Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What? Someone selling too good to be true aftermarket parts on a chat forum might be scamming people??? Oh my GOD! say it isn't so.
Buyer beware.
I never buy from anyone so far away that I can't go visually inspect what I'm purchasing. Heck, even half the accessories I buy NEW, from aftermarket companies are awful, making me feel like I got scammed... lol

Last edited:
What? Someone selling too good to be true aftermarket parts on a chat forum might be scamming people??? Oh my GOD! say it isn't so.
Buyer beware.
I never buy from anyone so far away that I can't go visually inspect what I'm purchasing.
That's right, kick them while they're down.

We're here to help each other out. Adding insult to injury isn't helping. If you don't have anything nice or helpful to say, consider not saying anything at all.

Thanks, @ZB44. I hope your post helps someone avoiding a similar situation.

I did contribute
Visually inspect, in person, what your trying to buy
I'm sorry... but sending money to someone across the country in the hopes that they'll ship you what was promised is borderline stupid. These people weren't scammed... they allowed themselves to be fleeced
You can also set up an escrow fund through most banks, an account that will release funds to the seller once you've confirmed arrival of the product.

Last edited:
I’m with you, whether the phone sends them when it connects or sends them when they get delivered as you drive makes no difference, and if you don’t want text messages sent to the car, just don’t enable the feature on your phone. Seems simple enough logic.
Expected this - how predictable! And the next comment will be this thread had passed its usefulness and we close this thread with a brilliant conclusion Tesla has to change or improve the software!

All I can say is, I am sorry, I didn't mean to be rude. I didn't use words like "ugly" or " stupid", that would have been truly insulting, I said I don't like it, so yea sorry for saying it. like you said "to each his own".
I will silently dislike things in the future, but if you post something to a public forum is for others to comment...
I love people that do the " But" thing. BUT, negates the bullschiff they said before it.
I was going to let this just die BUT, this post makes me wonder why you think there is a difference between an online forum and in person?

So if I run into you in public with your wife and say : "Wow, how could you marry such a skank?"
That would be completely rude but if you post a photo of yourself with her then it's fair game to say it.

Tesla is not the only vehicle who has issues after driving on a road that has recently had 17 feet of snowfall? I'm sorry your car has paint issues, but this clearly isn't something new and if you are familiar with driving in the mountains during heavy snowfall it's an unfortunate fact of life. Like I said, I have a TRD 4runner and a Highlander that also has issues like this after driving on roads like you did. As a member of this forum you clearly have seen examples of car paint being damaged and you KNOW that Telsa is notorious for such issues. If you really cared to protect the vehicle from it then you could have stayed in San Diego or wrapped the high impact areas in ppf. Am I right?
If I really cared about my car? Stayed in SD? Lol. Move along you dumb bot. The nerv of this guy, smh.

God I cannot stand know it alls who assume they know everything about everyone. You are the epitome of a douchebag Tesla owner. Just because you have no life and lerk these forums and do nothing but read about tesla 24/7 doesn't mean everyone else does, you entitled prick.

Edit: just noticed the same idiot who made the same idiotic comment earlier. Shoulda known better. Still an idiot I see.

Last edited:
This is why they should include front mud flaps and rear PPF on a $50,000 plus car

Bingo this. But I have mudflaps and this still happened.

According to validriver, you dont' care about your car enough. Its not Tesla's fault for bad QC its your fault for not caring about your car enough. How dare you suggest including mud flaps and ppf stock on a $60k car! Vaildriver cares about his car more than you care about yours, so you probably deserve it.

See if you TRULY cared about you car like Vaildriver does, you should spend extra money on it to get it to be road worthy. I mean duh, who cares about logic? Its your fault for not spending $5k more on your car immediately after spending $60k on it. Do you even care about your car like Vaildriver does?

Last edited:
I mean. I agree with this. 50k, comes with crap floor mats, Crap paint..least they can do is At least give us the option of free mud flaps. if you don't want them, fine, but give us the option.

love tesla, but thats a grievance.

You're not allowed to grieve or have a complaint. You just gotta care about your car more bro. How dare you for not caring enough!

Just ask Vaildriver.

If I really cared about my car? Stayed in SD? Lol. Move along you dumb bot. The nerv of this guy, smh.

God I cannot stand know it alls who assume they know everything about everyone. You are the epitome of a douchebag Tesla owner. Just because you have no life and lerk these forums and do nothing but read about tesla 24/7 doesn't mean everyone else does, you entitled prick.

Edit: just noticed the same idiot who made the same idiotic comment earlier. Shoulda known better. Still an idiot I see.
Raging over a comment that was made 3 months ago? Calling me a prick in private messages? Everyone on here suggested ppf. Sorry your car got damaged. You should see mine after driving up and down the highway in Vail for a month. It happens.

On a side note, the Porsche EV also doesn’t come with mudflaps. I wonder if their paint stays pristine after the same trip…

Thanks for the personal attacks though. Classy.

Like telling someone they dont care enough about their car and to stay in their city?

You instigated this entire thing you entitled smug prick. PPF doesn't do anything after the car was damaged. The thread was clearly asking about rescourse after the fact. What does PPF do for me then? No one gives an f about your 4runner or your anecedotal evidence of driving in the mountains or what your opinions are. Many people said they have mudflaps and still have damage in those area. You're the type of person that tells someone they should have learned how to swim when they're drowning and asking for help and then brag about how you took swimming lessons. Grade A, Tesla douchebag is what we call you around here.

Always keepin' it classy in here in San Diego. @ me

Last edited:
Did you even read my post? It seems like half. of the posts on this forum talk about shitty paint, quality issues with panels, etc. This is nothing new. There are likely hundreds of posts and YouTube videos depicting this same theme over and over again. Tesla is far from perfect. Actually, they likely have the worst QC out of any major manufacture. You have more posts than I do on this forum and I doubt this is the first time you have seen paint issues mentioned. Like I said way earlier, sorry your cars paint got damaged and that you decided not to spend $100 and get the side pieces installed.

Would I have liked ppf and flaps installed on my car? Hell yea, but that’s not the way it works so I dealt with it. Porsche doesn’t include this on their new EV either so…

Recourse? You have no recourse. You can repaint it if it really bothers you or you can keep whining on this forum and make a few more personal attacks if it makes you feel better. Just make sure you read the forums rules before you go much further…

Me. This. You're not alone Yelobird. Will be paying $12K (or whatever the price ends up being) on my next Tesla, no questions about it. It may sound like a lot of money, but how much does it cost if you cause an accident when changing lanes into a car in your blind spot because you didn't rely on automatic lane changing? I dunno, maybe less, I've never done that, but it's really hard to put a price on peace-of-mind. If there was only a thread for only-fans 😋.
Borderline nauseating over-positivity from fanboys is the thread you’re looking for

• Disagree
Reactions: Yelobird
This was supposed to be impossible according to tesla fans. You shouldn't be able to take your lessons from one city and port it into another. Yet here we are. But it doesn't matter because naysayers like @EVNow and @powertoold will move the goal post and still try to gain say.
For haters, lying comes so naturally, they just can’t help it.

Yes - even for Waymo anything more than 6 to 12 months would be dragging their foot for too long.

Infact when I just read the headlines about Waymo starting in SFO, I thought it was already driverless and paying customers.

What we really need to know is - how long does it take Waymo to expand to n+1 city. That will determine whether they can ever be successful.

There are even some FSD beta videos of that.

I think both Waymo and Cruise can probably do complete driverless operation now with low risk In SF.

Reactions: Knightshade
Status
Not open for further replies.