Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't change the fact that, ancient as it is, the charging system was built for lead acid and should be charging a lead acid battery. If you want a LFP battery as your LV battery, change the charging system to accommodate it. It's even dumber to change battery chemistries because there had been a software bug that wasn't alerting people to a dying LV battery, and somehow expecting that the charging system that wasn't even designed for LFP is somehow going to alert you before the LFP battery goes kaput. Then people have started putting Bluetooth monitors on their LFP replacement batteries to figure out what's going on with Tesla's firmware and why it's throwing errors on a battery chemistry it was never designed for. Have these people not realized that you can put a Bluetooth monitor on the OEM lead acid battery too in order to figure out if it's dying? Or you can buy a load tester for about 1/4 to 1/8 of the cost of these LFP replacements. Or both.
Just to let you know your posts have been reported. Several were moved to snippiness 2.0 which looks like a good location for you.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Calling @JRP3

Just wanted to be sure you got this memo.

Also, there is a new cover sheet for the TPS reports.

But wait, there's more ...

Last edited:
@Knightshade seems to have severe problems with his/her logic. "no one has died so therefore it's not dangerous" "Hyundai has problems so therefore Tesla doesn't have problems"

.You seem to have a severe problem with truth as I said neither.
If there's no accidents it's not a SAFETY problem. It's not DANGEROUS as some folks have said.

You are correct that you technically did not say Tesla doesn't have problems you did mischaracterize @Mark II's quote:
Did you miss where he claimed it was specifically a -tesla- defect?
Yes, I do. In fact I quoted it directly to you:

" the Tesla AP / TACC is defective."
The way you continually throw out straw man arguments combined with your refusal to answer anyone's questions regarding the point of your arguments leads to the natural conclusion that you deny that Tesla's TACC is defective and has a problem.

"but you dont understand..sometimes toyotas and hondas phantom brake, so that nullifies the NHTSA investigation and current legal action against tesla's braking issues".

HORRID "logic." 🤣 🤣
You DO understand that no-one has claimed that except you? It has been pointed out (a) that there is a lack of evidence that PB is as widespread and dangerous as some are claiming and (b) that some have claimed the problem is unique to Tesla, again with evidence except claims "my model XXXX never did it". Only you have tried to muddle the two together, so yeah, HORRID "logic".

Reactions: Yelobird
some have claimed the problem is unique to Tesla, again with evidence except claims "my model XXXX never did it"
Actually it's more an argument of degrees. like @Mark II said, his Sonata has done it once over several years while his Tesla experiences issues virtually daily. I challenge you to talk to a Tesla owner who hasn't experienced phantom braking. Of all the Tesla owners I've spoken to not a single one hasn't experienced phantom braking.

I've brought up my experience with our 2020 Forester before - zero episodes of phantom braking on adaptive cruise or false AEB activations in 15k miles. That doesn't mean that Subarus are immune but it does provide a powerful statistical data point. Since I've experienced phantom braking as frequently as every 10-15 miles, either our Forester is an extreme aberration, my Tesla is an extreme aberration or the issues in Subarus are 1000 times less than in Teslas. When I talk to other Subaru owners they've given similar experiences and when I talk to other Tesla owners they also give similar reports. That leaves the last option as the logical conclusion.

Don't fall into the same trap that @Knightshade does and get distracted by other makes and use the presence of reports in other makers' cars as normative or otherwise justification for the poor performance of TACC on Teslas.

Edit: I'll provide another anecdotal data point - when I drive my Tesla and use TACC I've noticed I tend to keep my foot over the accelerator to counteract phantom braking events. When I drive our forester I don't (and don't need to.) Admittedly this is anecdotal evidence but it's rather telling.

Last edited:
Good for you. We have different priorities. I asked how to facilitate my priorities, and you sarcastically replied to start this convo. Still not sure why. Thankfully others have been helpful.
I was sarcastic absolutely, sarcasm has a way of bringing people back to reality when they realize how absurd something sounds. I generally use assholeism to negate entitlement beliefs, let me know if you believe we’ve gotten there.

I was sarcastic absolutely, sarcasm has a way of bringing people back to reality when they realize how absurd something sounds. I generally use assholeism to negate entitlement beliefs, let me know if you believe we’ve gotten there.
You’re so right. How absurd of me to expect to get a modern year model, one which others are clearly receiving, when waiting a year and a half and spending $100k on a vehicle. If that makes me entitled then so be it.

• Funny
So glad you showed up to the party, just FYI I never said anything about the intended use of any vehicle, I said “ I buy what we want / need and use them as intended”, that means I use them for the intended use I buy them for, everyone has different intent with vehicles I certainly am not one to dictate what someone does with their vehicle. It’s obvious the op is in the resale business or attempting to be, can’t wait for ”I put it on hold and the order got cancelled” thread
If you had any amount of reading comprehension you would see in my other replies why I want the X to retain as much value as possible. If Tesla cancels my order so be it. You seem to care way more about that outcome than I do.

Actually it's more an argument of degrees. like @Mark II said, his Sonata has done it once over several years while his Tesla experiences issues virtually daily. I challenge you to talk to a Tesla owner who hasn't experienced phantom braking. Of all the Tesla owners I've spoken to not a single one hasn't experienced phantom braking.

I've brought up my experience with our 2020 Forester before - zero episodes of phantom braking on adaptive cruise or false AEB activations in 15k miles. That doesn't mean that Subarus are immune but it does provide a powerful statistical data point. Since I've experienced phantom braking as frequently as every 10-15 miles, either our Forester is an extreme aberration, my Tesla is an extreme aberration or the issues in Subarus are 1000 times less than in Teslas. When I talk to other Subaru owners they've given similar experiences and when I talk to other Tesla owners they also give similar reports. That leaves the last option as the logical conclusion.

Don't fall into the same trap that @Knightshade does and get distracted by other makes and use the presence of reports in other makers' cars as normative or otherwise justification for the poor performance of TACC on Teslas.

Edit: I'll provide another anecdotal data point - when I drive my Tesla and use TACC I've noticed I tend to keep my foot over the accelerator to counteract phantom braking events. When I drive our forester I don't (and don't need to.) Admittedly this is anecdotal evidence but it's rather telling.
It must be the addition of cameras in the calculations. The Subaru has only a radar sensor facing forward to handle speed control, and a basic firmware to handle the output from the sensor. No fusion with other sensors, no calculations based on other sensors, etc. TACC, by its very name, is aware of everything around it, and therefore has to contend with sensor fusion (stitching camera feeds together for a 360 view) and calculations of traffic conditions all around the vehicle. It's a tough problem to solve - but we have seen Mobileye handle it pretty well with vision only, so I'm sure it can be solved.

Reactions: sleepydoc
If you had any amount of reading comprehension you would see in my other replies why I want the X to retain as much value as possible. If Tesla cancels my order so be it. You seem to care way more about that outcome than I do.
i believe EVERYONE wants any possession to retain as much value as possible, so it’s Not a new concept maybe it’s one you just figured out.

• Helpful
You are correct that you technically did not say Tesla doesn't have problems

Then why did you claim I did? Not making things up untrue things would lead to a great improvement in your posts.

I've brought up my experience with our 2020 Forester before - zero episodes of phantom braking on adaptive cruise or false AEB activations in 15k miles. That doesn't mean that Subarus are immune

Which is weird, because when you originally brought it up a good while back it was explicitly to suggest they are immune telling us if Subaru has a working system why is Teslas broken.

I then corrected you with a bunch of links from Subaru owners citing experiencing phantom braking.

Since then you have (barely) tempered your claims.

but it does provide a powerful statistical data point

You mean like how 0 accidents in billions of miles on TACC/AP/FSD proves via powerful statistical data it's not dangerous?

I ask- because you keep denying that fact, while insisting your one example of one persons miles "a powerful statistical data point"

I don't think most of those words mean what you think they mean.

As I reminder- here was your reply when I pointed out the Subaru manual has the same warnings Tesla does about PB

False - I haven’t reviewed every other brand of car but our Subaru Forester has no such warning. Beyond the warnings, I care about the level of function and accuracy

This was an outright lie-- which I called you on and linked to the warning in the subaru manual here:

In the same post you also told us in reply to my pointing out the fact that all other brands also experience PB-

Again, false. I’ve driven several other cars with adaptive cruise control and had exactly zero problems with phantom braking. Zero. nada. Zilch. Null. Nothing. 1/∞. Also see @S4WRXTTCS’s experience above.

You kept insisting it was ZERO on all these other brands. Not "just less often"

Same post I linked to above also corrected you on THAT linking to numerous reports from owners of those non-tesla cars with PB

Again- only after repeatedly citing your own owners manual proving you wrong and then also citing other owners of your car reporting PB with all your "never happens" brands did you, slightly, temper your nonsense posting about it. And only barely.

Seems you're reverting back to form a bit here though with just making stuff up that when called out you admit nobody said either.

Me? I've got the receipts on your nonsense claims :)

• Funny
It must be the addition of cameras in the calculations. The Subaru has only a radar sensor facing forward to handle speed control, and a basic firmware to handle the output from the sensor. No fusion with other sensors, no calculations based on other sensors, etc. TACC, by its very name, is aware of everything around it, and therefore has to contend with sensor fusion (stitching camera feeds together for a 360 view) and calculations of traffic conditions all around the vehicle. It's a tough problem to solve - but we have seen Mobileye handle it pretty well with vision only, so I'm sure it can be solved.
Our Subaru uses a vision-based system which I use to counter the argument people make that all the PB problems are from using vision instead of radar.

As far as 'all the other features' that TACC is supposedly doing, that's great but Tesla should start at the same level of functionality that other adaptive cruise systems have and add to that rather than add a bunch of features but have worse overall functionality. From a driver's perspective I can say I really don't notice most of the other features or miss them when I drive our Subaru. On the other hand, I do notice every time my Tesla slows down.

Part of the problem may be that Tesla is actually trying to solve a different, more difficult problem than other carmakers. If they're viewing TACC as a smaller portion of the overall FSD feature set and coding it as such it may explain the poor performance. It still doesn't excuse it, though. If this is the case it would appear that other makers are shooting for and achieving more modest goals while Tesla is shooting for the moon but landing in the dirt.

Reactions: Mark II
Then why did you claim I did? Not making things up untrue things would lead to a great improvement in your posts.

Which is weird, because when you originally brought it up a good while back it was explicitly to suggest they are immune telling us if Subaru has a working system why is Teslas broken.

I then corrected you with a bunch of links from Subaru owners citing experiencing phantom braking.

Since then you have (barely) tempered your claims.

You mean like how 0 accidents in billions of miles on TACC/AP/FSD proves via powerful statistical data it's not dangerous?

I ask- because you keep denying that fact, while insisting your one example of one persons miles "a powerful statistical data point"

I don't think most of those words mean what you think they mean.

As I reminder- here was your reply when I pointed out the Subaru manual has the same warnings Tesla does about PB

This was an outright lie-- which I called you on and linked to the warning in the subaru manual here:

In the same post you also told us in reply to my pointing out the fact that all other brands also experience PB-

You kept insisting it was ZERO on all these other brands. Not "just less often"

Same post I linked to above also corrected you on THAT linking to numerous reports from owners of those non-tesla cars with PB

Again- only after repeatedly citing your own owners manual proving you wrong and then also citing other owners of your car reporting PB with all your "never happens" brands did you, slightly, temper your nonsense posting about it. And only barely.

Seems you're reverting back to form a bit here though with just making stuff up that when called out you admit nobody said either.

Me? I've got the receipts on your nonsense claims :)

Status
Not open for further replies.