Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Already gave you one. In fact repeatedly.

It literally says, in the screen shot, it's intended on for use on a specific type of road that by definition does not permit cross traffic

Which of those words, specifically, is too complicated for you to understand and needs to be simplified futher?
Knightshade

NO ONE CARES. We all know what it’s used for in real life. The VAST majority use it in city streets, because it’s awesome. You can stop repeating yourself any time now.

Last edited:
For people reading this thread, please note the age of the accounts that are posting and the positions they have. There is a lot of wisdom contained in the posts in this thread. Ignore them at your peril.

@Stuart Watson, you have been here and driving a Tesla for less than 3 months. I'm trying to be nice here but you know effectively nothing about Tesla the company, their history, or their cars. You are still in the honeymoon phase of Tesla/EV ownership. AP/FSD is still novel to you. "Look Ma! No hands!" You probably still giggle when it tries to smash you into a motorway barrier. We've all been there.

We don't believe Elon's claims because he has been saying the same thing for literally 6 years. "2 weeks!" Give me a break.

Enjoy the honeymoon. Soon you will be in the abused spouse phase(1) where you will make excuses for Tesla and Elon. Most of us are still in this phase because TINA. A few have been able to move on - it will get easier as the other manufacturers deliver more compelling offerings. At some point Tesla will have to change their practices or everyone will move on and the company will fail.

(1) No offense intended to anyone who has had to endure domestic violence.
I may have only owned a model Y for 3 months.

But I’ve been driving them for over 5 years.

Oh and a share holder for over 4 years ! 😂
I bet you wish you’d invested four years ago rather than spending time at your keyboard filling the forum with lies and negativity.

For people reading this thread, please note the age of the accounts that are posting and the positions they have. There is a lot of wisdom contained in the posts in this thread. Ignore them at your peril.

@Stuart Watson, you have been here and driving a Tesla for less than 3 months. I'm trying to be nice here but you know effectively nothing about Tesla the company, their history, or their cars. You are still in the honeymoon phase of Tesla/EV ownership. AP/FSD is still novel to you. "Look Ma! No hands!" You probably still giggle when it tries to smash you into a motorway barrier. We've all been there.

We don't believe Elon's claims because he has been saying the same thing for literally 6 years. "2 weeks!" Give me a break.

Enjoy the honeymoon. Soon you will be in the abused spouse phase(1) where you will make excuses for Tesla and Elon. Most of us are still in this phase because TINA. A few have been able to move on - it will get easier as the other manufacturers deliver more compelling offerings. At some point Tesla will have to change their practices or everyone will move on and the company will fail.

(1) No offense intended to anyone who has had to endure domestic violence.
Here is my model S order from 2019.

I subsequently cancelled it and put the funds into Tesla shares.

Have a peek at the price and ask who knows more about Tesla… me or you ? 😂

A713182D-9213-4712-A18C-9086FC8D3F9A.jpeg

Knightshade

NO ONE CARES.

Clearly someone does- since they keep asking for proof of something they've already- repeatedly- been shown proof of.

Heck YOU care, since you keep, dishonestly, denying that proof insisting the manual "doesn't really" say that even though it clearly does.

Every time you repeat this untrue claim you shift your goalposts to "Well sure is says it but doesn't mean it" (again without being able to support the claim) but then 5 posts later drop back to denying it says it.

We all know what it’s used for in real life.

We also know people climb into the back seat and film video on autopilot.

That doesn't mean it's safe or intended to be used that way.

So that's....not a great argument you've got there.

The VAST majority use it in city streets, because it’s awesome.

Except the root of the argument was from someone complaining it is not awesome dealing with cross traffic.

So pointing out it's explicitly not intended to be used there explains why.

Further- we can tell you're not in the beta- because that system actually is awesome in such conditions-- very very noticeably so compared to "regular" AP.

You can stop repeating yourself any time now.

Says the guy who keeps name-calling and repeating factually untrue claims for no apparent reason....at least I'm repeating actual facts directly addressing other users questions :)

• Love
Reactions: Phlier
I hesitate to put anything aftermarket on my car that was made in China. Quality control is unlikely and there is no one standing behind the product. Sorry to hear this happened.

I have been looking at this post several times to see if I should remove it, because its very xenophobic and short sighted. Every time someone says something like this, I think to myself "but if you are walking around with an iPhone or android phone, you have a device thats made in china that no one would consider low quality".

Its wrong to denote "all products" from a region as low quality, its not universally true for goods made in any city, state, or country, and this type of post normally stirs up even more xenophobic posts after it.

With the above being said, I try very hard to separate "things I think are wrong" from "things I need to take moderation action on" in my head and actions. I will admit freely to being a regular person, so to say that it has zero impact would be silly as thats almost impossible. I do call it out to myself though, to try to keep myself honest on it. I doubt everyone agrees, but thats what I try to do, anyway.

I came to the conclusion that I while I really dont like the above comment as it really drives home a bunch of irrational xenophobia, that frankly is misguided, and proven by any number of manufactured products to be incorrect as a whole, its not actionable from a moderation perspective. So I just decided to write a long dissertation on why I disagree with it, yet didnt do anything about it from a moderation perspective.

I came to the conclusion that I while I really dont like the above comment as it really drives home a bunch of irrational xenophobia, that frankly is misguided, and proven by any number of manufactured products to be incorrect as a whole, its not actionable from a moderation perspective. So I just decided to write a long dissertation on why I disagree with it, yet didnt do anything about it from a moderation perspective.
Thanks for that, you're a good person, encouraging everyone to be more rational and less xenophobic, TMC is lucky to have you as a moderator.

That said, there's a pretty big difference between good quality OEM stuff made in China and brands in China with an actual history of quality, vs some no name stuff sold by stores with almost no aftermarket support. It's a case of buyer beware. You're right, it's wrong to paint everything made in China with the same brush.

If anyone wants to get an auto trunk strut for their older Model 3s, at least now there's a good data point on what type of vendor to NOT buy from.

Thanks for that, you're a good person, encouraging everyone to be more rational and less xenophobic, TMC is lucky to have you as a moderator.

That said, there's a pretty big difference between good quality OEM stuff made in China and brands in China with an actual history of quality, vs some no name stuff sold by stores with almost no aftermarket support. It's a case of buyer beware. You're right, it's wrong to paint everything made in China with the same brush.

If anyone wants to get an auto trunk strut for their older Model 3s, at least now there's a good data point on what type of vendor to NOT buy from.

Yeah, I want to be 100% clear that I am appreciative of the OP for sharing their information about what happened, etc. Thats a large part of what I feel is the best part about forums like this one (information sharing about good, and bad things, products, services etc).

I think the OPs data point is very helpful.

I have been looking at this post several times to see if I should remove it, because its very xenophobic and short sighted. Every time someone says something like this, I think to myself "but if you are walking around with an iPhone or android phone, you have a device thats made in china that no one would consider low quality".

Its wrong to denote "all products" from a region as low quality, its not universally true for goods made in any city, state, or country, and this type of post normally stirs up even more xenophobic posts after it.

With the above being said, I try very hard to separate "things I think are wrong" from "things I need to take moderation action on" in my head and actions. I will admit freely to being a regular person, so to say that it has zero impact would be silly as thats almost impossible. I do call it out to myself though, to try to keep myself honest on it. I doubt everyone agrees, but thats what I try to do, anyway.

Agreed in principal that xenophobia is not good.
In fact it is a very powerful negative attitude that has lead to major tragedies. As such, the term should not be applied too readily to people simply based on their dissatisfaction with a product's lack of backup in export territories.

And that is the significant point; you refer to Chinese made phones, would they be the ones that offer help and repairs like iPhone stores etc.
Our Tesla cars are Chinese built and are backed up in every territory in which they are sold.

I can't understand people who think that woke means insulting others on the slightest pretext.

Now, we all know that buying cheap and cheerful items from anonymous trading platforms brings an inherent risk so "you pays your money and takes your chance".

This is not a political platform and even in responding I recognise that I am breaking that rule. But, please, before chucking out accusations take the time to understand the full import (no pun intended) and the definition of the words you choose.

Last edited:
Agreed in principal that xenophobia is not good.
In fact it is a very powerful negative attitude that has lead to major tragedies. As such, the term should not be applied too readily to people simply based on their dissatisfaction with a product's lack of backup in export territories.

And that is the significant point; you refer to Chinese made phones, would they be the ones that offer help and repairs like iPhone stores etc.
Our Tesla cars are Chinese built and are backed up in every territory in which they are sold.

I can't understand people who think that woke means insulting others on the slightest pretext.

Now, we all know that buying cheap and cheerful items from anonymous trading platforms brings an inherent risk so "you pays your money and takes your chance".

This is not a political platform and even in responding I recognise that I am breaking that rules. But, please, before chucking out out accusations take the time to understand the full import (no pun intended) of your words you choose.
PS With all due respect of course.Mr Moderator, I trust you will not remove my post before members have had a chance to read my rebuttal and defence of a fellow member who has every right to feel shabbily treated...and by a Moderator no less.

PS With all due respect of course.Mr Moderator, I trust you will not remove my post before members have had a chance to read my rebuttal and defence of a fellow member who has every right to feel shabbily treated...and by a Moderator no less.

Treated shabbily? Do you even know which post was being "not moderated"?

I hesitate to put anything aftermarket on my car that was made in China. Quality control is unlikely and there is no one standing behind the product. Sorry to hear this happened.

When you want to talk about word choice - this is what you should be focusing on. If you support vertico's quote verbatim, then you've lost the plot entirely.

Treated shabbily? Do you even know which post was being "not moderated"?

When you want to talk about word choice - this is what you should be focusing on. If you support vertico's quote verbatim, then you've lost the plot entirely.
My only issue is the casual use of words like zenophobic/zenophobia which means "fear and hatred of strangers or foreigners or of anything that is strange or foreign." That's quite an accusation to level at anyone on such flimsy evidence.

I notice that the user/accuser got a lot of appreciation for it ...

....so I don't know what your plot is but I am sure I ought to be glad that it is lost to me.

My only issue is the casual use of words like zenophobic/zenophobia which means "fear and hatred of strangers or foreigners or of anything that is strange or foreign." That's quite an accusation to level at anyone on such flimsy evidence.

I notice that the user/accuser got a lot of appreciation for it ...

....so I don't know what your plot is but I am sure I ought to be glad that it is lost to me.

I know what the word means. One of the interesting things about the internet is, I dont know your background other than what you say here, and you dont know mine either. "I wont use chinese made XXX as there is no YYYY" statement, the way it was made, falls into the description you put there. Thats quite a bit different statement than "I wont use this X thing from Y company". In general, lumping an entire group of people together to make a statement about them as a whole tends to be incorrect.

Saying that, however, I am probably at the point now where I should move that post to quarantine, along with my response to it and any response to my responses because it dilutes this thread.

Reactions: psybervw
Status
Not open for further replies.