Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha can’t afford a plaid so looking for p90dls 🤣 unreal.
You must be really struggling that you can’t sell your overpriced Plaid. I’m pretty sure I made it very obvious I could cash out your car by showing you after you asked if I had the funds too. Which i showed you that I did in just one of my checking accounts. I’m looking for more than just one specific Model S. I actually want something like this to rent on Turo. Not for my personal car but keep tryin lmao

The OP explains why it doesn't have transferable SCharging in their post ;)
Yes but I’ve noticed there’s instances and or exceptions that seem to contradict what supposedly causes some to keep it and others not too. And it still doesn’t seem like anyone has a exact definitive answer as to why some still do and others don’t cuz I’ve seen one that my friend who knows much more about this than myself, was just recently looking to buy himself or I was going too if he didn’t that went to auction, and was sold by a dealership before that still had it. But it wasn’t sold at auction from what I or he could tell by looking at the carfax. So clearly there are exceptions or maybe errors cause there are 2 types of FUSC, there’s just Free Supercharging and than there is free supercharging for life. Which this car has based on the date it was manufactured cuz apparently the ones manufactured from a specific starting date and end in April of 2017. Idk what the manufacturer date is when they started the for life version of FUSC have great for life version but I just know based on the several ones he has owned that it has to be around 2015 or 2016 since he has owned a 2014 or 15 P85D, a 2015 P90DL that had FUSC but didn’t have the for life FUSC, but his 2016.5 P90DL did have FUSC for life. Which I believe allowed it to still go with the car even if a dealership sold it, even beyond a timeframe that others stopped which was around the summer of 2019. The only way the for life ones lose it is it apparently is if Tesla had taken possession of it than sold it it , or obviously if it’s a salvage it’s gone or supposedly if it was sold at auction after the summer of 2019, and if dealership supposedly sold it past the specific date of the summer of 2019. Before the summer of 2019 I think Tesla allowed all of them (Both Free Supercharging and FUSC for life) to transfer with the car but afterwards I thought neither would but I guess the for life ones did and still do sometimes. That’s where it gets confusing cause I’ve seen it where it has and where it hasn’t. I’ve also seen Tesla sell used cars still with Free Supercharging, even 2018’s. I think I still have one saved when they weren’t doing it anymore, only a about a year ago.

• Disagree
Reactions: WhiteWi and JimmyB
It's already happening. Tesla lost a big to build EV chargers, despite coming in at 1/5 th the price.

As Elon said - "No one is more INEFFICIENT at capital allocation than the US Gov."
Elon says a lot of things, sweetie.

'Most' people buy cars that don't have the kind of build quality issues Tesla has.
'Most' people buy cars that have Satellite radio or CarPlay or Android Auto.
'Most' people buy EV cars that don't have to pay extra to use the largest network of chargers such as Chargepoint.
Tesla is going to take an ass whooping in the next 5 years if they can't solve their build issues. Also, if Elon doesn't get over himself to allow Sirius (Model 3/Y), Apple or Android access it's going to be that much worse.
Remember that Tesla is still a fledging automaker in relative terms. It won't take long for the big boys to surpass them if they don't make some real changes in the near future.
Lol what are the Tesla issues? Please Elaborate, never mind your points are not worth of addressing. Yeah yeah see you in 5 years.

He knew it was going to happen because he a freakish piece of sh*t. Dude inherits an emerald mine, buys his way into PayPal, which he didn't found, then uses his cash to sue the founders of Tesla (which he's not) into calling him a "founder"...lol. Then the dude lucks into a NASA commercial crew contract under the Bush administration (which was desperate to "commercialize" everything) in which NASA literally hands him critical engine and heat shield technologies that were developed at Government expense.

Elon Musk is a complete fraud. He's a joke, and also appears to be increasingly erratic. I think he's mentally ill.

Tesla delivered almost 1 million cars in 2021 alone, do you really think the "50+" or so MYLR -> MYP switchers are pushing you that far back? People who are getting deliveries before you ordered before you, and they have been waiting plain and simple. People are allowed to change their mind on what they want to order, do you think a lot of people are switching just to get a car sooner? There are tangible differences between the LR/P Models. What is it with people who buy high-end versions of anything (Peformance Cars/High end Smartphones/Computer) thinking they're better than everyone else who buys the base version? Get some perspective, People who ordered Model X have been waiting 15+ months, people who ordered the original model 3 waited 2+ years. People can't even order Mustang-Es anymore, but by all means throw a hissy fit and have a meltdown you have to wait 3-4 months for a MYP.
You clearly are Ill advised. The fact that you believe People are switching from LR to P other than getting their car sooner tells me you don’t even read these threads. It’s evident that’s what’s happening and us MYP orders ARE getting significantly pushed back because of it. People who ordered MYLR may have ordered before us, fine, but they knew what the wait was going to be like going into it. MYLR waits have been 4-6 months for awhile now. The fact of the matter is people get impatient on here when other cars get delivered before theirs. Maybe if you were more educated, and actually read the threads on here you would understand how many people actually ask on the forums what the difference between LR and P is. You’d be surprised as to how many of those who switched have no idea. We’re not the ones throwing a “hissy fit” it’s clearly people like you who cry about waiting for an LR longer than 3-4 months when in fact that’s how long the wait times have been for LR for almost a year now. The argument here is that if you switched, you should not be getting priority for something you didn’t even order initially in the first place. Get your facts straight bud. Good day

Last edited:
He knew it was going to happen because he a freakish piece of sh*t. Dude inherits an emerald mine, buys his way into PayPal, which he didn't found, then uses his cash to sue the founders of Tesla (which he's not) into calling him a "founder"...lol. Then the dude lucks into a NASA commercial crew contract under the Bush administration (which was desperate to "commercialize" everything) in which NASA literally hands him critical engine and heat shield technologies that were developed at Government expense.

Elon Musk is a complete fraud. He's a joke, and also appears to be increasingly erratic. I think he's mentally ill.
If you are going to make false accusations, you'd best have references. Reported for foul mouth.

Last edited:
IMO, Elon should simply stay out of politics. As a businessman and pioneer, his contributions are unquestionable and I really like his cars. However, the more he reveals about his personal beliefs, the less respect I have for him as a person. I think he's hurting his image which may eventually have a negative affect on his business.

As for the recent allegations, he brought those on himself whether they turn out to be true or not. If he wants to play with the social media fire, he has to to expect to get burned. His past also has to be clean as a whistle which is often never the case. That fire is often fierce and unforgiving. Hopefully, no one else comes forward.

Someone brought up Bill Cosby. Yes, he's out, but the stain on his reputation will be there forever. You cannot think about Bill Cosby without thinking about the allegations. Musk seems to be heading down that road.
do you feel that way about all CEOs or only the ones that differ from your beliefs?
jeff Bezos and Tim Cook are political activists
How about the fine folks that run Disney?

Aaaahhhhh yeeeesss “whataboutism”
Not at all.
It was a legit question whether he disliked a CEO being political or if he only disliked a CEO being political if he disagreed with it.
Those are 2 examples of outspoken political CEOs. Far more outspoken than Musk.

Someone honest that didn't like politics from the CEO would not like it from Musk or them or the My Pillow Guy whatever his name is.

Not at all.
It was a legit question whether he disliked a CEO being political or if he only disliked a CEO being political if he disagreed with it.
Those are 2 examples of outspoken political CEOs. Far more outspoken than Musk.

Someone honest that didn't like politics from the CEO would not like it from Musk or them or the My Pillow Guy whatever his name is.

It doesn’t matter, this topic is specifically on Musk. Not Besos, Disney, Cook, MyPillowGuy or anyone else.

Personally I care about what Musk says or does because I care about the product and want to see it keep moving forward.

What does other people say or do, I don’t care about them because I don’t really care about their product, my kids might feel differently though.

It doesn’t matter, this topic is specifically on Musk. Not Besos, Disney, Cook, MyPillowGuy or anyone else.

Personally I care about what Musk says or does because I care about the product and want to see it keep moving forward.

What does other people say or do, I don’t care about them because I don’t really care about their product, my kids might feel differently though.
They were examples. I think you know that and are being a bit disingenuous..
I asked a very simple question prompted by his statements and by avoiding the actual question he answered it in spades.
You decided to be condescending to me with your "Aaaahhhhh yeeeesss “whataboutism”
It was not Whataboutism. It was about hypocrisy.
I dislike hypocrites and when people say "He should not make political statements" but mean "He should not make political statements I disagree with" The hypocrisy is world class.

I’m a model 3 owner from 2018 when musk was hiding his nazi tendencies. Vin x12xxx

Today I would never buy a Tesla or invest in this nut jobs company. He is a disgrace. I will bet good money to any of you that he turns out to be an elitist tyrant. I used to love Tesla, now as soon as I see a competitive ev on the market I am switching. This guy is a m0t#er f@c£er.

• Funny
Reactions: AquaY
All,

Thank you to everyone for their comments. All r appreciated.

Roblab: you said "your request simply shows you don't know much about Teslas" Ahh but indeed I do.

Karide: "ensuring the car is perfect" Not exactly to insure it's perfect but to satisfy a natural curiosity. Jack and jack stands, yep, I've had them for years. Low profile too. That should give you a hint as to what I've worked on in the past.

What sparked this curiosity and question was a thread here of someone tracing a rattle from his back seat area to a missing bolt on the underside of the vehicle. It was fixed by service but the time it took to narrow down the cause was extensive.

I think a quick scan of the underside is a reasonable request. After all, humans were involved in the assembly.

Thanks again to everyone.

-stew
"Jack and jack stands, yep, I've had them for years. Low profile too. That should give you a hint as to what I've worked on in the past." - Go Karts, slammed Honda Civics?

If Webster's ever added "Karen" to the dictionary, I believe your picture would be there. If you want to fulfill your natural curiosity and request the car be lifted to view the underside, make a service appointment and pay service $200/hr to do it. If you were buying a used car, maybe this would make more sense as you'd want to ensure there wasn't damage. But still, you'd probably request to bring the car to your private mechanic for this.

Don't waste the delivery people's time with your ridiculous requests.

• Disagree
Reactions: GameTheory
Status
Not open for further replies.