Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They want to complain about their Tesla cars that they test drove before they purchased indicating that they knew what they were getting into (if not, oh well there nothing that can help them), and clearly they purchased the cars that were not meant for them. All they want is cushy/moving couch like cars. :cool:
You talk so much $hit keyboard warrior. this is verified by all the downvotes you received over the span of your useless posts.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Long post / sorry...

TL: DR : Tesla runs a software rollout type known as AGILE. Most modern software companies do. And a key point of agile software methodology is to move fast and to fix the bugs as you move along. If you aren't ok with the bugs, you can drastically reduce them by disabling the "advanced" software update option.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agile methodology pushes the company to be constantly evolving.

If they followed the old waterfall method, its true, we would have far fewer bugs, but we also would only get updates 2 or 3 times a year (maybe less). One major issue with waterfall is that by the time you get the software out, often, enhancements you spent money / time working on, are no longer relevant / useful.

Again, most software is rolled out this way now, and many, very large / public companies can be used as examples.
  • Apple, how many bug fixes for IoS? They have released 3 bug fixes in a week and often have 5 or 6 for each new software package
  • Android, 8 updates in 2 months
  • Cisco, 8 bug fixes for their "firepower" firewall in 2 months
  • Windows, I lost count
  • Facebook / Chrome and many other are just as bad, if not worse
Yes, none of those companies build cars, but I would argue, a car is even more complicated. I am genuinely surprised we don't have more bugs than we do.

Also, software updates on devices such as the above are less noticeable as often they can be patched without your knowledge. Especially if some of the code is cloud based where running much of Tesla's code on cloud could be dangerous moving in and out of coverage.

The idea behind the "advanced" and normal software update options in a Tesla car is to help soften the blow / reduce the bugs that come along with Agile software development.

I do think they could wait a bit longer for those on the normal option to kill a few more bugs but for those that choose "advanced", you are essentially signing up to take the bad, with the good to have the latest greatest features.
Lol I love when people who have never done Agile development try and explain it to someone who has.

First, I know what Agile and waterfall development is and practice both. You clearly don't have any background because you left out critical steps in the process which would mitigate this mess we have with Tesla bug release practice.

Those companies you mentioned don't put out buggy software like Tesla, nor do they have as many releases as you claim. I have never had 8 SW update for an Android device nor have I had that many bug riddled release with Apple and Cisco, nice try!

It's clear you are lumping Security patches and CVE releases into the same category as Bug fix releases. Cisco specifically and Windows release security patches as they become available, those security patches don't introduce new bugs unlike Tesla.

What Tesla is doing is the notorious model of pumping out Agile scrum features/capabilities to the masses without any formal testing. If they were to even unit test beyond their IDE they would catch these bugs. Tesla rather put out garbage code and have their fanboys who make excuses for them test away with HITL being the end user. That doesn't last long and the companies who practice this go out of business historically.

You act like their Standard releases don't have bugs, lol. Every Standard releases I've had on 2 new Tesla cars north of 150k have been riddled with bugs. So you can make excuses and try to obfuscate the problem by missleading others, but you can pull the smoke and mirrors on me. It's a shame candor and truth don't go hand in hand when people defend the indefensible Tesla practice.

• Love
Reactions: strider
The absurdity of your claim garners a second response.

You lumping Cisco, which is the backbone infrastructure of America from small to large companies into the same category as Tesla is unimaginable. I'm sorry it really does show your ignorance.

You think any company would put up with buggy software from Cisco that's protecting their IP and corporation?

Lol I love when people who have never done Agile development try and explain it to someone who has.

First, I know what Agile and waterfall development is and practice both. You clearly don't have any background because you left out critical steps in the process which would mitigate this mess we have with Tesla bug release practice.

Those companies you mentioned don't put out buggy software like Tesla, nor do they have as many releases as you claim. I have never had 8 SW update for an Android device nor have I had that many bug riddled release with Apple and Cisco, nice try!
Not here to argue, no reason to. We are all here to discuss issues, concerns and to learn.

How was I to know you knew what Agile was?

I will admit, maybe I am not the best at explaining it at a high level but had I tried to put all of what Agile is into a post, I would have lost 99% of readers.

By the way, I do know what Agile is, I am a certified scrum master and my day job is leading multiple development teams, using Agile. Happy to have a detailed discussion about it but would rather not derail this thread.

A quick google search shows far more than 8 updates for Android 12 on the Pixel.

Now whether or not you want to compare Tesla to my examples, thats fair. But we have no one else to compare Tesla to as they are the only ones that push updates out on a vehicle every month.

Just my opinion, but this is what Agile looks like in an industry not used / seen before.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker

Daniel454 Said:

Not here to argue, no reason to. We are all here to discuss issues, concerns and to learn.

How was I to know you knew what Agile was?

I will admit, maybe I am not the best at explaining it at a high level but had I tried to put all of what Agile is into a post, I would have lost 99% of readers.

By the way, I do know what Agile is, I am a certified scrum master and my day job is leading multiple development teams, using Agile. Happy to have a detailed discussion about it but would rather not derail this thread.

A quick google search shows far more than 8 updates for Android 12 on the Pixel.
https://piunikaweb.com/2022/10/19/google-pixel-android-12-bugs-problems-issues-tracker/
Now whether or not you want to compare Tesla to my examples, thats fair. But we have no one else to compare Tesla to as they are the only ones that push updates out on a vehicle every month.

Just my opinion, but this is what Agile looks like in an industry not used / seen before.

No offense, but a child can take classes to get certified as a scrum master. It does not make you the expert or authority to placate Tesla's poor release practice.

Are you a SW Developer? Are you familiar with the V-Model? If you are than what I said prior should make sense to you. Scrum masters with all due respect is just a glorified "status liaison" position, unless you develop yourself. Regardless of what I think let's discuss.

I'm not going to debate the Android link you provided because that is in reference to "Beta" channels which you should know better. We are not talking about Beta when it comes to Tesla. This is no kidding production Stable releases, you proved my point in fact in more than one way.

Now I agree with you in that Tesla is the only Auto company haphazardly releasing non-thoroughly tested SW. No other Auto MFG would put their reputation at risk or want to burden their customers and customer service staff with myriads of complaints due to buggy SW releases.
I don't have the time or patience to pull out my DMM, o-scope, or spec AN to probe the cars anymore trying to figure out if the issue is a new HW problem, or simply another turd stable SW release Tesla dropped with a bugs causing the issue. I can do that at work, don't have the desire to do it on my 2 new teslas. Make matters worse they refuse to allow a simple downgrade to rule out HW issues and service centers are clueless to most of the new bugs.

I don't know what company you work for or what industry. I will say as a scrum master you should know at minimum, Agile does not correlate to buggy SW releases. Sprints and features with partial capability still need to be thoroughly tested, peer reviewed at minimum and tested against HITL before they are released until the full capability comes to fruition in a future sprint. We are not even talking about DO-178 type standards for good Agile practice although cars being now all fly by wire there is legitimate concerns about code safety (another discussion).

This notion other companies do this and release buggy SW in an agile methodology is simply not correct.

Tesla has no out in this and no one can make excuses for them. As I said elon is more concerned about perfumes, they need to do better and frankly what I've seen so far with the Stable releases, it is inexcusable.

Last edited:
I get a kick out of the people who say that Big Auto just pays off the press. They’re quite happy to accept awards when Tesla gets them but when another car or make gets an award suddenly the system is rigged. (Interestingly one sees the same phenomenon on Apple forums)

Whenever I see comments like those it strikes me as somebody who’s not secure enough to admit that maybe their product (side) isn’t perfect and maybe another manufacturer might just make a good product, too.
I agree, some cry babies can't handle that their Y isn't the best. Typical fanboi, one specifically in here, this is coming from someone that also owns a Y.

af88 said:
Long post / sorry...

TL: DR : Tesla runs a software rollout type known as AGILE. Most modern software companies do. And a key point of agile software methodology is to move fast and to fix the bugs as you move along. If you aren't ok with the bugs, you can drastically reduce them by disabling the "advanced" software update option.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agile methodology pushes the company to be constantly evolving.

If they followed the old waterfall method, its true, we would have far fewer bugs, but we also would only get updates 2 or 3 times a year (maybe less). One major issue with waterfall is that by the time you get the software out, often, enhancements you spent money / time working on, are no longer relevant / useful.

Again, most software is rolled out this way now, and many, very large / public companies can be used as examples.
  • Apple, how many bug fixes for IoS? They have released 3 bug fixes in a week and often have 5 or 6 for each new software package
  • Android, 8 updates in 2 months
  • Cisco, 8 bug fixes for their "firepower" firewall in 2 months
  • Windows, I lost count
  • Facebook / Chrome and many other are just as bad, if not worse
Yes, none of those companies build cars, but I would argue, a car is even more complicated. I am genuinely surprised we don't have more bugs than we do.

Also, software updates on devices such as the above are less noticeable as often they can be patched without your knowledge. Especially if some of the code is cloud based where running much of Tesla's code on cloud could be dangerous moving in and out of coverage.

The idea behind the "advanced" and normal software update options in a Tesla car is to help soften the blow / reduce the bugs that come along with Agile software development.

I do think they could wait a bit longer for those on the normal option to kill a few more bugs but for those that choose "advanced", you are essentially signing up to take the bad, with the good to have the latest greatest features.

You can try to remove my post, but I will make sure everyone is aware how asinine your argument is and how ignorant you are.

Lol I love when people who have never done Agile development try and explain it to someone who has. You are a Scrum master. A child can take classes to get certified as a scrum master. It does not make you the expert or authority to placate Tesla's poor release practice.

Trying to put Cisco in the same category as Telsa is inexcusable. They form the infrastructure foundation of every major small to large corporation who has IP and their company to protect. You really think Cisco put out buggy SW like Tesla. God help us all when people like you defend Tesla blindly.

I don't know what company you work for or what industry. I will say as a scrum master you should know at minimum, Agile does not correlate to buggy SW releases. Sprints and features with partial capability still need to be thoroughly tested, peer reviewed at minimum and tested against HITL before they are released until the full capability comes to fruition in a future sprint. We are not even talking about DO-178 type standards for good Agile practice although cars being now all fly by wire there is legitimate concerns about code safety (another discussion).

This notion other companies do this and release buggy SW in an agile methodology is simply not correct.

Tesla has no out in this and no one can make excuses for them. As I said elon is more concerned about perfumes, they need to do better and frankly what I've seen so far with the Stable releases, it is inexcusable

Reactions: S&B's M3
First it's "you're" like a moving couch. There are tons more on articles/reviews about the ride quality of a Y than an I5. Why don't you "grow up" and learn to take critique instead of crying. I actually own BOTH cars and have more input/value not only in this thread but in this forum.
sorry about the auto correct on my phone. Didn't meat to hurt your feeling. Again why there are more Tesla reviews than I5/EV6? If you still don't know, you really should ask your parents why they didn't teach you how to do your own research or critical thinking before you speak.

• Disagree
Reactions: MyEarHurts
You haters keep saying people are being fanbois for not admitting the MY suspension sucks. I got that you hate the MY/MYP suspension, that doesn't make the suspension actually sucks. It means you just don't like it.
Here's a life lesson for you. if you don't like or hate something, just move on. Don't try to force other people to think the same way.

• Disagree
sorry about the auto correct on my phone. Didn't meat to hurt your feeling. Again why there are more Tesla reviews than I5/EV6? If you still don't know, you really should ask your parents why they didn't teach you how to do your own research or critical thinking before you speak.
This is about the dumbest thing I have read. "Why there are more Tesla reviews than I5/EV6? Are you seriously asking this question?

Tesla has been out way longer than the I5 how about that??? How did you make it so far in life. You should ask your parents why they failed you before you speak or waste people from reading your posts.

You haters keep saying people are being fanbois for not admitting the MY suspension sucks. I got that you hate the MY/MYP suspension, that doesn't make the suspension actually sucks. It means you just don't like it.
Here's a life lesson for you. if you don't like or hate something, just move on. Don't try to force other people to think the same way.
You fanbois keep saying the I5 suck. I got that you hate the I5 suspension, that doesn't make the suspension "actually sucks". It means you just don't like it. Here's a life lesson for you (supposed to be comma, not a period), if you don't like or hate something, just move on. Don't try to force other people to think the same way.

There how does that sound? Take your own advice and gtfo. No one is forcing anyone to think any way, you are being a whimp because you can't take criticism. Grow up.

This is about the dumbest thing I have read. "Why there are more Tesla reviews than I5/EV6? Are you seriously asking this question?

Tesla has been out way longer than the I5 how about that??? How did you make it so far in life. You should ask your parents why they failed you before you speak or waste people from reading your posts.
Give me your best "Tesla suspension sucks" review numbers online, and I will give you the total number of MY/MYP deliveries in the world and then we can compare how many people actually hate their cars vs MY/MYP owners worldwide.

By the way my parents are both dead, so I will ask them after I die.

• Disagree
You fanbois keep saying the I5 suck. I got that you hate the I5 suspension, that doesn't make the suspension "actually sucks". It means you just don't like it. Here's a life lesson for you (supposed to be comma, not a period), if you don't like or hate something, just move on. Don't try to force other people to think the same way.

There how does that sound? Take your own advice and gtfo. No one is forcing anyone to think any way, you are being a whimp because you can't take criticism. Grow up.
I never said I5 sucks....Oh wait! I think I did.
It sucks on range, battery thermal management, mediocre at best HUD, HDA2, resale value, and so on.
Oh wait. It's got mushy and wobbly suspension, which is loved by butt sensitive people or who just want cushy EVs.
Instead of getting upset and shut people down, use your debating skills with logic based on the facts.

• Disagree
Give me your best "Tesla suspension sucks" review numbers online, and I will give you the total number of MY/MYP deliveries in the world and then we can compare how many people actually hate their cars vs MY/MYP owners worldwide.

By the way my parents are both dead, so I will ask them after I die.
I don't have to "give" you the best Tesla suspension sucks review numbers, I don't have to do crap, as I'm not convincing you to switch, just convincing you that YOU'RE WRONG.

Nate wrong list:

1. No one here said "many people actually hate their cars"- It's like saying give me all the I5 "suspension sucks" according to you and the numbers sold worldwide, the arguement goes both ways, nice try to make yourself like right.
2. You don't own an I5 so you really can't say anything and therefore lost all credibility to me and this forum.
3. So what you're saying is because there are so many MY/MYP the people that speak out against the suspension is automatically wrong? Keep drinking that koolaid
4. It's a good thing your parents don't have to see the failure you've become.

I never said I5 sucks....Oh wait! I think I did.
It sucks on range, battery thermal management, mediocre at best HUD, HDA2, resale value, and so on.
Oh wait. It's got mushy and wobbly suspension, which is loved by butt sensitive people or who just want cushy EVs.
Instead of getting upset and shut people down, use your debating skills with logic based on the facts.
It sucks on range....WRONG again, what else is new when it comes out from you. At least the I5 doesn't have to pump up and fake it's epa numbers and get actual 250 mile range, guarantee there are more posts of people not hitting the 3xx range in the Y, but let me guess, you're going to pull the "oh let's compare that complaint to how many Y's have sold" like you're doing on the suspension which makes no sense as there still more complaints about the suspension of the Y vs the suspesion on the I5 which I think you're (again) failing to understand.

I never said the MY sucks....Oh wait! I think I did.
It sucks on quality, ride comfort, lack of 360 camera, lack of an actual blind spot monitoring, fanboi cult (you are the golden child here) and resale value and so on. Oh wait, it's got rough suspension that MORE PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT IT VS THE I5 (FACT!), which is why butt sensitive cry babies that can't handle criticism

Instead of getting upset and shut people down, use your debating skills with logic on the facts. (you say this but don't do it.) You are the reason, if not the only reason why people hate Tesla owners.

It sucks on range....WRONG again, what else is new when it comes out from you. At least the I5 doesn't have to pump up and fake it's epa numbers and get actual 250 mile range, guarantee there are more posts of people not hitting the 3xx range in the Y, but let me guess, you're going to pull the "oh let's compare that complaint to how many Y's have sold" like you're doing on the suspension which makes no sense as there still more complaints about the suspension of the Y vs the suspesion on the I5 which I think you're (again) failing to understand.

I never said the MY sucks....Oh wait! I think I did.
It sucks on quality, ride comfort, lack of 360 camera, lack of an actual blind spot monitoring, fanboi cult (you are the golden child here) and resale value and so on. Oh wait, it's got rough suspension that MORE PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT IT VS THE I5 (FACT!), which is why butt sensitive cry babies that can't handle criticism

Instead of getting upset and shut people down, use your debating skills with logic on the facts. (you say this but don't do it.) You are the reason, if not the only reason why people hate Tesla owners.
Repeating your same illogical and aggressive/hateful talking points don't help here.

• Disagree
Repeating your same illogical and aggressive/hateful talking points don't help here.
Repeating the failure to understand the repeated logic, there is no help for you.

Let me break this down to your barney style.

1. You claim "range sucks" on the I5, 253 miles is close to actual miles. The MY lists 3xx, actual is around 230. - You= fail
2. Soft cushion couch ride- This is subjective and you said the I5 sucks because of this but the MY can be said that it rides like trash, which most people complain about vs the amount of people/articles that complain about the I5 suspension- fail again
3. The I5 have more features- Fact- You, fail again
4. Charges faster than a Tesla- How's the koolaid tasting now?
5. Has carplay, blindspot, heads up display, ventilated seats, retractable sun roof...-Just put the koolaid down and leave at this point...
6. You failing to understand that I am not trying to get anyone to buy one over the other and that I also OWN a MY- biggest fail I have seen on this forum. Your incompetency and just wanting to wrap your head around thinking your MY is the greatest is appauling.

Last edited:
Repeating the failure to understand the repeated logic, there is no help for you.

1. You claim "range sucks" on the I5, 253 miles is close to actual miles. The MY lists 3xx, actual is around 230. - You= fail
2. Soft cushion couch ride- This is subjective and you said the I5 sucks because of this but the MY can be said that it rides like trash, which most people complain about vs the amount of people/articles that complain about the I5 suspension- fail again
5. Has carplay, blindspot, heads up display, ventilated seats, retractable sun roof...-Just put the koolaid down and leave at this point...
6. You failing to understand that I am not trying to get anyone to buy one over the other and that I also OWN a MY- biggest fail I have seen on this forum. Your incompetency and just wanting to wrap your head around thinking your MY is the greatest is appauling.
It's obvious (too much so) you're both very passionate on this subject. One question for you - have you taken any trips with the I5 and if so how far and how was the charging experience? Because I like the extra features the I5 offers (HUD, CarPlay, etc..) but if it's not easy to take trips, that's a deal breaker.

Again, repeating the same talking points that were countered with the facts doesnt help you to justify your aggression/hate toward people do not agree with you. As soon as your use the words like “Fanboys” “Koolaid” you lose your credibility.

• Disagree
Status
Not open for further replies.