokingman
Great information Abel.

By now, customers of Tesla should be well aware of the Tesla policy and stop the incessent complaining. Once Tesla gets your order they will go radio silent until they have a need to contact you for delivery. They have no desire to give constant updates, as they know that circumstances often change during production and those updates are often in-accurate.
The program is for you to place your order, then go away and concentrate on other things. Do not obsess over when your car will come, as that is not productive for anyone. Get your affairs in order so that when the call comes, you will be able to consumate your deal.
Pricing is fluid, options are fluid, availability is fluid, configurations are fluid...everything is subject to changes, including expected delivery dates.
This is the Tesla way...get over it.

In many ways it is similar to having a child. The expectation is that in 9 Months you will see a happy, healthy baby to raise as you wish. Of course along the way, many things can happen. Gotta roll with the punches. But constantly asking "Is it here yet" will not change the reality that the baby will come when the baby comes.
What if my child is 6 months late. It’d most likely be dead or come out walking and pointing at my wife’s boob. People are allowed to express their frustration here. After all, it’s a “waiting room”. Giving Tesla a pass simply because it’s the “Tesla way” is rather silly. As a stockholder and fanboy, I’m ashamed of the company. For sure this will be my last (oh wait, my Cybertruck will be last) Tesla I ever buy.

I think you're projecting my dude :)

I mean- here's Motortrend citing 11.5 as their calibrated testing 1/4 mile time.

Do you think they're lying?

Do you think they stripped the interior before testing?

Or do you think your doubt of the times stock Ps are running might be misplaced?

After about 75 mph, it's not.

But that first 75 mph does kinda count. Hence why the P still runs quicker 1/4 miles.

If you don't care about any comforts just get a stripped frame and slap a 1000 hp engine into it.

You're kinda all over the place on what you want and why.

Not really.

The BMW is less than 4 inches longer, and 0.1 inches wider.

That said unlike the Tesla the BMW is also not a dedicated EV platform, so it's far HEAVIER.

Really? You've test driven one?

yes, and includes folks mentioning running 11.5s stock- something you keep refusing to believe as fact.

I asked for a 2021 M3P example, not a 2018. There is yet another thread on how the 2021 M3P is slower than the old. I would not be purchasing a used M3P, not in this current market.

And which folks in that thread are running 11.5 stock in a 2021 M3P? Can you direct link those posts?

Owners are reporting M3 AB matches/exceeds the M3P acceleration before the 75mph mark.

You see there is a pattern here? Everything you're trying to tell me is contradicted by your very own community members in these other large threads.

To top it off, you're throwing frivolous arguments like "well if you don't care about comforts then just get a stripped frame" which just proves my "projection'". Coupled with denial statements like "Really? You've test driven one?" despite the countless reviews and overviews which supports that sentiment. Only here would I read that a Tesla sits more comfortable than a 75k BMW.

Who are you really trying to convince? Me, or yourself? I can see why you didn't participate in this thread I made, you wouldn't have anything meaningful to offer:

Last edited:
I asked for a 2021 M3P example and you gave me a 2018 example from motor trend. If I do buy a M3P it would be the newest

The newest would be a 2022.

Of which there's multiple examples of 11.5s on draggy right now.

You've pretty clearly already made up your mind though, no amount of facts seem to change it.

Owners are reporting M3 AB matches/exceeds the M3P acceleration before the 75mph mark.

Nope. Some non-calibrated youtube videos with human reaction times from 2 cars have wrongly suggested it though.

Every measured test shows otherwise.

The 0-60 draggy leaderboards ALSO show the P is quicker to at least those speeds too.

You see there is a pattern here?

I think we all do by now :)

The sad thing about this statement is that yes, I am still very interested in a M3P. The difference is I am willing to look at all the Pros and Cons of every platform and don't allow fanboy bias to cloud my judgement. My options for a new car is still wide open and whether or not it's a M3P or something else will come down to what's best for me and not anyone else's opinion.
The only one that is throwing around fanboy BS is you dude. 🤣

Great information Abel.

By now, customers of Tesla should be well aware of the Tesla policy and stop the incessent complaining. Once Tesla gets your order they will go radio silent until they have a need to contact you for delivery. They have no desire to give constant updates, as they know that circumstances often change during production and those updates are often in-accurate.
The program is for you to place your order, then go away and concentrate on other things. Do not obsess over when your car will come, as that is not productive for anyone. Get your affairs in order so that when the call comes, you will be able to consumate your deal.
Pricing is fluid, options are fluid, availability is fluid, configurations are fluid...everything is subject to changes, including expected delivery dates.
This is the Tesla way...get over it.

In many ways it is similar to having a child. The expectation is that in 9 Months you will see a happy, healthy baby to raise as you wish. Of course along the way, many things can happen. Gotta roll with the punches. But constantly asking "Is it here yet" will not change the reality that the baby will come when the baby comes.
Sorry, I only listen to family, and in this case, it's Bob, your uncle.

• Funny
Reactions: ironwill96 and Stro
I'm glad you and hundreds of thousands have had a happy and positive experience. You're cool with your Model X journey especially since your wait is over.

But please don't negate my experience nor the difficulties other on this thread have faced. I have been very fortunate to have a car to use until my X arrives. As you and I have read... others are not so luckly and have had a miserable experience, they have lost a lot of money because of this fiasco. Some of us needed our cars to be delivered as promised in March/April and that should matter.

"unhappy ones who take the time to complain. The others have moved on." Yeah, when you’re screwed over by lies and deceptions you complain. When you have no problems it's easy to "Move On", there is no equivalency here.

I am happy with my Tesla Solar Panels and my Powerwalls especially with a snow storm heading my way. The install team was awesome.... But trying to talk with Tesla now, it's as bad as calling about my car. My major complaint is less with the SA's or general staffers but with their leaders, the Management team. Things that are wrong can continue to be wrong if no one speaks up,

Thanks for sharing your experience and viewpoint.
Like my Solar Panels and Powerwalls I love the hardware and the install team but Tesla as a company sucked at the planning, the scheduling and now with support. But I still love my Solar Panels and Powerwalls.

I hope my MX will be perfect at delivering and I will love it as I do my Solar Panels and Powerwalls.. Time will tell... But I will not be forgetting what I've been thought in this experience.

Again.. thanks for the feedback!
Dont waste your time on @LL#2, she literally is here to troll and gloat about having her car..
@bmah why are you still allowing this? She is constantly talking down on people who vent their frustrations as whiners/cryers and unhappy..

Dont waste your time on @LL#2, she literally is here to troll and gloat about having her car..
@bmah why are you still allowing this? She is constantly talking down on people who vent their frustrations as whiners/cryers and unhappy..
You are sorely mistaken and inappropriate. If you click on my name you can read all of my posts. I have been supplying positive and helpful information based on my experience of having owned an X previously. For you to say I am talking down people who vent...or that I am calling people whiners/cryers is nuts. I'm sorry people are unhappy, because its a great car. I think I along with a few others today have tried to lift waiters spirits, create hope and keep it in perspective...I loved to 9mo baby analogy someone gave today. Totally correct. There are two camps on here 1. Negative and unhappy and 2. Happy, excited and waiting.
After you click on my name and actually read my posts an apology would be great. FYI in the last few weeks you actually thumbed up most of my posts, so maybe you are confusing me with someone else. Or maybe @bmah will delete your snippy personal attack, which is not allowed here. Or maybe you will be removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.