Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I like about this forum vs. some earlier ones is that this one is moderated, not a free-for-all and the members are generally pretty polite to each other and don't attack each other personally. Let's keep it that way. It's fine to disagree with folks (I do it all the time myself!) but I'd prefer if we kept the level of discourse higher.
But it's OK to belittle people? I'm ok with calling him or her out for having a bad attitude. There's no need for their original comment.

This announcement by Airstream is potentially a very exciting development in the world of EV towing. I’ve been tracking that idea since a few years ago when Dethleffs in Europe announced the “e Coco” trailer which was the first RV trailer with a big battery pack and electrically driven wheels to make towing easier using technology from ZF, reducing energy usage for an ICE or an EV tow vehicle. See Dethleffs e.home coco and Towing with an EV: Are electric trailers the future?

But Dethleff’s has been slow to bring that trailer to market and there is no indication it will be available in North America. The Airstream eStream obviously will be sold here.

My biggest concern about the eStream is not that they won’t get the tech right, but that it will be twice as expensive as an Airstream of the same size and therefore the potential market will be very small. Airstreams are already very expensive for what you get. I am also concerned about the weight; Airstreams are extremely heavy compared to what I currently tow, a Safari Condo Alto. A comparably sized Alto is about 50% lighter and cheaper than an Airstream and the construction is higher quality. I am expecting the eStream to be well over US$100,000 and be up to three times the weight of my 2,200 lb (fully loaded) trailer. The eStream appears to be about 17-18 ft, which is a good size for my needs (my Alto is 17.5 ft) but in my opinion few are going to pay over around US$70K for such a small trailer. Keep in mind that a new Airstream Bambi 19 ft model is US$62K with no options.

I hope I am wrong about the eStream price, but knowing Airstream I’m afraid I will be right. And with a small market there won’t be any economy of scale like there is in the automobile industry to drive the cost down.

I would still seriously consider an eStream if they do a good job implementing the new tech and it is not inordinately heavy (but they will have to offer an interior design scheme that is not so offensive to the eyes as the one shown in that video ;-) . I was happy to see a Model X featured prominently in the video!

What I would really like to see is a new “pure electric” RV company come along with some truly innovative product offerings. The RV industry needs a Tesla-style disruption.
Only alto owners think their trailers are made better than airstreams. Alto owners are some of the most arrogant and least informed I have ever come across.

LOL. As usual you have no idea what you are talking about ...

Nissan was claiming 5 years back they will have autonomous cars by now. Infact the then CEO Ghosn, even did a "demo" drive with the Prime Minister of Japan - no less- of a AV more than 5 years back. Ofcourse that CEO - unlike Elon - is in hiding in Lebanon now after skipping bail in Japan in a daring escape.

They have been talking about handsfree Nissan ProPilot for a long time ... infact it is available in Japan and was delayed in US.

Show me ANYWHERE where the Nissan or Mitsu CEO's stated the following:

"Their CEO's have not/are not stating that by end of 2019, you will be able to summon those cars from NYC to LA with no human intervention."

Your fanboi ism for Elon has GOT to stop. HES NOT PAYING YOU. LOL

Show me ANYWHERE where the Nissan or Mitsu CEO's stated the following:

"Their CEO's have not/are not stating that by end of 2019, you will be able to summon those cars from NYC to LA with no human intervention."

Your fanboi ism for Elon has GOT to stop. HES NOT PAYING YOU. LOL
Obviously it won't be the exact quote. Ur trolling needs to stop, NOW and do your own searching.

See, anyone can trash talk. Bye.

Obviously it won't be the exact quote. Ur trolling needs to stop, NOW and do your own searching.

See, anyone can trash talk. Bye.
So…you were wrong by claiming Nissan stated That any of their cars would drive itself across this entire country by the end of 2019. Because they never made that claim.

Got it. Thanks and apology accepted

Bragging of “dojo” and “neural networks” and AI and ML…and yet, we have Record cases of Phantom braking and cars on FSD beta running into green poles in California in broad daylight.

In 2022.

But the same cars are gonna be able to go across country by themselves with no one in them.

Sure.
😂😂

Last edited:
Your welcome..

You certainly seem jealous of a person that has likely created more this week than you have in your lifetime. Oddly you feel your continuous childish rants give you any credibility? Lol Do you ever actually Contribute to anything helpful or just troll for pleasure? Troll on my friend.

Reactions: cgell and drtimhill
You certainly seem jealous of a person that has likely created more this week than you have in your lifetime. Oddly you feel your continuous childish rants give you any credibility? Lol Do you ever actually Contribute to anything helpful or just troll for pleasure? Troll on my friend.
Just pointing out the facts regarding elons “fulfilled every promise and every timeline he’s ever made” claim

You Stan’s line them up, I knock them down with facts

Oh, your welcome

Just pointing out the facts regarding elons “fulfilled every promise and every timeline he’s ever made” claim

You Stan’s line them up, I knock them down with facts

Oh, your welcome

Can you quote where someone claimed he met every timeline he promised?

Because it sounds like another "nobody ever said that so you knocking it down makes you look dishonest" thing.

Seems to happen a lot with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.