Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where? Please show me these verified reports of 4680 LR MY from Austin. It would be major news because LR 4680 will not be 330 miles or would be much heavier and have slower acceleration times. There are also not enough cells to meet the demand so it would be pointless to introduce a LR alongside the already new SR. They would have done LR 4680 from the start if they could. If the range was different, there would also be new EPA docs for a new MY variant.

At this time, any reports of 4680 LR from Austin are just hype or hopeful buyers relaying third hand reports that they know are false but want to believe in hopes they get the car no one else can get (because it’s not being made).

Please stop perpetuating this. You are part of the problem. You should provide proof when you post something like this.
You have no reason to attack people as part of the problem. I am just stating what I had seen online on someone getting their MYLR and the charge time was 1 hour from 0% battery which the 2160 cannot do. Once I find the link again I can share but keep your attitude to your negative self.

Edit: Texas-made Tesla Model Y with 4680 battery charges 0-97% in under 1 hour This is just one of them, will find the other one once I get a chance.

• Disagree
Reactions: cusetownusa
You have no reason to attack people as part of the problem. I am just stating what I had seen online on someone getting their MYLR and the charge time was 1 hour from 0% battery which the 2160 cannot do. Once I find the link again I can share but keep your attitude to your negative self.

Edit: Texas-made Tesla Model Y with 4680 battery charges 0-97% in under 1 hour This is just one of them, will find the other one once I get a chance.
That's not an MYLR, it's an SR.

Btw, just putting this out there so you're not dazzled by this 0-97% charging time...

Last edited:

My 2170 Model 3 long range will charge from 0% to 100% in one hour.

General comment: Since there seems to be some confusion on cylindrical cell sizes, here is a cheat sheet.

Model S & X: 18650 (1865) means 18 mm diameter and 65 mm length

Model 3 & Y: 21700 (2170) means 21 mm diameter and 70 mm length

Model Y: 46800 (4680) means 46 mm diameter and 80 mm length

Thank you for confirming suspicions that your initial post was based misguided information. My response was not an attack. It was stating facts. People post things that are not true and based on something they think they saw but haven't verified (4680 LR from Austin). And then made suppositions based on equally incorrect assumptions (2170 LR MY can't charge 0-100% in an hour so therefore they are doing 4680 LR in Austin). In reality, the 4680 MY AWD charges at a SLOWER rate than LR 2170 MY. Both do 0-100% in an hour. One is taking on 69kWh, the other 75-78kWh.

I am sorry that you are taking offense to someone asking for proof and then showing that your post was incorrect. Unfortunately, journalists are lazy these days and they come here for info. They see a post like yours as a money maker so they put that up as "news" and rake in the cash from clicks. It puts a bad light on the forums here so the less false information posted, the better for everyone here. And there wouldn't be so many conflicting reports about what is happening at Austin. To be fair, Tesla employees are probably the worst source for information relating to production of Tesla vehicles. They are in sales and tell people what they want to hear, even if it isn't true.

Someone posting facts in response to your misleading post is not a personal attack.

Someone posting facts in response to your misleading post is not a personal attack.
This statement is not necessary. Just because something does not fit your narrow narrative does mean someone is perpetuating false info

"Please stop perpetuating this. You are part of the problem. You should provide proof when you post something like this."

Since this convo did not involve you no one asked you defend someone so stay the F out

• Disagree
Reactions: dbldwn02
How dare you to complain about Elon's strike assignment methodology. If Elon calls a strike on your gaze wondering off, it's 100% your fault, because you are unworthy.
Common, man, you threw away $6-12K for vaporware that doesn't allow you to drive the car like a real man, and NOW you are complaining?

FSD == For Sure, Dude.
FSD == Full Strike Daily.
FSD == Fools S#$% (Elon's) D@#$.

More here:
The immaturity, typical.

I would really like for the end game to include being able to drive from the San Francisco Bay area to Boise without having a huge 255 mile gap in the middle.
This assumes, of course, that people actually drive to Boise from San Francisco. Even in my first Model S, I was able to make a 225-mile gap by slowing down a little, and I suspect even my wife's SR Model 3 could make it, so I don't see the worry over a little 225 mile gap. Now, trying to do it at 80 mph, now that would be a stretch. People who can't afford to buy a long-range electric car shouldn't be worrying about a gap.

This assumes, of course, that people actually drive to Boise from San Francisco. Even in my first Model S, I was able to make a 225-mile gap by slowing down a little, and I suspect even my wife's SR Model 3 could make it, so I don't see the worry over a little 225 mile gap. Now, trying to do it at 80 mph, now that would be a stretch. People who can't afford to buy a long-range electric car shouldn't be worrying about a gap.
I wouldn't want to attempt a 225 mile gap in a SR ... with the wrong winds/ temperatures and especially not to Boise with a nasty elevation change profile. Unless sitting in the right lane going 60 is considered "not worrying"

Status
Not open for further replies.