Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
YESSS!!! The water spraying from the OP's vehicle prior to and during crashing into the standing water is a clear indication of speed. The rate of speed can also be calculated by watching the speed of the lane markers. I'm guessing easily in excess of 50mph.

Wow, I did not know we could know the speed of a vehicle based on water spraying! With so much accuracy!

I feel blessed we have so many confident, smart people on this forum!

tells you everything about you and your character.

1662828528957.png

Wow, I did not know we could know the speed of a vehicle based on water spraying! With so much accuracy!

I feel blessed we have so many confident, smart people on this forum!
Now THAT'S funny. How about driving on a wet street at, say...20mph...and watch for the mist swirling wildly around your car.

What's that you say? You don't see any? Wow. the laws of physics win again!

How about watching the video again and looking at the lane markers?

(juli1: "The end for me on this thread..." I guess you're not finished here.)

Now THAT'S funny. How about driving on a wet street at, say...20mph...and watch for the mist swirling wildly around your car.

What's that you say? You don't see any? Wow. the laws of physics win again!

How about watching the video again and looking at the lane markers?

(juli1: "The end for me on this thread..." I guess you're not finished here.)

I agree that the law of physics applies and always wins. To accurately measure speed (distance / time), you need to know accurately:

1. Distance: accurately calculate the time between two lane markers while in the water. Anything before is not really relevant and the drive probably slowed down a lot while entering the water (and the water also slows the car down).
2. Time: know the exact time taken to travel between two markers

It's impossible to do so in the video as the lanes are not visible in the water. And even if we want to guess the speed before the car enters the water, we need to exact distance of each marker (and the video quality is quite bad).

But if you can see the markers on this photo, please let me know! Also, I am glad you can judge how deep the water is, the only indication I could use is the water on the side and the water does not even touch the wheels.

Screen Shot 2022-09-10 at 11.06.56 AM.png

In conclusion: I believe we cannot know either the speed or the depth of the water. We can play the "experts" but that is not helping anybody other than boosting our own ego.

Last, I will leave that here.

Screen Shot 2022-09-10 at 10.49.20 AM.png

And yes, I am stupid enough to come back to this thread. And you are correct, I should probably leave it like this since the law on human stupidity is probably as true as the law of physics.

juli1: "And yes, I am stupid enough to come back to this thread. And you are correct, I should probably leave it like this since the law on human stupidity is probably as true as the law of physics."

Finally, we have come to an agreement. "...the law on human stupidity". (whatever that is...your words, not mine."

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Did you guys really not watch the Semi unveil event?

View attachment 852008

The CEO of Tesla "guaranteed" this rate.
Slowly put down the blunt and take two steps back, you evidently are unable to hold a thought process other than the guaranteed 7 cents……..now prove to me exactly what information you have that it’s NOT that price on a system that DOES NOT EXIST for trucks THAT ARE NOT publicly available.

Slowly put down the blunt and take two steps back, you evidently are unable to hold a thought process other than the guaranteed 7 cents……..now prove to me exactly what information you have that it’s NOT that price on a system that DOES NOT EXIST for trucks THAT ARE NOT publicly available.

Because I can do the math of current diesel prices, mpg, and compare it to Tesla's new claim that an owner of a Semi will see "estimates fuel savings of up to $200,000 within their first three years of ownership."

Seriously...you're getting upset about math lol

Because I can do the math of current diesel prices, mpg, and compare it to Tesla's new claim that an owner of a Semi will see "estimates fuel savings of up to $200,000 within their first three years of ownership."

Seriously...you're getting upset about math lol
I’m not getting upset about anything, you are the one crying about a guarantee that has not come to fruition because the facilities have not been built. To prove or disprove the guarantee, your attempt at napkin math has left you with a void under your wineglass, put the napkins back where they belong and move on to the next complaint.

I use it because as I said before I drive daily 65 miles one way. I am alert, hands on the wheel, however when prompted to turn the wheel (so ridiculously often) on autopilot it’s agreevating at the precise amount of pressure I need to use to have the system recognize that I’m alert. Most times it disengages and I have to re-activate it. This is why I use it. And as you said some people might disagree and that’s ok. However for individuals to come at me when they have absolutely NO IDEA who I am, how I drive, and my spotless driving record for 31 years is what I will not stay quite about. And just like armpits two always have two and most of the time they usually stink.

stating that you have a clean record making it ok, is like saying you have smoked for all those years and don't have cancer, so smoking is safe too.

sorry, you shouldn't be using it. get over yourself, at your age you should be mature enough to recognize that and admit you are wrong.
Blah blah blah. Get over YOURSELF and keep your opinion to yourself.

LOL, thumbs down all you want @whisperingshad only an idiot would suggest a drunk driver get in the car and use AP/FSD.
Only and idiot would read it like that :p
DDs drive drunk all the time, and they shouldnt. I said i'd rather them be on AP/FSD with no nag than slamming into people, I guess you like them slamming into and killing people. :p

• Disagree
Reactions: bkp_duke and T-Mom
You seem confused, can you quote any comment from me where I said Texas was not a desert?

Also, could you try to stay on topic? This isn't a "your momma is uglier than my momma" thread is it?

WTF Are you picking a fight or something?
First of all, I started this thread abut NorCal heat wave. NorCal is not a desert.
There are 16 pages of meandering and you want me to stay on topic

Reactions: BGbreeder and iPlug
Status
Not open for further replies.