Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to unknown, the unpublicized side of the Tesla experience. The tech, the Enginreeing, most of the software are next level. Fit and finish is on you to tell them what’s not correct and the management team sucks. The real experience of we Model X order holder is a dirty little secret. Complain outside this forum and you’re accused of spreading FUD or being on the payroll of the Big 3 or Big oil.

By the way, my sales guy “guaranteed“ my priority delivery to be in end of March 2021, then went silent too.
The bad news is you got screwed…. The good news is you weren’t alone and most of us feel your pain.

Honestly, your whining has gotten old. VERY OLD. Please move on to the other auto maker that has an EV as good as Tesla's and a charging network as large and reliable.

Just buy an audi or a GM - either way, just STFU. I'm tired of hearing your bullshit. MOVE ON!!

So you're suggesting that the most elite technical team that's been assembled in modern times in an attempt to solve one of the most formidable problems in artificial intelligence, one that actually proves just how amazing biological brains are, is like a scam artist sociopath corporation and another scam artist sociopath who used lies to build a phony corporation? Really? What is your evidence for those wild ideas?
Lol most elite? You’re drowning in koolaid

you said it was a game

Yeah, the game of refusing delivery when you just don't feel like it.

Why wouldn’t I do it?

For the same reason you wouldn't return a TV to Costco to get the latest model even if it was released just a few weeks after you purchased yours. There's no arguing one would benefit from doing it, just that it's abusive and a shitty thing to do. And it is *my opinion* that folks who chose to do that should be moved to the back of the line instead of refusing deliveries until they get what they want while causing chaos in the system.
You also conveniently forgot to mention how you're already getting the car way below the current MSRP given the recent price increases. Tesla doesn't increase your price though. I guess your definition of "fair play" is only applicable when you profit.

Seems like we're kinda going in circles now, so go ahead and repeat your point about how you profit from being a shitty customer and let's move on...

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: ishareit
Posting to vent while I wait for Tesla Service to open. Like many of you I had a nightmare of a delivery story. You can check my previous posts, but I finally received my MYP right before thanksgiving. Even though the ordering/delivery process was a horrible experience, driving my car finally made it feel almost worth it. However, dealing with the minor items from my delivery inspection, and tesla service has completely soured my outlook on the company and the car.

I luckily had very minor items upon delivery I found. Panel gaps for the hood, and a large grease mark on my dash that would not come out. Not a huge deal, I submit my ticket, and wait a few weeks for my service appointment at the Fremont service center. Appointment date comes, they take my car, and return it 2 days later, gap addressed, but still the large grease mark on the dash. I ask what happened and the service agent says that they did not have the part in stock so they will send a mobile service agent when the part is available. Fast forward 1 week, mobile agent comes with the wrong piece of the dash, says I have to schedule a new appointment in shop as it would be too much work for a mobile agent anyways. Frustrated I write the whole story on my next service ticket, and a few weeks later I drop off my car to a very apologetic service agent that assures me everything will be done correctly and promptly.

I return to pick up my car 2 days later, and approach my vehicle to a chunk of my rim chipped and a gash in my tire lip that was not there previously on the front driver side wheel. I point it out immediately and the service agent goes wow you must have hit something. I tell them that no this was not here on drop off, and we can look at your tire inspection reports to confirm. Sure enough the tire inspection report on the invoice shows tread depth, tire pressure, and that they do not recommend any changes based on inspection. Also reads that they took my car on a verification test drive after the replacement dash to verify no loose or vibrating parts. This points in my head as where this damage would have happened. I ask the service agent how do we deal with this now as I have tire damage that I did not have before. The solution was to open another ticket, take pictures and indicate that I have not drove the car yet and it will be addressed. Pictures of damage attached.

As soon as I get resolution to this tire I am going to drive to the nearest dealership and start to shop for another car that I am going to trade my MYP for. I have been a customer since ordering in August, and I have yet to have a good interaction with Tesla. Wonderful car, great technology, but at this point I can't deal with this ecosystem anymore.

LthHE85.jpg

sA4o4Wb.jpg

H8j7NmT.jpg

iHUoRZh.jpg
wash the dash and dont drive into any more curbs

• Disagree
Reactions: Karsa and Silence88
There's not really an "EV" market, at least not one that's meaningful in the way people generally use market share percentages. EV's are a subset of automobiles, and they all serve the same purpose. That means people in the market for a new car can buy either (the markets are not seperate). Don't let the media reporting on "EV market share" confuse you into thinking it's relevant. Tesla's market share should be stated as a percentage of all light vehicles.
If thats what I wanted I would have asked about it.

I’d agree with most of what you say, though lots of those features are not unique to Tesla. But also:
Minimal interior is subjective, and I find it too minimalist. I want a decent binnacle display and a HUD. I also want the interior to be covered in huge amounts of real dead animal rather than the cheap and nasty vegan “leather” that looks and feels like no leather I’ve ever seen.
The front seats are not nearly supportive enough for a car of this performance.
Build quality is ok but doesn’t come close to despised German manufacturers
My M3P is not nearly as comfortable and refined as a car in this price range should be. Road noise is intrusive over 30mph and wind noise over 50mph.
Software updates are just as likely to break something as to introduce new features and needs another update to fix it.
I’m not going to mention phantom braking and the crap wipers and auto lights. Whoops, I just did 🤣😂

The M3 is a good but it’s not a great car. There is lots of room for improvement.
Sounds like buyers regret right there. Good news! The second hand prices is really good, so you can exchange it for a BMW M3 and probably get some money back!

Honestly, just stop with this nonsense with calling people pathetic because they disagree with you. Every other car I've had for the last 6 years has had auto wiper functionality that works better than the Tesla. Yes, its a fairly minor complaint in the grand scheme of things but its still a valid point. Auto wiper funtionality has become 'the norm' so it's right to have expectation that this will work properly.

I disagree, I'm not calling him pathetic because he disagrees with me.

I'm saying it's pathetic, when you think about it, to get so worked up that a simple button press is getting in the way of preferably doing absolutely nothing.

He can disagree with me all he likes... 😁👍

How about just the jacked up 4 x 4 that was riding my tail?
As I said in another thread, there are solutions. I keep the rocket launcher in the trunk, but the rounds in the frunk. Need to break into both to be usable. The launcher is hard-mounted and I keep one rocket loaded so I can open the trunk deck and fire at truly annoying tailgaters. Usually only need the one round.

• Funny
Reactions: EVNow
Status
Not open for further replies.